AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2019-03-22, 17:42   Link #18841
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Need to know basis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Who the heck is Tenka?
.....have you been keeping up with the spoilers for volume 20? It’s the name given to Inverse Tohka.
__________________
"The Fool Arcana does not mean that it can be taken lightly. The Fool is number zero.
It is the void from which all other things begin."
Seeker213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-22, 17:44   Link #18842
Estzero1
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Who the heck is Tenka?
Dude, you should really read the last few pages .
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic242962_2.gif

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-22, 21:17   Link #18843
TemporalHour
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Australia
Ah, thanks Estzero and Chaos. You guys are a wonderful help.

Yeesh, Ep 12 isn't looking good with that preview and title. I wonder if they'll actually pull one over us and try to cram it into one episode. I hope not.
TemporalHour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-22, 21:21   Link #18844
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I think people are getting carried away with the “volume 12 crammed into one episode” thing. We haven’t received such word, only an episode title that could be a lot of things other than volume 12 and a basic premise. Why would they even think to condense volume 12 in the first place? It doesn’t make sense. The only way it makes any sense is if it’s not condensed, rather intentionally left a cliffhanger leading into a fourth season. Which is still odd enough.

This feels more like it’s going to be a whacky anime original episode like the onsen episode of S1.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-22, 21:34   Link #18845
The Chaos Entity
Mukuro's wife
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I think people are getting carried away with the “volume 12 crammed into one episode” thing. We haven’t received such word, only an episode title that could be a lot of things other than volume 12 and a basic premise. Why would they even think to condense volume 12 in the first place? It doesn’t make sense. The only way it makes any sense is if it’s not condensed, rather intentionally left a cliffhanger leading into a fourth season. Which is still odd enough.

This feels more like it’s going to be a whacky anime original episode like the onsen episode of S1.
The image for it though has a monitor read out of Shido's body turning red in warning, as described in V12.
__________________
Due for surgery in March. Online appearances will be spotty at best for a while.
The Chaos Entity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-22, 21:43   Link #18846
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Need to know basis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I think people are getting carried away with the “volume 12 crammed into one episode” thing. We haven’t received such word, only an episode title that could be a lot of things other than volume 12 and a basic premise. Why would they even think to condense volume 12 in the first place? It doesn’t make sense. The only way it makes any sense is if it’s not condensed, rather intentionally left a cliffhanger leading into a fourth season. Which is still odd enough.

This feels more like it’s going to be a whacky anime original episode like the onsen episode of S1.
Yeah you’re absolutely right, it’s just that the title of the episode, and the image they showed for the preview which showed a monitor readout of a body with the names of the Spirits on the sides connected to it, with said connections disappearing as the body turns red. Is kinda making a lot of people I myself included jump to the worst possible conclusion.

Looking back it’s entirely possible the title of the episode and preview image are just meant to be massive red herrings, for a episode of harem antics. But that sense of paranoia is gonna haunt everyone until the episode airs
__________________
"The Fool Arcana does not mean that it can be taken lightly. The Fool is number zero.
It is the void from which all other things begin."
Seeker213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 05:05   Link #18847
TemporalHour
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Australia
Out of curiosity, Tohka can't exist without the existence of Spirit Energy in the world, right? I'm just trying to grasp the lore again, considering I'm not really up to date with the newer volumes.

Also, I know what you're saying, but it's natural to assume the worst. There's nothing wrong with tossing ideas around, we'll either be right or wrong and either is fine. Seems relatively well founded, considering what we've been shown, that they're veering towards Itsuka Disaster. Nothing is concrete yet though, I appreciate your input Shinji.
TemporalHour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 05:20   Link #18848
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Need to know basis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemporalHour View Post
Out of curiosity, Tohka can't exist without the existence of Spirit Energy in the world, right? I'm just trying to grasp the lore again, considering I'm not really up to date with the newer volumes.
From what I can tell by piecing together the spoilers for volume 20, due to Mio’s death the Spirit energy is going to disappear with her since it all originally came from her, as such this will result in Tohka disappearing due to lacking a normal human body as she is a pure Spirit like Mio, with her body made of Spirit energy

Next part of Volume 20’s final chapter is translated as we move closer to the end
Spoiler for Final chapter excerpt 4: Tohka’s goodbye:
__________________
"The Fool Arcana does not mean that it can be taken lightly. The Fool is number zero.
It is the void from which all other things begin."
Seeker213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 06:30   Link #18849
TemporalHour
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Australia
Ah, thanks Seeker. I had gathered that it was something to do with her Sephira, not Mio herself, which is why I didn't understand what happened considering Tohka was acting as the new housing for Mio's Sephira. Thank you, and thanks for finding these translations. Appreciate it <3

Last edited by TemporalHour; 2019-03-23 at 07:28. Reason: made a small syntax error.
TemporalHour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 16:01   Link #18850
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
If Touka was made by Mio just like Shidou, hey, even if she gets away with the OTP it still would be wincest end
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 16:16   Link #18851
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Need to know basis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
If Touka was made by Mio just like Shidou, hey, even if she gets away with the OTP it still would be wincest end
Tohka was created by Mio by complete accident, plus from what I remember they really aren’t related.
__________________
"The Fool Arcana does not mean that it can be taken lightly. The Fool is number zero.
It is the void from which all other things begin."
Seeker213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-24, 02:24   Link #18852
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Tohka was created by Mio’s spirit power, not blood. Shidou is essentially a clone of Shinji using Mio as a surrogate given the ability to absorb Mio’s spirit power. They are only connected spiritually and not by any blood.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:18   Link #18853
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Need to know basis
Final chapter of volume 20 has finished translating, and is now available on the Date A Live Discord channel, and the Date A Live LN translation group on FaceBook. So please send your thanks to Vizard as he is known on Discord for his work. For consistencies sake I will be crossposting the remainder of it here.
One important thing to note is Vizard thinks Yoshino confessed to Shidou for Tohka’s sake due to how she was acting like everything was okay and thus wanted to force her to confess her feelings, and after reading it for myself I’m inclined to agree.
Spoiler for Final chapter excerpt 5: knew it was coming but doesn’t hurt any less:
__________________
"The Fool Arcana does not mean that it can be taken lightly. The Fool is number zero.
It is the void from which all other things begin."
Seeker213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 14:41   Link #18854
Some random Otaku
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Final chapter of volume 20 has finished translating, and is now available on the Date A Live Discord channel, and the Date A Live LN translation group on FaceBook. So please send your thanks to Vizard as he is known on Discord for his work. For consistencies sake I will be crossposting the remainder of it here.
One important thing to note is Vizard thinks Yoshino confessed to Shidou for Tohka’s sake due to how she was acting like everything was okay and thus wanted to force her to confess her feelings, and after reading it for myself I’m inclined to agree.
Spoiler for Final chapter excerpt 5: knew it was coming but doesn’t hurt any less:
Where is this Facebook page?

Link please...
Some random Otaku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 14:56   Link #18855
Some random Otaku
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Final chapter of volume 20 has finished translating, and is now available on the Date A Live Discord channel, and the Date A Live LN translation group on FaceBook. So please send your thanks to Vizard as he is known on Discord for his work. For consistencies sake I will be crossposting the remainder of it here.
One important thing to note is Vizard thinks Yoshino confessed to Shidou for Tohka’s sake due to how she was acting like everything was okay and thus wanted to force her to confess her feelings, and after reading it for myself I’m inclined to agree.
Spoiler for Final chapter excerpt 5: knew it was coming but doesn’t hurt any less:
Well, I think that clears things up.

Looks like Yoshino's intention was never to confess to Shido.
Rather, she just wanted him and Tohka to stop hiding their true feeling from each other, and her confessing to Shido was the catalyst for this.
Some random Otaku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:01   Link #18856
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Need to know basis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some random Otaku View Post
Well, I think that clears things up.

Looks like Yoshino's intention was never to confess to Shido.
Rather, she just wanted him and Tohka to stop hiding their true feeling from each other, and her confessing to Shido was the catalyst for this.
Don’t think that’s it exactly, pretty sure it’s more like Yoshino saw through how Tohka was trying to put up a brave front and became upset about how she was trying to act like she was okay with disappearing. So Yoshino decided to go and confess to Shido in an attempt to incite Tohka to admit her actual feelings on what was happening, with the time she had left
__________________
"The Fool Arcana does not mean that it can be taken lightly. The Fool is number zero.
It is the void from which all other things begin."
Seeker213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen, time travel, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.