AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-11-28, 22:57   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Can the Taisha ever do anything properly? "You guys don't need to know anything. You are only fighting for your very lives." It's amazing that humanity hasn't been wiped out with this unbelievably annoying organization running the show.

I suppose things worked out for Karin there. Feels more like Mebuki was just venting her long standing frustrations at her and things sort of worked out by accident. On that note it probably is a good thing Karin was chosen in place of Mebuki. Someone like that would have blown up long before things actually went critical in season 1 . Not that she doesn't have her strengths. Can definitely gather people together extremely well. Which is essential since again...Taisha is garbage organization that actively makes everything worse.

I really would have loved a "is it the appropriate time yet" when everything started going nuts at the end of the episode .

Definitely get Karin's utter frustrations and agony in this one. Against something like this it is hard to do anything but feel down. Considering the nightmare this group has had to deal with I'd say moments of weakness are pretty understandable. At least the closest thing she does when it comes to acting out is picking a fight with the divine .

End of the episode definitely has a "here we go" feel to it. Although again this season is so fragmented that nothing flows very well. Just a series of individual scenes that alone are fine, but don't quite come together very well.
Old 2021-12-03, 21:46   Link #62
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well thing are getting worse all those masked idiot are worthless just keep turning to salt but at less Mebuki is there really helping out by waking up Aya form dooming everything everyone fighting for

Well there goes Mimori's transport
Old 2021-12-05, 05:19   Link #63
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ah yes, we're reminded that Mimori's craft can also self destruct like her owner.

And death to the Taisha, who will probably make the worst bread; they were never good for anyone.

I'm not really sure what we'll do in 2 episodes. I guess they really couldn't outdo Yuuna punching out god so we had this Sotsu retelling. Annoying girl is annoying, but at least some of the new characters were cool. It's nice to see Mebuki not be pissy.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-06, 17:23   Link #64
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 10:

Aya is afraid, but Mebu convince her that turning to sand is not the right thing to do. They did some good help to the heroes.

looking forward to next week!

The op theme cd I ordered from CDJapan arrived. It sounds so nice.

and surprised they included something with Yusyabu written on it. ^^

Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-06, 17:24   Link #65
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Is that the full soundtrack that you bought?
Old 2021-12-06, 17:28   Link #66
Liddo-kun
is this so?

no, it only contains the full OP theme. And I think the other song is the funny song when they were doing the band thing.

there is a separate cd for the soundtrack. Saw it at CDJapan.
if the final episode is good, and I have enough spare cash (money is so hard to earn these days, and I'm also saving for a new GPU). Will also buy the soundtrack.
Old 2021-12-06, 17:52   Link #67
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

That sounds great! The OP is an excellent song, so it sounds like you had a great purchase
Old 2021-12-09, 03:42   Link #68
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Yay, they came out with the full verison of this one.This one stood out the most this season. I think that fight scene would have been pretty mediocre with other music xD

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2021-12-10, 21:45   Link #69
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Mimori is saving Yuuna this time and then Yuuna saving everyone with one hell of a power up

Itsuki pulling out the stops to save Karin & Sonoko with such a nice catch
Old 2021-12-17, 21:48   Link #70
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well the aftermath without the divine tree everyone panicking the heros dont know what to do but at less Itsuki got a good head and stop them for doing something stupid But at less there was a nice 4 year time skip to see what happened to them

8/10 A very nice ending
Old 2021-12-18, 00:10   Link #71
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Most of it was expected, and having 1 episode to finish everything was going to be tough. Mebuki's crew never met with the heroes.

Well ok, one thing I didn't expect. Scientist Fu was awesome

I'm also glad Mimori knocks before she comes in now.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2021-12-20, 16:32   Link #72
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
They wrapped things up as well as they possibly could in a single episode. I would have been fine seeing the plan to crush Taisha play out considering all the harm those lunatics caused. But oh well. I guess the peaceful route is easier to speed through.

Even got a bit of a time skip to show them starting to explore. Although if it took them 4 years to start checking out Japan...goodness knows how many decades it will take before they explore the rest of the planet.

This season was weird. It had good moments. But it was pretty scattered in terms of execution. I think 7/10 is the best I can go with for this one.
Old 2021-12-24, 11:29   Link #73
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 11:

the moment when Yuuna said "heroes are persistent!" , almost brought a tear to my eye. Seen this fight in season 2, but the big difference is.. this time I understood what's actually happening.

those taisha at the meeting, it's a bit creepy.. the almost robotic way that they move at the same time.

Shinju is gone.. I guess the lolicon tree redeemed itself by helping them fight the gods one last time.

enjoyed this episode.
Old 2021-12-24, 11:49   Link #74
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

This series was actually quite useful as a tie-in to the events of Hero Chapter: I had a lot of questions when the Shinjuu died following the events back then, and Great Mankai Chapter was able to provide some of the answers I was looking for All in all, it's a solid addition to things.
Old 2021-12-24, 14:39   Link #75
Kazu-kun

Honestly this season was a total disaster. It was nice that they showed a bit of what happened after Yuuna destroyed the heavenly gods, but that's pretty much the only positive thing about it. The rest was crap. They took all the novels that deserved proper adaptations and crap on them instead. And they didn't even properly explain the real impact the events depicted in those novels had on the main story.

Like, I bet most people didn't even realize the blue bird that helped Yuuna save Tougo when the latter was gonna be sacrificed, and later on helped Tougo save Yuuna too, was actually Wakaba (the blue bird was Wakaba!), who had chosen to become a spirit in order to protect the new generations of heroes. Like what was the point of including material from the Wakaba novel if they couldn't be arsed to properly explain how Wakaba's decisions affected the main story in the first place?

They tried to cover so much material they ended up half-assing most of it.
Old 2021-12-28, 05:29   Link #76
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 12:

Sonoko wants to take down the taisha, that would be hard to do in a forceful way.. she has no more powers. Better to join them, and slowly change the organization from the inside.

the relic the taisha fished out of the sea. It glowed when touched. Looks like they still have some magic left, even if the divine tree is gone.

the politican that does not believe that the monsters exist, and also those "it's the end of the world" people. I guess these sorts of idiots would appear in this situation. Sadly, there's no more stardusts to eat them.. lol.

and lastly, nice to see Yuna and Togo working together. Togo looks more masculine when she has short hair. And everyone else is moving forward with their lives.

enjoyed this season and hoping for more.
will try to get a few more Hero Club items at CDJapan in January to support them.

8/10
Old 2021-12-28, 11:23   Link #77
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
This opinion is a disaster, stemming from a half-assed effort in watching the show. See here for counterarguments and answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
episode 12:

Sonoko wants to take down the taisha, that would be hard to do in a forceful way.. she has no more powers. Better to join them, and slowly change the organization from the inside.

the relic the taisha fished out of the sea. It glowed when touched. Looks like they still have some magic left, even if the divine tree is gone.

the politican that does not believe that the monsters exist, and also those "it's the end of the world" people. I guess these sorts of idiots would appear in this situation. Sadly, there's no more stardusts to eat them.. lol.

and lastly, nice to see Yuna and Togo working together. Togo looks more masculine when she has short hair. And everyone else is moving forward with their lives.

enjoyed this season and hoping for more.
will try to get a few more Hero Club items at CDJapan in January to support them.

8/10
This series felt pretty conclusive, so I'm going to go on a limb and guess that if they do more adaptations, it'll be of the other Heroes and their stories. I also hope you enjoy the CDs you pick up!

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2021-12-31 at 12:44.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-04, 17:33   Link #78
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Zenith

yeah, it does feel like there's a closure to this already.

maybe they would do a time skip with new heroes?

thanks, I just need to gather funds again. Maybe on first salary of January, will get something from CDJapan.
Old 2022-01-05, 11:01   Link #79
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
@Zenith

yeah, it does feel like there's a closure to this already.

maybe they would do a time skip with new heroes?

thanks, I just need to gather funds again. Maybe on first salary of January, will get something from CDJapan.
There's a boatload of existing heroes, so we might also see interquels of some sort