AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 48 63.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 6.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-21, 07:03   Link #41
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This episode reminded me of Gurren Lagann with all the cast fighting together in pure badassery. However, I would find it weird if somebody dies in the finale considering not a single cast member died in the previous 23 episodes.
Old 2014-03-21, 08:17   Link #42
kazuki_yuki92
Lelouch and C.C fans

Send a message via Yahoo to kazuki_yuki92
its really a very amazing episode..

let hope no one will died on episode 24~
Old 2014-03-21, 08:25   Link #43
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I thought this episode wasn't as good as last episode even though I liked it. The ship didn't need to have another final secret weapon after they already used their last one...

It felt a little cheesy at some points, but was overall very good. I think it's being somewhat rushed here even though I still like it a lot.

The best part of this episode for me was the "fake credits;" that was actually wonderful, and it's the only reason I'm giving this episode a 10/10.

Otherwise, I think the teamwork between Ryuko and Satsuki with that one hand signal also happened a little too quickly, and I'm still not sure how Mako's supposed to fit into things.

Maybe my expectations were just a little too high, but this was still a good episode. I just think it spent too much time on awesomeness instead of resolving a lot of interesting plot threads it probably could have used this episode and next episode to do.

Maybe next episode will somehow change my mind, but I'll be skeptical until I see it. Regardless, I loved the episode, I just didn't think it was better than the previous one...
Old 2014-03-21, 08:57   Link #44
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I love how the 9999 meter is still 0000 when it points to Mako's head. But wow, I didn't think they'd actually confirm that she really was that ridiculously strong all along.

Satsuki taunting Ragyo about her monologues really reminded me of Syndrome's scene from the Incredibles.

I'm really not sure what else to say. This was a fantastic action packed episode, with no moments wasted. There's so many little bits that work so well to make the whole episode great that I wouldn't know where to start.
Old 2014-03-21, 09:43   Link #45
Gravitas Free Zone

Space Invaders?

Hot-blooded-superhero-comic-styled BUDGET MAXIMIZATION!

Images
Big like Gamagoori.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Some of the action during the Elite Four's hero sequence was pared down to throwback levels (frame repeats for the extraction of COVERS victims), but they made up for it with that still frame pan, which is... dramatic. Also, Gamagoori being about five stories tall.
Old 2014-03-21, 09:47   Link #46
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

plenty of actions in this episode, if only they put "Libera me from hell" as BGM this episode is gonna be perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
It's not like she's much more dressed now anyway .
this is one of the rare case where less is actually better
Old 2014-03-21, 10:23   Link #47
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I was thoroughly enjoying the episode until the climatic fight comes to a strange and convenient screeching halt so all of the protagonists can have a nice cup of tea together...

The scene itself I don't have a problem with. A scene very close to this after the climatic fight would have been very nice and fitting. But as a sort of artificial intermission during the final fight with Ragyo, it felt strange and a bit out of place.

Thankfully, dniv is right about the fake credits - That was truly surprising and wonderful, and it managed to save the episode from ending on an amazingly anti-climatic note given that tea-drinking intermission.

Other specific things I really liked:

1. The initial Ryuko/Satsuki vs. Ragyo fight in the sky was fabulous. Loved it! Lots of good tension and even some real surprise here (such as Ryuko being the tactician in the team-up).

2. Mako powering the ship's turbines all on her own was hilarious!

3. The Elite Four's new outfits. They looked very cool.

4. Ragyo's new outfit similarly looked extremely cool for a final boss' final form.

If Trigger was to go big-time into a figurine-making enterprise, they could make a mint out of all these outfit variations for the main cast. It could actually make Mattel's He-Man days look mild by comparison!
Old 2014-03-21, 10:35   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now that's what I call epic action. I don't think I've seen anything quite like this since Gurren Lagann. What Trigger has managed to do with such a limited budget is mind-blowing.

Every single character shined this week but Mako was the MVP of the episode. I loved all of her scenes, from the 999 suction devices attack (HOLY SHIT) to powering up the ship all by herself. She's such an awesome character.
Old 2014-03-21, 10:36   Link #49
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

My body isn't ready for this series to end ;-;
Old 2014-03-21, 11:58   Link #50
Jerseykid

I feel bad that satsuki's nose is not as pretty as Ryuuko's
Old 2014-03-21, 12:55   Link #51
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Whoa! MAN!!! Talking about throwing down. Can't wait to hear Champloo's live reaction. Damn, I was like WTF when that stuff happened. But Satsuki and Ryuko have been trolling Ragyo quite a bit. But now she is truly becoming a force to be reckoned with. Seems she has stuff up her sleeve as well. Thing is when they pull her trump her card she gets pissed off. If Senketsu is freaking out things could get serious.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2014-03-21, 14:07   Link #52
ookamigirl

Mako's assessment and all those zeroes ROFL
She is worth so much more than a bunch of numbers.
Sword scissors, now that's the ultimate weapon.
Matoi & Satsuki on the same side is still priceless.
Their mommy is still more than quite a challenge though.
Satsuki's ex-minions finally fully joined the fight.
Nui seems to be very evasive when it comes to dying..
Just one more episode left!
Can't wait to see how it'll play out.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2014-03-21, 15:08   Link #53
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

It seems like I'm the only person on the internet who's disappointed with how this show has gone.
Old 2014-03-21, 15:18   Link #54
ChampDream
Alive

awesome episode.
Mako was really awesome, Ryuko, Satsuki and the four Devas were too, you can say that everyone was awesome this episode.
Old 2014-03-21, 15:19   Link #55
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post
It seems like I'm the only person on the internet who's disappointed with how this show has gone.
So it would seem. What were you disappointed in, though? The show has done more or less exactly what it promised.
Old 2014-03-21, 16:27   Link #56
Breimoon

personally i would have liked
1) more animation budget
2) more focus on the side characters
3)for them to fix a few plot holes
Old 2014-03-21, 17:29   Link #57
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
personally i would have liked
1) more animation budget
2) more focus on the side characters
3)for them to fix a few plot holes
1) is hardly Trigger's fault, I think they have done wonderfully for being at their first show. Give 'em time, for the next series they'll have more money and we'll get some sakuga. For 2), I honestly felt that for an action/shonen series this had a good focus on side characters - Mako and the Elite Four mostly. It wasn't just the Ryuuko show, is what I mean. About 3), yeah, they could have planned this better. An occasionally sloppy writing is probably the biggest flaw that keeps Kill la Kill from outright perfection.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-03-21, 17:48   Link #58
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Serious TTGL vibes from this episode. 10 la 10.
Old 2014-03-21, 18:01   Link #59
Rogue66

Another great episode just shame the next is the last just hope it a epic episode to Finnish the series.
Old 2014-03-21, 18:14   Link #60
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
So the question is what's up next? Speculations? Listening to a crazy guy doing his review and he brings up an interesting point. What will be the significance behind the 7-star scars on Ragyou's back. This is the second time we've seen it. Funny thing is going back when we looked at the power level of the uniforms. 1-3 star. But there was never anything higher. We had Satsuki's abilities, Ryuko's inhuman abilities and Mako's abilities (that are so stupidly insane that you can't even explain it. Like loony toon physics). But Ragyo's abilites is something now considered off the chart. Then of course there's the whole 7 deal being a power number. I guess Ragyo would be a grand-master, like those white wigged kung fu masters that can only be killed when some higher level of consciousness from their opponent can be achieved.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Closed Thread