Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-05, 07:59   Link #81
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Well, first season's OP could also be construed as a love song, so. Btw, this one felt incredibly hipster because of its vocal color. I hate it, but don't care much about the song either way.
I don't care much for the Indie Folk music either.

Last edited by JKL; 2014-04-05 at 08:15.
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 08:42   Link #82
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
One of things I love the most about the Mushi-shi series is its ability in eps like this to become very "quiet", kind of like the quiet characteristic of early mornings right before the sun rises and everything is "still" but at the same time ready to jumpstart into activity - but it is one thing to feel such a thing and another to actually "hear" it.

Eps like this one can incline one to a state of this quiet and even to a state of closing one's eyes and "hearkening" to sounds and movements we are not normally aware of.

This is something the best of Japanese art (both modern and older) has a "knack" at pulling off, and for those who love this particular quietness and / or the aesthetic... or even the steering of one's disposition and inner orientation to "gather" and weave meaning with normally unused elements or raw material we do not notice because we are too occupied with daily happenings... such things like this are a pure delight and treasure.

In some ways for me it is one of the best qualities of the arts as a whole.
You just completely captured what I love about this series. I just watched this first episode early in the morning. I was still picking the dry stuff out of my eyes as I started watching and the sounds were all so relaxing but with a tinge of otherworldly flavor. This show really is like a blurry window into the "unseen realm". If only in my imagination.
Old 2014-04-05, 11:02   Link #83
Miraluka
Banned

This epic series is back, finally!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 14:52   Link #84
kuromitsu

Aww, it feels so good to have Mushishi back. Episode 1 was a nice intro, and while I'm not enamoured with the OP song (The Sore Feet Song fit so perfectly, it's difficult to live up to it), and I feel Nakano Yuuto has to fully "find" Ginko again, it was like slipping into something old and really comfortable.

(Mushishi is one of those series for me where I absolutely prefer the anime to the manga - I tried to read the manga and it's perfectly good, but there's just something about the way the visuals and the sounds make the whole thing come alive in the anime...)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 16:13   Link #85
achirist

This episode felt very gentle and refreshing, I'm so glad there will be more every week for a while. I like the OP, and feel that it fits harmoniously with the series (it's not like the tale of Genji made a few years ago that had a heavy-metal OP.)
Old 2014-04-07, 12:32   Link #86
cupumanager

I haven't watched Hihamukage yet, but I feel glad to see Isaza again...Also, Its not often we can see so many Mushishi gather with all of their Wooden Backpacks of Wonder...
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 16:35   Link #87
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

FInished the first season recently and started on season two.

LOVE THIS SHOW. It's so pretty to look at and it always go fast.
Old 2014-04-11, 11:54   Link #88
Jehuty

Wow. That 2nd episode was fantastic. The ending was super strong, too.

So glad they brought this series back!
Old 2014-04-11, 13:09   Link #89
MCAL

With this episode, it looks like Mushi-shi is back in top form. The ending was excellent. And the ending shot with all the Mushi leaving the shells was beautiful.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 14:50   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The only bad thing about Mushishi is that every episode is so perfect and self-contained there isn't much to discuss every week.
Old 2014-04-11, 18:01   Link #91
SeaDoor

Wonderful! Just another wonderful episode. I'm so happy!
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 01:35   Link #92
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The only bad thing about Mushishi is that every episode is so perfect and self-contained there isn't much to discuss every week.
And then you have to try and blog it...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 01:43   Link #93
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Quoted for truth.
Old 2014-04-12, 02:42   Link #94
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And then you have to try and blog it...
Easy. Post a few screen captures and say, "There's really not much else I can say about Mushishi anymore except go watch it."
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 05:01   Link #95
cyth
Banned

I'll be honest, I didn't think they needed to show the crimson-red flashback (I found it in poor taste), but then it managed to tie itself to the red tide event and all was forgiven. I still think it might have a more playful effect on our imagination if they didn't show the flashback.

Dem Mushishi feels though ... I can't get enough of them.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 08:15   Link #96
Lota

Yeah, I had the feeling that every week most of the posts would consist of "wow, that was great". But it really was. And that ending was quite powerful as well.
Old 2014-04-12, 10:12   Link #97
Dop
Mmmm....

Seriously this is so good that we're going to run out of superlatives to describe it...

The reconciliation with the villagers at the end when they used the pearl to save the village was just heartwarming in a real true sense. The show doesn't beat you over the head with emotion, it just lets it develop quietly and naturally.

The scene at the end when all the little mushi birds emerge from their shells was a thing of beauty, and no mistake.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 10:52   Link #98
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

That ending with the Mushi birds flying was seriously one of the best scenes I've ever watched in anime....like Miyazaki good.
Old 2014-04-12, 18:18   Link #99
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Just finished the 2nd episode. I'm quite surprised by the bird mushi as most mushi shown in the first season resemble insects and microbe's design. It felt almost lazy to me.

Like most stories, there's always a underlying theme to it. Since Mushishi is basically a collection of short stories, there's always a theme to each episode. Though in Mushishi's case it can be so subtle that it's hard to pin down. I still don't really know what was the key theme to the first episode after watching it twice.

But the 2nd episode is pretty obvious with the father's reconciliation with himself and the villagers using just regular natural disasters like red tides and shark attack instead of mushi to drive the story.
Old 2014-04-12, 21:21   Link #100
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Very true. I almost feel like I enter a trance when I'm watching this show. Watching it back to back with other series (even enjoyable ones) really shows how Mushishi is just in another league when it comes to ethereally contemplative fiction.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote