AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-06-06, 20:48   Link #21
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So no further attemps by Bamco to fix their screw-up by making a remake of Zestiria, eh? Honestly, that's probably for the best, even though I'd welcome a retooled Zestiria with Alisha properly incorporated in the game.

So not only did this new Velvet character remind me of Milla when I saw her.......she has the same voice actress too?! Feels like Bamco may be leeching off of Milla's popularity a bit.......

Well, even if they're scummy enough, I doubt Bamco dumb enough to redo the Alisha debacle with Velvet here, so I look forward to this heroine and the pirate theme.

But..........that name. *shudder*
__________________
Shinji103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 20:55   Link #22
Kirayuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Milla was by Sawashiro Miyuki
Velvet is by Satou Rina (Railgun Misaka among the famous one)
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 21:14   Link #23
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Oh.

I blame Frontier. He talked about VAs and mentioned Xillia, and I thought Milla.
__________________
Shinji103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 21:15   Link #24
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Oh.

I blame Frontier. He mentioned Xillia and I thought Milla.
In my defense, I mentioned Rina Sato was the Main Heroine (Velvet) and was also in Xillia as Presa .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 21:45   Link #25
Harbinger
Squirrel Master
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
The name is weird, but I can live with it.

Tales of Zesty is not even out in NA and they announced a new Tales of games already! I'm a fan of this series so I'm happy about it
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 22:12   Link #26
Iron Maw
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Belts, some armor, ripped tights, a cape, and a long bra I think...but mostly just belts .

Edit: Scratch that, not a cape or a long bra, but more a longcoat attached to her breasts and waist .
...I'm not sure if that's worse than I my description or not.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 22:28   Link #27
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
She's a pirate. She wants to feel the salt on the wind while at sea, the brisk breeze in the sunlight, and all that other nautical nonsense.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 22:31   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So no further attemps by Bamco to fix their screw-up by making a remake of Zestiria, eh? Honestly, that's probably for the best, even though I'd welcome a retooled Zestiria with Alisha properly incorporated in the game.

So not only did this new Velvet character remind me of Milla when I saw her.......she has the same voice actress too?! Feels like Bamco may be leeching off of Milla's popularity a bit.......

Well, even if they're scummy enough, I doubt Bamco dumb enough to redo the Alisha debacle with Velvet here, so I look forward to this heroine and the pirate theme.

But..........that name. *shudder*
It probably is for the best to just move on and focus their efforts on this game. It'd be tough to really clean up the mess they made and it'd stick with them regardless. Better to learn from that (hopefully) and create a game everyone can come together and enjoy.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 22:40   Link #29
Frailty
God General
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Inb4 Velvet is actually a princess. Like Faris from FFV, who was also a pirate at the start of the game
__________________

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 22:57   Link #30
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Doubt it. But it's probably quite likely that she'll meet a Prince, and he'll become a party member. Xillia (but not Xillia 2) is the only main system one in recent memory that hasn't had a member of royalty in the party at some point (unless you consider Milla to be royalty).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 23:11   Link #31
Iron Maw
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
She's a pirate. She wants to feel the salt on the wind while at sea, the brisk breeze in the sunlight, and all that other nautical nonsense.
...but she'll catch diseases that way.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 23:13   Link #32
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
Not if she has a healer nearby! And if she's a savvy swashbuckler, she will.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 23:29   Link #33
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
She can always use it as a means to throw any man she's with off-balance .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 23:36   Link #34
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
...but she'll catch diseases that way.
She is probably prepared for that. It would be my first time hearing of a pirate that got defeated by a cold though.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 00:49   Link #35
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 27
Finally, the first Tales game since Symphonia I can actually give a damn about.
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 01:04   Link #36
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Iwakawa base and Chaldea
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
...but she'll catch diseases that way.
You are talking about a fiction genre where girls can be clad in bikini as armor and still have the highest defense in the party. =P
__________________
<a rel=nofollow href=http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=959 target=_blank>Kancolle Social Group</a>
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 01:23   Link #37
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not if she has a healer nearby! And if she's a savvy swashbuckler, she will.
I detect a Log Horizon reference.
__________________
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 13:26   Link #38
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Haa-----------------haa!
I'm so terribly amused. Anyways, look forward to the sales after the whole Zesteria fiasco they never actually solved. And they made it a PS3/PS4 port too, not just PS4.

I hear Baba is still around. Why? Seriously? Is BandaiNamco that dense or does he have some hold on the company?
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 13:44   Link #39
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Haa-----------------haa!
I'm so terribly amused. Anyways, look forward to the sales after the whole Zesteria fiasco they never actually solved. And they made it a PS3/PS4 port too, not just PS4.

I hear Baba is still around. Why? Seriously? Is BandaiNamco that dense or does he have some hold on the company?
Are you serious? Zestiria is a tainted label at this point. No amount of DLC or rereleases will make fans happy, even if Alisha was a permanent party member.

Releasing an entirely new game is the best thing they could do at this point. They've already made the first step by making the waifu people care about the protagonist. They could also improve Zestiria's horrible frame rate and camera by starting on a new game with a different engine than if they tried to keep on tweaking a game people refuse to like.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 13:49   Link #40
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Are you serious? Zestiria is a tainted label at this point. No amount of DLC or rereleases will make fans happy, even if Alisha was a permanent party member.

Releasing an entirely new game is the best thing they could do at this point. They've already made the first step by making the waifu people care about the protagonist. They could also improve Zestiria's horrible frame rate and camera by starting on a new game with a different engine than if they tried to keep on tweaking a game people refuse to like.
I think BandaiNamco or Baba can at least release an apology. You know, show they give a millimeter of care for the consumers? What do they do? Baba runs away and they leave the cleaning to the voice actors.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pc/steam, ps3, ps4, rpg

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.