AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 37 31.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 25.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 23.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 10.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.72%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-19, 02:50   Link #141
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy100 View Post
Since nobody is answering my question, I'll ask again. For Kei Subs, the time is 10 min 44 sec. If you take a look at the picture on the cover of the magazine Sheryl is holding, is it just me or is that Brera Sterne on the cover?
Yes indeed. He is on the cover

Then again, they'd put anyone on the cover for kicks

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-19, 02:58   Link #142
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yes indeed. He is on the cover

Then again, they'd put anyone on the cover for kicks

- Tak
Next in Galaxy Sport the Alto-Sheryl-Ranka love triangle.

If these AI conspirators are older than the human-Zentradi alliance I'm thinking it is perhaps Sharon Apple that attracted them to us in the first place.

The same year that the Vajra was discovered was the same time Sharon Apple did her 30th Anniversary "Concert".

Also it seems to me that the Birdman despite being biological is an AI too.

With individuals like Sara Nome, Lynn Minmay, and Nekki Basara, humanity could be the key to what they are working for.

Something the Protoculture Stellar Republic could not accomplish.
Old 2008-07-19, 03:36   Link #143
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

If that's true then, the question becomes who are they really? How old are they?

Another question (though it might be old and annoying): Does anybody have a link to the translated lyrics of "What about my star"? Since my Japanese is horrendous I couldn't quite understand what they were saying. From the little that I understood, it seems that they are confessing to Alto through their song. If that's the case, I can understand Alto's bewildered look when they were singing to him. After all, two girls said "I love you" to him at the exact same time.
Old 2008-07-19, 03:56   Link #144
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

----- ive rewatched again.

and now from my second look.

the whole recap episode does'nt really feel like recap. Iv'e just loved how they incorporated Sheryls concert in the background, i did'nt actually get bored. some new scenes here and there, nice to see the Koenig again, Rankas NyanNyan shadow dance... Sheryl's WTF! face when she thought Alto visited her alone, only to be dissapointed but still happy that Ranka is still alive,but still dissapointed Alto came with her rival.

!!!!Sheryl's earrings starts to flash before unleashing a every super Move!!!(kinda like StreetFighter) ... Alas Akuma Ranka's unflinching counter attack is not to be underestimated as well... Sadly Sheryl's HP dropped due to illnes, damn!!!!
I hate it when she started coughing and the Duet suddenly ended just when i was going WeEeE Alto youre so lucky at the same time in dpsh!t!!!! Totally killed my joy .

and Grace is really getting very creepy having all those multiple personalities inside of her. Im surprised her Machine brain does'nt break... I like the Dancing Ranka Hologram.

The ending Song DC sounds like they added some military drum rolls in the end... Maybe because of the inevitable war ahead??? anyways the Ranka rendition is Not so bad and not so good. Kinda like Revivals as someone pointed out earlier. Im just thinking that Ranka might get sue'd for Song Copyright.

well the drop in animation is definitely there, i don't mind anyway, since the flashbacks used have good animation in them... it's like an effective Recycling, the scenes were shown in multiple small window like thingies... BGM rolls and i never got tired of Sheryl's concert routines. on the Plus side Ranka's concert scene is covered. very nice for a recap episode.
Old 2008-07-19, 04:00   Link #145
.Mero

Finally watched the ep.

Nice more background on Grace, whoever the AI are that inhabiting her, they sure are creepy :P
Good thing they didnt make it a full recap, but more a 50/50
Can't wait to see what the next couple of eps will bring.
Old 2008-07-19, 04:15   Link #146
TrueKnight

This ep was more like Grace & Co pulling all the strings from behind a gigantic stage. I was confused at first but finally gets the grip of it. Seems like the LAI and the SMS led by Pillard notice the whole Proto culture thing.

But oh God the highlight of this ep, Alto, you are one lucky bastard, having Sheryl and Ranka fighting over you from a cool song.
Old 2008-07-19, 04:21   Link #147
hai_san

I just watch the sub from KEI, even when half of the ep was recap with only the duet i can easily give it a "10". Pure epic Sheryl&Ranka song attack on Alto, Alto now knows how Vajira/Zentradi/Protodeviln feels when they get attack with songs powers

Using "Welcome to my Fanclub's Night" in recap part was great, and no comment on Ranka Diamion Crevasse version... (my opionion is like the majority)

The "bad guys/AIs" are from definitively Galaxy-Fleet or it is their current basis. About Grace origin on gallia 4 i think perhaps they mean the 117th fleet/Macross ship and not really the planet itself? The 117th Fleet still hold some secrets.

It will be interesting if next ep reveals how much Mr Birla knows about the Vajira and Grace's Factions.

Sheryl is a "project" of Grace's organisation, she not just some normal human they "pick up" from some idol competition, but "breed" to be the Galaxy Fairy, since Sheryl said her earings are from her mother.

Grace discard Sheryl, and is now focusing on Ranka. Can't wait to see how Sheryl the Galatic Fairy will retaliate, i hope Sheryl discover Grace evil side soon and how she is drugged.

Cathy&Ozma are now wary of Leon too, so i hope the good guys will make some counterstrikes.
Old 2008-07-19, 04:32   Link #148
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
This ep was more like Grace & Co pulling all the strings from behind a gigantic stage. I was confused at first but finally gets the grip of it. Seems like the LAI and the SMS led by Pillard notice the whole Proto culture thing.

But oh God the highlight of this ep, Alto, you are one lucky bastard, having Sheryl and Ranka fighting over you from a cool song.
As Basara would says you sing to reach their hearts.

If Dr. Chiba is still around he would go WTF on song energy reading coming from that part of the galaxy.

I wonder though if Sheryl visited Macross 7 in her tour.

Guess somebody who is too free spirited as Nekki Basara can't be manipulated.

Worse he has a record of cross species understanding. He'll make friends of the Vajra before even the reaction weapons are fired.
Old 2008-07-19, 04:40   Link #149
Sleepy100

During the re-cap, a question came up. How is Leon keeping tabs on Ranka without being noticed? If they had used military trained personal, I would assume that Mikhail would have noticed them right away. Plus there is also Ozma and he would most likely noticed how they were being watched. Then there is the code name "Dairy Life". Any thoughts on this? Mine is that they were using an everyday thing people see but don't register in their minds as spy camera. I'm assuming the Vending Machine is Leon's spy. It's an object people see everyday. Plus it's hiding in plain sight. I don't think even Ozma or Mikhail would guess that.
Old 2008-07-19, 04:43   Link #150
Jehuty

Y'know, my favorite part in the entire episode is when Ranka and Sheryl do their little duet for that song. I hope they record it and release it on a single or something so I can buy it D:
Old 2008-07-19, 04:46   Link #151
mike_s_6

^ It's the What 'bout my Star @ Formo in OST 1.
Old 2008-07-19, 04:56   Link #152
Sleepy100

It's sound similar but I believe it's different. There was a part where Ranka and Sheryl sang different lines to what was on the OST. Maybe they messed up?

P.S. I've listened to the OST again and the version in 15. It's either different or they screwed up and ended up singing each other's line. Meh, I still like it though. Both versions.

Last edited by Sleepy100; 2008-07-19 at 05:06.
Old 2008-07-19, 05:48   Link #153
Wesley84

Glorified recap. Hated pretty much everything except the end where Pillard was playing with his 1/2 scale town. Feels like I'm watching Gundam OO all over again...
Old 2008-07-19, 06:05   Link #154
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
It's sound similar but I believe it's different. There was a part where Ranka and Sheryl sang different lines to what was on the OST. Maybe they messed up?

P.S. I've listened to the OST again and the version in 15. It's either different or they screwed up and ended up singing each other's line. Meh, I still like it though. Both versions.
No, this is a different version if you read the liner notes in the CD. The OST version is supposedly recorded from Ranka's singing at the Zent mall in the "Star Date" episode, then Sheryl took it and did some touch-ups in the studio because it was her song and she wanted perfection.

So expect the episode 15 version to show up on OST 2 (hopefully )
Old 2008-07-19, 07:26   Link #155
mike_s_6

Quote:

They were singing the proper lines.

In the Formo version, Sheryl joins Ranka in singing at these lines (same as in episode 15):

Let me know what you want, I would give you!
How fantastic to be with you. My love!

Then Sheryl's main part (same as in episode 15):

Darlin' chikadzuite fujuu?
NO YOU, NO LIFE nantsutte mou zettai!
need your heart & need your love
OH YES!! SWEET de KISS!

Then comes Ranka (same as in episode 15):

nokkacchatteru koi demo GO!
mou ikkai nante nai kara Exciting
Wonderful! Charming you!
GET shitai kara rarara
We'll sing around the world

The only part that changes partly is this:

3. Hey, I count down.
2. Are you ready?
1. mou matenai yo

In the Formo recording, 3 to 1 are a Ranka in the main vocals, Sheryl in the background, while in episode 15, they alternate in 3 and 2 and join at 1.

At this line, it's the same onwards:

0. ai, narashite!

Seriously, my point is, I don't want another version of this song for just that minute difference! Make space for other music! Besides, in the context of the CD jacket-animation consistency, if the Sheryl vs. Ranka is almost the same as the Formo one which Sheryl altered, then why make a new recording of it? (to milk the fans of course!) No to this making it on any main OST (fine if it's in some sort of Deculture Only release, but for a main OST, no no no)!
Old 2008-07-19, 08:03   Link #156
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

For a recap ep we do get a lot of new information!

Loved the duet attack everyone else. Pretty epic, reminded me of Basara and Emilia's song battle from M7 except this duet was with the same song! Really cute! I have to give Sheryl more props though, it is a song she wrote.

I'm really glad Ozma is suspicious. He and Cathy seem like the only ones that know there's some more sinister at work here. Oh if he didn't like Leon before, he's gonna totally hate on the sleaze ball for assigning Brera as the bodyguard. I mean this is a person who's gone out of their way to obstruct SMS operations and almost killed their pilots on several occasions.

The one thing I didn't like bout the recap ep was the transition from recap to new footage was jarring. I spent a good 30 seconds thinking it was scene from the past that we didn't get to see.
--edit in--
ok I have to agree the duet should have been longer! I was really getting into and the cut off was sooooo disappointing. Man i bet those people in the hospital were sad

Last edited by squaresphere; 2008-07-19 at 08:43.
Old 2008-07-19, 10:06   Link #157
Wesley84

Why did they pretend Galaxy was attacked and then hide it? Other than keeping Fairy 9 on Frontier, there's no reason I can think of. No plausible reason anyway. And why go to all that trouble just to keep their stupid pet on Frontier? Because their pilots aren't cybernetically augemented? What is this, Solty Rei where a knee replacement can turn you into a zombie? How is that supposed to make any difference?

I'm really hating the SMS. Half a dozen people ruining all their calculations and plans! Whatever shall they do? More wanked elitist bullcrap.

I don't care about the love triangle, but that's all they're serving. And what the hell is up with Alto calling Ranka beautiful? Is that something he would say? Hell, is that something any guy without obvious intentions would say? Unless he's gay...(probably is).

It's total bull they've weaseled Fairy 9 into their lame conspiracy. What, you have to have some mystical, magical, fantastic, origin story to have a place in a Macross storyline? Can't she just be a character with her own ambitions, her own goals, for her life? Nope, for Fairy 9 her entire universe revolves around being told what to do and Alto.

Now, will Ranka follow through with their plan to use her? I'll lose all respect for her character if she let's herself be used like Fairy 9 did, especially after her apparently empathic experience with them on their mothership. Unless it's that stupid amensia of hers acting up again that makes her forget all traumatic experiences. When are they going to stop using that lame excuse?

I really hope she doesn't do it. It'd do nothing but good for her character.
Old 2008-07-19, 10:57   Link #158
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Why did they pretend Galaxy was attacked and then hide it? Other than keeping Fairy 9 on Frontier, there's no reason I can think of. No plausible reason anyway. And why go to all that trouble just to keep their stupid pet on Frontier? Because their pilots aren't cybernetically augemented? What is this, Solty Rei where a knee replacement can turn you into a zombie? How is that supposed to make any difference?
So that they can do whatever they're planning to do without any interference?

With Frontier believing that it's been destroyed, or at least MIA, and having it's own troubles coming up, looking for Galaxy is the least of their problems.
Old 2008-07-19, 11:10   Link #159
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
So that they can do whatever they're planning to do without any interference?

With Frontier believing that it's been destroyed, or at least MIA, and having it's own troubles coming up, looking for Galaxy is the least of their problems.
What could they possibly be up to that would require hiding an entire colony fleet? The fact is Frontier did look for them, and what would they have told them if by some miracle they were accidently found by Frontier, minus any battle damage? They drew alot of attention to themselves trying to avoid attention when no one seemed to be paying them any attention!

Another thing, if Sheryl's tour supposedly took her all around the galaxy to scope out colony fleets for whatever conspiracy they've cooked up, what about Megaroad-01? It's missing, but no one except the Spacy Government knows that and they've covered the fact up. Wouldn't Fairy 9 like to know why she isn't allowed to perform for the Fleet of Legends ()?
Old 2008-07-19, 11:40   Link #160
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
What could they possibly be up to that would require hiding an entire colony fleet? The fact is Frontier did look for them, and what would they have told them if by some miracle they were accidently found by Frontier, minus any battle damage? They drew alot of attention to themselves trying to avoid attention when no one seemed to be paying them any attention!

Another thing, if Sheryl's tour supposedly took her all around the galaxy to scope out colony fleets for whatever conspiracy they've cooked up, what about Megaroad-01? It's missing, but no one except the Spacy Government knows that and they've covered the fact up. Wouldn't Fairy 9 like to know why she isn't allowed to perform for the Fleet of Legends ()?
A missing fleet is a missing fleet. Besides some fleets like Megaroad 4 established colonies like Eden.

Remember the mission? Spread humanity that they won't be extinguished in one fatal blow and find planets to inhabit.

If indeed Macross Frontier and Macross Galaxy are going the same direction there might be something in that region of space they don't want found.

But the main reason Macross Frontier has been picked is that they are a bunch of naturally organic environmental hippies and augmentation critics.

Galaxy could have done this to any fleet. Well except for Macross 7. Basara will reach the Vajra's hearts like space whales, Protodevlin and Meltrans.

Besides being the closest fleet to them makes it far more easy.
Closed Thread