AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-08-09, 14:12   Link #2641
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The land of tempura
Do you think the Calvard arc will be set at the same time as Zero/AO/Sen as well?
__________________
Dextro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 17:30   Link #2642
Nighty40
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Do you think the Calvard arc will be set at the same time as Zero/AO/Sen as well?
No way its going to be during Zero/Ao and the first half of Sen, maybe during the second half but Id rather it be after personally
Nighty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 20:16   Link #2643
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 33
Schera's clothes look like they're about one sheep accident away from exploding open.

As for the Calvard arc, lots of stuff happened there alongside Crossbell and Erebonia regarding that racist organization. Lots of stuff you can explore on that part.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 22:48   Link #2644
LROlsson
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Do you think the Calvard arc will be set at the same time as Zero/AO/Sen as well?
No, nothing indicates something major happened/is happening there and most organizations are right now focused on the crisis in Erebonia.

Most likely is that it would take place after Sen 4.
Calvard will probably be in a bad state post sen 4(as said in yesterday's video, there is a high risk that Erebonia will destroy Calvard), which would likely make the terrorist situation worse.

There is also the non-plot thing that Falcom must start thinking about getting newcomers, thus making Calvard as stand-alone as possible.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 23:41   Link #2645
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Do you think the Calvard arc will be set at the same time as Zero/AO/Sen as well?
doubtful, the interview was indicated that after Sen 4 the story will enter a different time. And the currents issues in Erebonia is already far beyond what Calvard can interfere. At the end of Sen3, with Osborne at the helm, Cedric at his side, stance of Erebonia is confirmed. Like LROlsson said, it'd be actually weirder if Erebonia don't attack Calvard consider their long time animosity.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 04:54   Link #2646
rladls2121
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: California(Current).
I'm expecting Lloyd Bannings vs Lechter Arundal vs Cao Lee, their three way battle of wits.
Using whatever information they can use to outwit each other.
Who knows which one of them will loses the most?

I feel like Lechter might have nothing else much to lose, the girl who still loves him might be one of the exceptions though.
Lloyd, for him his comrades pretty much that is everything to him now, for KeA's sake losing even one of them is not an option.
Cao Lee, I think he has so much to lose than the other two in different ways.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 22:02   Link #2647
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
With Divide Knights and Panzer Soldats in Erebonia's possession, I wonder how will other countries will manage to keep up with Erebonia's military power.

I expect that Calvard , in cooperation with other countries, are secretly developing their own 'weapon' to counter those Erebonia' robots. Liberal has been recovering 'ancient' technologies from Liberal Ark. Maybe they already found something useful, developed something, and shared it to other countries. For example: Orbal Gun that can replicate [black orbal] energy and use it as anti-Panzer Soldat or even a blue print for their own version of Panzer Soldat.

If exist, it probably get revealed in CS4.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 02:44   Link #2648
Marx-93
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
The civil war already showed that Soldats were beatable by normal weapons. They were just another type of weapon, not an "I win" button. They give more tactical advantages, and the surprise of showing up in a freaking giant robot is hard to beat, but the Imperial army tanks beat them, and I'm sure Calvardian/Liberlian/whatever tanks can do the same if properly lead.

The Erebonian advantages are more numerous however. After Osborne's reforms and conquests they're just plain stronger, and with the serial production of a Pantagruel type they're probably better even in the air, where Calvard usually had the advantage. Lechter is basically playing circles around Calvard intelligence. The empire is also more stable (very strong morale), Osborne seems to have been planning this for years, and their motives are even justified given what happens in Sen III.

Calvard has the defensive advantage, but even then it likely won't be a matter of winning the war, but rather of resisting until Osborne and Cedric are out of the picture.

(On the Divine Knights, I doubt they will be a factor. The only one they could use openly without raising questions was Rean, all the other are supposedly dead or piloting a cursed machine)
Marx-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 17:25   Link #2649
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
No, nothing indicates something major happened/is happening there and most organizations are right now focused on the crisis in Erebonia.

Most likely is that it would take place after Sen 4.
Calvard will probably be in a bad state post sen 4(as said in yesterday's video, there is a high risk that Erebonia will destroy Calvard), which would likely make the terrorist situation worse.

There is also the non-plot thing that Falcom must start thinking about getting newcomers, thus making Calvard as stand-alone as possible.
But then wouldn't it be weird that the Liberl arc and the Crossbell arc have already told us so many things about Calvard that's happened during this time. Especially Ao ... like hey I don't mind Sheng being a bit grown up when we go to Calvard, but I feel like it'd be weird to not focus or at least put some significance on those Calvard events we've found out about from other games. Even Sen has had a fair amount of Calvard stuff.
__________________
Favorite Series: 0. To aru Series & Legend of heroes: trails sub-series. 1. Ze Tian Ji 2. Reincarnator
3. The King's Avatar/ Mushoku Tensei/ Legendary Moonlight Sculptor 4. Martial World/ Great Teacher Onizuka 5. KnB/KLK/Detective Conan/ Clannad AF/Bakuman

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 18:42   Link #2650
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
We just need to be patient, Calvard has been played up too much for us not to visit them at some point. I imagine the region has to have at least one Septterion in in so it's got to be inevitable we're going there next.
__________________
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 23:23   Link #2651
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
We just need to be patient, Calvard has been played up too much for us not to visit them at some point. I imagine the region has to have at least one Septterion in in so it's got to be inevitable we're going there next.
out of all 7, even with Erebonia arc, we only see 4 of them, and 1 is still in a destroyed state, so i'd say Calvard definitely have at the very least 1/
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 01:32   Link #2652
LROlsson
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
But then wouldn't it be weird that the Liberl arc and the Crossbell arc have already told us so many things about Calvard that's happened during this time. Especially Ao ... like hey I don't mind Sheng being a bit grown up when we go to Calvard, but I feel like it'd be weird to not focus or at least put some significance on those Calvard events we've found out about from other games. Even Sen has had a fair amount of Calvard stuff.
Calvard has problems, no doubt about that, but nothing major that needs to be covered during the year 1204-1206.
They have some terrorist problem, but nothing that seems to out of control. Ouroboros is too focused on Phantasmal Blaze too cause anything Calvard. And the biggest thing Calvard was focused on was finding out when X Day will be.

But that will probably be different post Sen IV. Calvard will probably not be in the best of shape politically after a war with Erebonia, which could give the terrorists a better footing. The crisis in the east could accelerate making even a bigger flowing of immigrants which could give the terrorist even more support from the public.
And Ouroboros would be free to do whatever they want there.

So when it's time for Calvard it will likely be post sen IV, whatever happened before could easily be covered in flashbacks.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 18:38   Link #2653
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
Calvard has problems, no doubt about that, but nothing major that needs to be covered during the year 1204-1206.
They have some terrorist problem, but nothing that seems to out of control. Ouroboros is too focused on Phantasmal Blaze too cause anything Calvard. And the biggest thing Calvard was focused on was finding out when X Day will be.

But that will probably be different post Sen IV. Calvard will probably not be in the best of shape politically after a war with Erebonia, which could give the terrorists a better footing. The crisis in the east could accelerate making even a bigger flowing of immigrants which could give the terrorist even more support from the public.
And Ouroboros would be free to do whatever they want there.

So when it's time for Calvard it will likely be post sen IV, whatever happened before could easily be covered in flashbacks.
When I was looking at some of the Kondo Interviews, it seemed like we might not even get Yun Ka-fai in Calvard since he's further East, but I hope he appears for that ... What you're saying about flashbacks is totally fair.

I thought we got info in Third that Ouroboros was doing stuff in Calvard though I don't remember. At the very least, I remember that the ancient technology beneath Liberl Castle in FC was found in Calvard beforehand which may have had to do with Ourboros? I'm pretty sure Ao mentioned that Ouroboros was active all over the continent during the fragment chapter which probably included Calvard. I just find it to believe that a place as big as Calvard didn't have Ouroboros laying the groundwork in motion simultaneously while they were focusing on the phantasmal blaze plan. They always seem to be working on a bajillion plans at the same time. Was Calvard really just that low of a priority/that weak of a threat to them? That's hard to believe.

One focus I'd really like to see in the Calvard Arc is what Grace and Rixia foreshadowed in Ao when she mentioned that the Calvard Republic was built on assassinations and shows of force which forcefully led to that democratic process. It'd be interesting if the people living there had to uncover the past and find out the truth of how the Republic was formed and have to face the dark truths behind the founding of Calvard.
__________________
Favorite Series: 0. To aru Series & Legend of heroes: trails sub-series. 1. Ze Tian Ji 2. Reincarnator
3. The King's Avatar/ Mushoku Tensei/ Legendary Moonlight Sculptor 4. Martial World/ Great Teacher Onizuka 5. KnB/KLK/Detective Conan/ Clannad AF/Bakuman

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 23:55   Link #2654
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
When I was looking at some of the Kondo Interviews, it seemed like we might not even get Yun Ka-fai in Calvard since he's further East, but I hope he appears for that ... What you're saying about flashbacks is totally fair.

I thought we got info in Third that Ouroboros was doing stuff in Calvard though I don't remember. At the very least, I remember that the ancient technology beneath Liberl Castle in FC was found in Calvard beforehand which may have had to do with Ourboros? I'm pretty sure Ao mentioned that Ouroboros was active all over the continent during the fragment chapter which probably included Calvard. I just find it to believe that a place as big as Calvard didn't have Ouroboros laying the groundwork in motion simultaneously while they were focusing on the phantasmal blaze plan. They always seem to be working on a bajillion plans at the same time. Was Calvard really just that low of a priority/that weak of a threat to them? That's hard to believe.

One focus I'd really like to see in the Calvard Arc is what Grace and Rixia foreshadowed in Ao when she mentioned that the Calvard Republic was built on assassinations and shows of force which forcefully led to that democratic process. It'd be interesting if the people living there had to uncover the past and find out the truth of how the Republic was formed and have to face the dark truths behind the founding of Calvard.
I'm pretty sure that Ouroboros do have point with Calvard, but it's more of a ground work at the time of Sen 3,4, the reason is that, during Sen2, Ao zero time, Ouroboros is focus on Crossbell with the Azure tree, Sen 3,4 is focused on Erebonia consider 2 Sept is involved, It's simply too important and they would likely let Calvard have some small groundwork in order to focus on Erebonia, especially that Erebonia have people who is dangerous enough to outplay and go against them.

Remember, pretty much all the highest battle personnel of Ouroboros are in Erebonia already, McBurn, Arianhood, Campanella, ... they simply don't have more resource to cause trouble in Calvard
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 03:39   Link #2655
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
I'm pretty sure that Ouroboros do have point with Calvard, but it's more of a ground work at the time of Sen 3,4, the reason is that, during Sen2, Ao zero time, Ouroboros is focus on Crossbell with the Azure tree, Sen 3,4 is focused on Erebonia consider 2 Sept is involved, It's simply too important and they would likely let Calvard have some small groundwork in order to focus on Erebonia, especially that Erebonia have people who is dangerous enough to outplay and go against them.

Remember, pretty much all the highest battle personnel of Ouroboros are in Erebonia already, McBurn, Arianhood, Campanella, ... they simply don't have more resource to cause trouble in Calvard
Well, isn't the scariest part of Ouroboros not the battle personnel, but rather the shrewd ones behind the scenes? They could easily have another Vita or just enforcers in Calvard instead of Anguis. Clearly they have more enforcers that we haven't seen...
__________________
Favorite Series: 0. To aru Series & Legend of heroes: trails sub-series. 1. Ze Tian Ji 2. Reincarnator
3. The King's Avatar/ Mushoku Tensei/ Legendary Moonlight Sculptor 4. Martial World/ Great Teacher Onizuka 5. KnB/KLK/Detective Conan/ Clannad AF/Bakuman

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 11:04   Link #2656
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Well, isn't the scariest part of Ouroboros not the battle personnel, but rather the shrewd ones behind the scenes? They could easily have another Vita or just enforcers in Calvard instead of Anguis. Clearly they have more enforcers that we haven't seen...
yeah they definitely have more that what we see, but it is questionable that the plan is able to go without a hitch and not require powerful combat personnel to combat uncertainty. The plan is 1 thing, but they need people to drive and ensue the plan success, those who is capable of ensuing that is all in incident with erebonia right now, and even then, they are still facing serious odds, Osborne, the divine knights, Crossbell team, the Bright, ... And there is the massive new noble force with Aurelia at the helm and Vita seem to have jump ship. I'd say ouroboros is actually pretty strained with their resources as it is
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 19:40   Link #2657
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
Calvard has problems, no doubt about that, but nothing major that needs to be covered during the year 1204-1206.
They have some terrorist problem, but nothing that seems to out of control. Ouroboros is too focused on Phantasmal Blaze too cause anything Calvard. And the biggest thing Calvard was focused on was finding out when X Day will be.

But that will probably be different post Sen IV. Calvard will probably not be in the best of shape politically after a war with Erebonia, which could give the terrorists a better footing. The crisis in the east could accelerate making even a bigger flowing of immigrants which could give the terrorist even more support from the public.
And Ouroboros would be free to do whatever they want there.

So when it's time for Calvard it will likely be post sen IV, whatever happened before could easily be covered in flashbacks.
Yep. It's a good idea to point out now, that with the Gospel Plan Ouroborous' previous operation pnly just happened 2 years ago and turned Liberl into a mess for quite sometime too. The Phantasmal Blaze Plan is that but on a higher scale to becasue it involves simultaneous activities in two counties one of which is the most powerful in Western Zemuria. Succeeding at the 2nd stage of their overall goals should net them 2-3 Sept-Terions. Anything they have planned for Calvard will come later.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-08-15 at 21:34.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 22:27   Link #2658
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Yep. It's a good idea to point out now, that with the Gospel Plan Ouroborous' previous operation pnly just happened 2 years ago and turned Liberl into a mess for quite sometime too. The Phantasmal Blaze Plan is that but on a higher scale to becasue it involves simultaneous activities in two counties one of which is the most powerful in Western Zemuria. Succeeding at the 2nd stage of their overall goals should net them 2-3 Sept-Terions. Anything they have planned for Calvard will come later.
I find it hard to believe that the seeds for Calvard haven't been properly set in stone though. Look at the secret behind their hand in the Liberl arc. Even the hundred day war was them and they set that up years ago. That's why I think they're probably continuously still setting things up for Calvard, otherwise it won't be as interesting when we get to that arc since Falcom seems to LOVE the elaborate conspiracy thing.
__________________
Favorite Series: 0. To aru Series & Legend of heroes: trails sub-series. 1. Ze Tian Ji 2. Reincarnator
3. The King's Avatar/ Mushoku Tensei/ Legendary Moonlight Sculptor 4. Martial World/ Great Teacher Onizuka 5. KnB/KLK/Detective Conan/ Clannad AF/Bakuman

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-16, 01:05   Link #2659
LROlsson
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 29
Scherazard, Klaudia and Cassius have been added to the official website.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-16, 01:45   Link #2660
Nighty40
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
Scherazard, Klaudia and Cassius have been added to the official website.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Schera and Sara drinking together, yeah we expected that
Nighty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
falcom, nice story, pc/steam, ps4, rpg elements, story rpg, trails series, xseed, zemuria

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.