AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-12, 17:39   Link #1
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Koufuku Graffiti [Anticipation]

Makoto Kawai's Koufuku Graffiti manga, serialized in Manga Time Kirara Miracle (which also currently serializes Sakura Trick) gets a TV anime!

Source.

Brief Summary:
Quote:
Ryou is a junior high school girl that has lost her grandmother. She is lonely, and sad that the food she cooks for herself always tastes so bad. Things start to change when one of her distant relative - a girl named Kirin starts living at her house in the weekends.
I knew this was next. Slice of life food manga where cute girls eat and get along with each other. In the hands of a good staff this will be awesome, and it just so happens both this and Sakura Trick are my favorite 4-Koma manga at the moment. What a great year! Oh, and since this is a food manga, expect eating faces and absurd commentary while eating and making said eating faces.
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2014-06-14 at 04:47. Reason: "cooking" -> "food"
Old 2014-06-12, 17:50   Link #2
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....

Sign me up then! ^^

Will be interested to see the cast....

I wonder when it will be airing?
Old 2014-06-12, 18:24   Link #3
Pablete
Banned

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-24619.html
Sample pics shows their expressions when eating.

Oh, and I heard one or two of them has a romantic interest(need confirmation)
What kind of embarrassed face would the girl(s) show when her crush happens to be passing by and her mouth is stuffed full of food(see linked pictures)
Old 2014-06-12, 18:34   Link #4
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post

Sign me up then! ^^

Will be interested to see the cast....

I wonder when it will be airing?
Going by the Kirara anime schedule so far:

Winter: Sakura Trick
Spring: Gochuumon wa Usagi Desuka?
Summer: Hanayamata
Fall: ??

It's likely to air in Fall. (Though we can't rule out Kiniro Mosaic (2nd season) airing in fall over this)
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2014-06-12 at 19:01.
Old 2014-06-12, 20:58   Link #5
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Yes - for some reason I had the idea that KinMosa s2 would be in the Fall (wonder where I got that from?) ... maybe this could even air in the upcoming Winter season?
Old 2014-06-13, 00:08   Link #6
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm on a roll when it comes to picking up anime based on Manga Time Kirara releases, so I'll definitely pick this one up too.

Quote:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-24619.html
Sample pics shows their expressions when eating.
Gochisousama~
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-06-13, 00:36   Link #7
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Great to see I've really enjoyed most of the Time Kirara adaptions I've seen so far , so this will be definitely be something I try.

So just wondering how "Time Kirara Miracle!", "Time Kirara Max", and "Time Kirara" related exactly? Are they are made by same publisher just done as different releases?
MAL
Old 2014-06-13, 01:05   Link #8
R.LocK
My turn

I'm not watching it hungry...
Old 2014-06-13, 01:14   Link #9
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post

I can see it now....

"Oh no! It's 10:30 am on Tuesday! Graffiti airs in 30 minutes! I must eat a pizza!" (Or something like that....)

Back on topic....

Does anyone know of more detailed summaries of the series or manga chapters that are available? (Or can anyone provide summaries thereof who has read the source material?)
Old 2014-06-13, 01:26   Link #10
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Not sure if grabbing a snack while watching would work either, depending on how delectable the food would be depicted in the anime.

Quote:
Does anyone know of more detailed summaries of the series or manga chapters that are available? (Or can anyone provide summaries thereof who has read the source material?)
A quick search comes up empty. Darn.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-06-13, 01:34   Link #11
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post

I can see it now....

"Oh no! It's 10:30 am on Tuesday! Graffiti airs in 30 minutes! I must eat a pizza!" (Or something like that....)
Instant noodles... Or buns. Dunno, it's going to be serious problem unless I go to a place without any wireless.
Old 2014-06-14, 02:41   Link #12
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Makoto Kawai's Koufuku Graffiti manga, serialized in Manga Time Kirara Miracle (which also currently serializes Sakura Trick) gets a TV anime!

Source.

Brief Summary:

I knew this was next. Slice of life cooking manga where cute girls eat and get along with each other. In the hands of a good staff this will be awesome, and it just so happens both this and Sakura Trick are my favorite 4-Koma manga at the moment. What a great year! Oh, and since this is a cooking manga, expect eating faces and absurd commentary while eating and making said eating faces.
By cooking msnga and insane reactions, do you mean there will be cooking competition or you just meant manga with girls cooking?
Old 2014-06-14, 04:35   Link #13
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
By cooking msnga and insane reactions, do you mean there will be cooking competition or you just meant manga with girls cooking?
There's no cooking competition.

I really should revise what I said in the opening post: This is more a food slice-of-life manga rather than a cooking manga. The big appeal of the manga is them eating and making faces to the food that Ryou (center brown-haired girl) cooks.

Spoiler for Narrative comparison to existing Kirara anime adaptations:
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2014-06-14, 11:28   Link #14
Pablete
Banned

Inb4 no Yuri here guys, I noticed that mentioning Sakura Trick in other sites leads people to believe that when the only thing in common is the magazine.
Old 2014-07-14, 13:44   Link #15
bastek66

Rumor says that Shaft will be animating it.
Old 2014-07-14, 13:51   Link #16
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*sees title*

*thought it was about art*

*Finds out it's about FOOD*

SO IN

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-07-14, 18:31   Link #17
ankgembala
Public Morals Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Going by the Kirara anime schedule so far:

Winter: Sakura Trick
Spring: Gochuumon wa Usagi Desuka?
Summer: Hanayamata
Fall: ??

It's likely to air in Fall. (Though we can't rule out Kiniro Mosaic (2nd season) airing in fall over this)
hint from yaraon says it will air in Winter 2015..
so,, i think maybe we'll se Gakkou Gurashi in Fall..
Old 2014-07-14, 18:41   Link #18
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
So just wondering how "Time Kirara Miracle!", "Time Kirara Max", and "Time Kirara" related exactly?
They're all a family of mags published by Houbunsha. And yes, they all have different release schedules too even if they're all monthly: Kirara (9th), Max (18th), Carat (28th), Forward (24th) and Miracle! (16th).

Take note Forward handles non-4koma series.
Old 2014-07-14, 19:05   Link #19
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
So just wondering how "Time Kirara Miracle!", "Time Kirara Max", and "Time Kirara" related exactly? Are they are made by same publisher just done as different releases?
They are a series of sister magazines published by Houbunsha specializing in "Moe 4-Panel manga". The main difference between the magazines is in how they start. Starting with Manga Time Kirara in 2002, the magazine primarily serializes everyday school life comedy featuring high school girls. (K-On!, Yuyushiki, Acchi Kocchi)

Kirara Carat started out with more female manga artists, female-oriented works with male characters and fantasy settings, but as years pass the content eventually evolved to something similar to other Kirara magazines. It has a larger female readership than its sister magazines. (Hidamari Sketch, GA, Doujin Work, A Channel, Kill Me Baby)

Kirara Max was created in 2004 to debut new manga artists. (Gochiusa, Kiniro Mosaic)

Kirara Miracle explores "alternative outlooks/philospohy" and "unique heroines". The manga serialized in this magazine tend to have longer chapters (10 -12 vs 6 - 8 in other magazines). The catchphrase of the magazine is roughly translated as "More freedom to 4-Panel". (Sakura Trick, Koufuku Graffiti)

These distinctions do not really matter in the long run though, and today they mostly serve the same function: "Moe 4-Panel manga". Something like Kiniro Mosaic could easily have been serialized in Carat instead of Max.
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2014-07-15, 07:11   Link #20
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
inb4 this became the next fetish after fat........ sorry i mean plump moe
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Closed Thread

Tags
4 koma, manga time kirara