AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Heavy Object

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-11-24, 06:46   Link #1421
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather View Post
Fifth time I post this.

WE JUST ENDED VOLUME 1. ALL OF THIS WAS JUST VOLUME 1.

You can't expect a change on the style of storyline when you haven't finished the material of the Volume you are in.
- Noted. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Didn't a certain someone survived self destructing his own Gundam, while standing ON said Gundam?
- Yes, but I often think Heero's skull is made of the same kind of armor the Wing Gundam's made of--seeing that after blowing up said Gundam they were able to put it back together again without too much trouble. Then again, Gundam Wing is basically Saint Seiya with Gundams, EG pretty boys with armored suits that girls just love to Yaoi up (Oh, I know I'm gonna get flamed something fierce for that)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
In fairness, the Gundam also survived that one, IIRC. That auto-destruct was pretty shitty.
- The Doctors spent so much money on the Gundam itself that they bought cheap-as-chips C4. Naturally it didn't work. Hopefully anyone who decides it's a good idea to put an actual self-destruct system on an Object will probably note that down...

BACK ON TOPIC:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78
I feel this aways will be the problem, peoples want a silly serie(HO) to be a serious one, while sometimes we can have some serious moments as any other serie this not gonna be the focus and we aways gonna see much more comedy or fanservice(ecchi) than serious cuz that is somehow the focus.
- Some series will have a blend of comedy and seriousness. Some of them will basically eb comedy outright while soem will have some serious elements. I guess I'm expecting this to have a few more serious elements.

Also on the fanservice: Is that actually from the LNs? I know that the first story arc with the manga did show pretty much the exact same fanservice that I saw in the 1st episode. While the whole seatbelt gag I could see might have been written in the original LN...how does the shower scene fit in? That bit was definitely fanservice that doesn't really work into the story itself but also I can't see how that could be put into an LN story unless it was meant as a character piece.
Old 2015-11-24, 10:38   Link #1422
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Then again, Gundam Wing is basically Saint Seiya with Gundams, EG pretty boys with armored suits that girls just love to Yaoi up (Oh, I know I'm gonna get flamed something fierce for that)...
Speaking of pretty boys and yaoi pairings and crazy fanarts, I think Gundam Wing has nothing on Gundam 00. Oh boy was Gundam 00 incredible on that front. The fujoshis are really hungry for Setsuna x Graham .

Quote:
- The Doctors spent so much money on the Gundam itself that they bought cheap-as-chips C4. Naturally it didn't work.
Doctor J is a cheapskate (or he just broke). Unlike Wing Gundam, Gundam Sandrock's self-destruct worked gloriously wiping out an entire runway filled with Leos. You can definitely tell that Quatre is the rich boy by that fact alone .

ON TOPIC:
Quote:
Also on the fanservice: Is that actually from the LNs?
Some from the LN, some not, according to OH&S.
Old 2015-11-24, 18:55   Link #1423
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
I'm still enjoying the series as is so far, but I wonder if the plot will actually improve from ep 9 onward (Please don't spoil stuff fromt he LN). So far it's kind of like the Super Sentai monster-of-the-week storyline. I was hoping a little more of a recurring or overall arc villain would turn up somewhere--I'm kind of glad it's not Flide since he doesn't really come across as having the chops to play a big bad (not enigmatic, not sympathetic, and not really all that smart even).
Well, H.O is just that kind of a series. It's more of a chronicle of their time in the army rather than a story with a goal a villain pulling the strings. We do have a few recurring elements here and there, but this is pretty much how it goes.
Old 2015-11-24, 21:57   Link #1424
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Generation 0.5:

Images
Oblique View
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Rear View
Images
Bottom View

The exterior design certainly makes it look clunky and inferior.

As a side note, I still haven't caught up with the Oceania mission yet. I'll get to it sometime soon.

Last edited by OH&S; 2015-11-24 at 22:19. Reason: fixed image code
Old 2015-11-25, 06:02   Link #1425
Jaden

How does that electricity thing even work when the circuit is grounded? Am I retarded or it just this show?
Old 2015-11-25, 07:58   Link #1426
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The cable was ripped out and dangling from the initial explosion.
Old 2015-11-25, 08:27   Link #1427
Jaden

We need the mythbusters on this shit.

What I'm getting at is that most of the electrical current would just disappear into the ground, with only a small fraction of it reaching the cables at the other end of the puddle. Even if we postulate that the current only spreads along the surface and it was an insulated container of water, tap water is not such a great conductor of electricity. Even in the ocean, lightning strikes are said to dissipate almost completely in 6 meters.
Old 2015-11-25, 08:46   Link #1428
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

No idea, seems plausible enough in a Hollywood sort of way- The electric station was used to help start up the reactor of the object so we can assume it has a massive charge, and we don't really know what kind of water was being pumped through those pipes.
Old 2015-11-25, 09:27   Link #1429
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

makes me think of that taking a piss on an electrically charged rail track myth which it is said that it actually killed the person doing it, along with the other myth involving an electric fence with the same situation, what? is it like dropping a hairdryer or a toaster into a bathtub or something?
Old 2015-11-25, 11:42   Link #1430
Heir of the Void

On the topic of the electricity, it's actually plausible, at least in theory. If I recall correctly, the water was already on the ground when the current was applied - this is important, electrical currents propagate close to light speed, and do not linger.

But if the water was already there, assuming a reasonable amount of material had been swept up and dissolved into it to make it effectively conductive, electricity follows the path to charge balance with the lowest resistance. If the Object was large enough to ground the current and/or the current could ground through the Object, it would flow through the cable.
Old 2015-11-25, 16:59   Link #1431
askara

No its implausible, first considering fresh water is insulator and secondly, electricity travel the easiest path, meaning the it will short circuit between the negative and positive end of the cable and blow the fuse or melt the cable imediately. certainly not strong or last enough to overheat the object

if you do the same with say a electric fan or something, it will never turn on, same principle
Old 2015-11-25, 20:04   Link #1432
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
No its implausible, first considering fresh water is insulator and secondly, electricity travel the easiest path, meaning the it will short circuit between the negative and positive end of the cable and blow the fuse or melt the cable imediately. certainly not strong or last enough to overheat the object

if you do the same with say a electric fan or something, it will never turn on, same principle
Pure water is an insulator. It was in contact with the ground, so that could be handwaved by saying that the ground had an usually high levels of salts or orther ionic compounds.

Also, it didn't overheat the Object. Before the duo got there, the Oceanians used an external power supply to cold-start the fusion core of the Object; to meet the massive energy demand of creating the high pressure and temperature environment needed to start fusion. Something went wrong; I assume it was with the exterior boosting equipment, as there really isn't any accidental scenario that would create an external event on that magnitude and still leave the Object even marginally operational.

Then, when the electrical surge was applied, it re-activated the fusion starter. However, as the reactor was already ongoing, it heated and compressed the ball of plasma already present, increasing the reaction rate, and the output of the reactor beyond the ability of its containment systems to hold. From there, you almost literally have a hydrogen bomb detonating inside your armor belt.

Have fun with that.
Old 2015-11-25, 20:40   Link #1433
tsunade666

lol, congratulations on getting a sub forum.
Old 2015-11-25, 21:17   Link #1434
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

A bit late but better late than never I guess.

So penguins this week?
Old 2015-11-25, 22:51   Link #1435
Wandering Soul

Glad this series got a sub forum.
Old 2015-11-26, 00:26   Link #1436
Chosen_Hero

We did it guys, HO got a sub fourm.
Old 2015-11-26, 01:28   Link #1437
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh cool, we even got names on the episode threads!
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, light novel adaptation, mecha, sci-fi