AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-10-16, 23:46   Link #81
Pen3

Hey its better than him breaking up with her to save the harassment like most mangas do.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 03:20   Link #82
liro
Super Driver

He looks much better with short hair. I hope he confess to her soon.

-edit-
Just realized there's 4 koma version of this manga with 140 chapters in japanese language.
http://dka-hero.com/top.html
Time to read it~
Old 2013-10-17, 03:59   Link #83
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by liro View Post
He looks much better with short hair. I hope he confess to her soon.
Confess what? They're already going out.
Old 2013-10-17, 04:48   Link #84
liro
Super Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Confess what? They're already going out.
Uh oh, I read too many manga that I'll forget half the story by the time the a new chapter is out.
Old 2013-10-17, 04:55   Link #85
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liro View Post
-edit-
Just realized there's 4 koma version of this manga with 140 chapters in japanese language.
http://dka-hero.com/top.html
Time to read it~
It's the other way around, buddy.
4koma came first (the story's finished, btw, IIRC), then someone made a manga adaptation.
Old 2013-10-18, 08:58   Link #86
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ... usually, the "I'm off" phrase are usually used by people living in that place, right? So if Hori's mother suggest Miyamura use it, does that means that she's hoping Miyamura would come live with them permanently?
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 09:06   Link #87
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Not that specific .. more like it's a phrase you say when you leave "home" or your "loved ones"

So, basically, I interpret it as: "This is your home too!"
Old 2013-10-22, 00:22   Link #88
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Talking

Miyamura can't live there! He has to take over the cake shop with Hori

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 08:38   Link #89
Kreceir

ARGH, Why do they keep adding characters like her?!

The ''Younger Kouhai'' girl that goes for the main girl.

I'll get mad with Frustration if the Cliché goes like this,
''Hori and Miyamura has a good time, Romance in the air, and then suddenly the new girl that Interrupts them, and Everything becomes a Tsukkomi and Boke''

I'll be Frustrated at the Character and at myself cause I know I will keep reading it just for Hori and Miyamura progression.
Old 2013-12-27, 13:42   Link #90
-khriz-

This manga is becoming so cliche.. the new chapter was awful.
-khriz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 15:27   Link #91
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Like some on other forums, I usually hate the clingy lesbian characters...they annoy me to no end. Then again any clingy character annoys me immensely (unless they are borderline psychos...and I mean yandere level psycho), though I specially dislike the clingy lesbians because:

1- They are extremely pushy, even after their crush has told and showed them that they are not interested...it's like they are hoping that being clingy will turn them gay as well;

2- They usually come in late in the rom/com scenario, meaning that they are only there for drama or comedy I don't particularly find funny;

3- They are usually dicks to the male main character;

4- They portray lesbians quite wrongly. I dunno how it is in Japan, but I've had gay friends all my life and not once have I seen one of them be this clingy toward someone clearly not interest;

5- They usually show up the same way, the bait and switch...they seem to have a thing for the male main character but end up with the big reveal of being in love with the female lead;

6- Their target of affection (usually the main female lead) are always so receptive, the lesbian keeps on being clingy but they don't seem to mind having a girl fawning over her, even if it makes the male main character jealous...but if it were a guy, oh boy the song would be completely different;

That said, I'm not dropping thing manga over something like a clingy lesbian showing up, especially not after one chapter...but if she becomes a regular then...I dunno...we'll see. It all also depends on how Hori deals with it as well and from the looks of it, she'd doing exactly what annoys me.

Having a chick hit on you, making your boyfriend jealous and constantly insulting and berating him is fine...but if it were a girl hitting on your boyfriend then that would be a total no go, right? This hypocrisy ticks me off every time.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 18:43   Link #92
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Having a chick hit on you, making your boyfriend jealous and constantly insulting and berating him is fine...but if it were a girl hitting on your boyfriend then that would be a total no go, right? This hypocrisy ticks me off every time.
Probably because it was a girl who was hitting on her and not a guy. I doubt Hori will let a guy to be that close to him like what the lesbian is doing.

Anyway, this chapter is a disappointment. Hopefully we won't regularly see that girl and do the same routine every time they see each other.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 20:04   Link #93
Pesti13nce

You guys forget... The "drama" in this series NEVER lasts.. Look at the guy that confessed to Hori after she started dating Mirya? How long did that last? Two chapters? and thats only cause of the pool scene. Cliche or not this series moves fast is VERY light on drama and the developments are great..

I mean look at the relationships with him and her family.. How many times do you see THAT in manga? I read a lot of manga and i can't think of many if any that have that kind of development with the MC's parents.. I think some people are WAY to critical of this series.

You know that "sexually confused" chick is only there for the lulz and i'm sure she will turn into one of the close friends and nothing more.
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 21:11   Link #94
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I know that...her type of character just annoys me, drama or not.
Old 2013-12-29, 08:29   Link #95
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

i dont think this will last long that girl is just for having funny moments
Old 2013-12-29, 11:12   Link #96
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
i dont think this will last long that girl is just for having funny moments

What funny moments? Did anyone find it funny? Really?

Instead of progressing the main couple's relationship, the mangaka is relying on a very humdrum, clichéd, and, as far as I'm concerned, very over-used "plot twist." It's as if I was reading another manga all over again.

If she does become a permanent, recurring thorn in the Horimya relationship, I, for one, will drop this manga like a hot potato.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 11:21   Link #97
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Given that the Hori and Miyamura's relationship is pretty much set in stone by now (with declarations by both of them no less), and how other attempts at introducing third parties in the relationship (look at Tooru), I don't think we have much to fear from it taking the "humdrum" and "clichéd plot twist" route. They'll probably find some way to make Sawa fit into the current group dynamic.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 11:34   Link #98
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Given that the Hori and Miyamura's relationship is pretty much set in stone by now (with declarations by both of them no less), and how other attempts at introducing third parties in the relationship (look at Tooru), I don't think we have much to fear from it taking the "humdrum" and "clichéd plot twist" route. They'll probably find some way to make Sawa fit into the current group dynamic.
The mere fact that a clingy tsundere girl infatuated with the main female character was introduced is "humdrum" and "clichéd," whether or not she becomes a permanent thorn, or if she is assimilated into the Horimiya fan club.

Is this what the future holds for this manga? Every month or so introduce a new "humdrum" and "clichéd" character that our main couple has to deal with? Boring.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 13:18   Link #99
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Wait...I'm agreeing with Fred?
Well that's a first...
Old 2013-12-29, 13:46   Link #100
Kreceir

I like this manga in the first place because of the relationship of Hori and Miyamura's relationship, and it made me curious on how they progressed as a couple, Specially after the haircut he clearly became bolder.

I agree with Randrak and Fred that the Character in question is just a pain in the progression of the relationship of Hori and Miyamura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
What funny moments? Did anyone find it funny? Really?

Instead of progressing the main couple's relationship, the mangaka is relying on a very humdrum, clichéd, and, as far as I'm concerned, very over-used "plot twist."

''Hori and Miyamura has a good time, Romance in the air, and then suddenly the new girl that Interrupts them, and Everything becomes a Tsukkomi and Boke''

This is what I Disliked the most of these kind of character, because the are the ones that keeps interrupting any progression.
The reason why I dislike the new Character already is because of Kuroko from the Aru Kagaku no Railgun series, but I won't go into that in this thread.

Also, When Miyamura had a haircut and girls would surround him and even take picture, Hori was jealous...
But then that new Character showed up, clearly stating she liked Hori and not accepting Miyamura, she decides to invite her to dinner, The hell is with that logic??
I might have to reread it, but if I'm wrong please do correct me.

Tags
romantic comedy