Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-11-07, 20:50   Link #1581
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

I'll never complain about the price of an AFL ticket during the regular season ever again....Normal seating, member seating and corporate boxes are all a fraction of the prices you mentioned...

What's the TV situation like? Do you get that many decent games outside of the blackout radius on free-to-air networks or is cable a necessity? Ever since Channel Ten introduced One HD back in 2009, they show 3 NFL games live. Although the first one usually starts at 3-4am my time, so I have to miss that one and catch the other two.
Well, yeah. When you're blacked out, you still get a game, just not the local team. You would get the headliner instead.

I probably would have gotten Tampa Bay vs. Atlanta if Carolina had been blacked out. So if you live in an area with a team you don't like that much, a blackout wouldn't be that big a deal.

Most games are on free networks. NFC rights are owned by FOX while AFC rights are owned by CBS. Sunday Night Football is on NBC. The games on cable are Monday Night Football on ESPN and Thursday Night Football on the NFL Network, which is a premium channel (and they still are that on free TV if it's local).

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-11-07 at 21:11.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 20:56   Link #1582
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
First time the Raiders have been above .500 this late in the season since 2003.
Make that 2002

As a raider fan who's endurered the past 8 years the past 3 games have been really nice.

This week we were without Nnamdi Asomugha and Zack Miller , 2 of the only bright spots of the past few years and the raiders still managed to pull out a win.

It was ugly,the refs didn't help,there was some terrible officiating on both teams,the worst was probably when the chiefs converted a 3rd and 2 at the 1 yard line and instead of saying it was 1st and goal the refs,thinking the previous play was 3rd and goal,were saying it was 4th and goal

Good thing they realized they made a mistake
Old 2010-11-07, 21:13   Link #1583
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Well that stupid going for the helmet penalty call by the refs almost screwed over the Eagles, but they hung tough and won. Looks like my team is back on track with Vick at the helm.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 21:22   Link #1584
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
What is up with Cam Newton anyways? Is this guy any good? People keep making a big deal about this situation it seems. I don't watch much college ball.

He runs with a fierceness like Bo Jackson did, he has an arm like Pat Sullivan did, he has the power of Ronnie Brown, and the grace of Carnell Williams... and he can lay down blocks and catch the ball too.

Yeah... I'd say he's pretty good!!!!!

The only thing he hasn't done is get a big play on special teams or defense... for obvious reasons.
Old 2010-11-07, 21:47   Link #1585
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

place your bets folks

Dallas will finish 1-15 this year.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 22:14   Link #1586
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

One half of that Packers-Cowboys game is enough for me...It was funny for a while, then it was just lamentable...there's not much effort required for the Packers to tear apart Dallas.

Edit: I get back home from shopping and it's the 2 minute warning for the last quarter. Ended up 45-7...Heads will roll at Dallas and then some. Who'd want to be in James Jones's shoes?

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2010-11-07 at 23:31.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 00:29   Link #1587
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Make that 2002

As a raider fan who's endurered the past 8 years the past 3 games have been really nice.

This week we were without Nnamdi Asomugha and Zack Miller , 2 of the only bright spots of the past few years and the raiders still managed to pull out a win.

It was ugly,the refs didn't help,there was some terrible officiating on both teams,the worst was probably when the chiefs converted a 3rd and 2 at the 1 yard line and instead of saying it was 1st and goal the refs,thinking the previous play was 3rd and goal,were saying it was 4th and goal

Good thing they realized they made a mistake
You guys are going to have to get a quarterback somehow someway. Jason Campbell just isn't cutting it and I don't see Bruce Gradkowski being a long term starter. Hopefully Al Davis doesn't make another dumb decision and sign another highly touted draft pick with a big arm.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 03:25   Link #1588
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well that stupid going for the helmet penalty call by the refs almost screwed over the Eagles, but they hung tough and won. Looks like my team is back on track with Vick at the helm.
Which helmet penalty? The one on the receiver who was in a defensive position (as the guys talked about at halftime), or the little tap on Peyton Manning's noggin as Trent Cole went to strip the ball on 4th and 18 that gave the colts 15 yards and a new set of downs?

Either way, nice to have two of our ninjas back at QB and WR xD.

Mike Vick says he wants to be a starter somewhere in the NFL after this year. Well, we know exactly where he's starting. In the meantime, Kevin Kolb is an amazing "backup" quarterback. And "backup" instead of backup is that he's far better than any second-stringer like John Kitna down in Dalulz
Old 2010-11-08, 08:48   Link #1589
Nosauz

God damn james jones.... talk about one of the best free agent pickups this weekend... damn bastard got 18 points in seriously three quarters of play, dallas, seattle, and killing me on fantasy, oh how i hate them.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 09:10   Link #1590
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Either way, nice to have two of our ninjas back at QB and WR xD.
hell yea.

And yes I meant the one by Trent Cole when he was stripping the ball. If the refs want to call the slightest wiff of something they might as well call a penalty every freaking time two helmets touch.

Just let the damn guys play and stop screwing other teams over with stupid calls like the one on Cole.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 13:18   Link #1591
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
God damn james jones.... talk about one of the best free agent pickups this weekend... damn bastard got 18 points in seriously three quarters of play, dallas, seattle, and killing me on fantasy, oh how i hate them.
I picked up James Jones and watching him put up more points than my WR1, Miles Austin, has put up in two weeks.
Old 2010-11-08, 14:48   Link #1592
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I picked up James Jones and watching him put up more points than my WR1, Miles Austin, has put up in two weeks.
it's just that "america's team" is garbage, I just don't see how you can keep wade phillips with such a dismal season, because even after before romo got hurt they were getting blown the fuck out, the only bright spot was their win against a hot houston team but i think that says more about houston than texas and basically that the texans are fakers.
Old 2010-11-08, 17:28   Link #1593
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well Wade has finally walked the guillotine (HE'S BEEN FIRED) and honestly he probably wanted too…His postgame presser was that of a man who was content with getting his walking papers…The bottomline for Dallas is as long as the Head Coach doesn’t have the same level of authority as the GM/Owner (Jerry Jones) this will just continue in a different form…When adversity comes into play you always find out who EVERYONE really is, and the players simply don’t respect or FEAR Wade Phillips in any way…That roster is filled with BEASTS (admittedly beasts that don’t complement one another too well, but BEASTS all the same)…No way that team is playing that un-competitively if there was fire on their a$$ess or a price to pay besides Wade’s “Aw shucks” grimace…

I hate to say that I was a Dallas Fan (Which is odd for a diehard Saints’ fan to be), but I was and to see their demise from that nice up and coming, budding team that Parcells put together all those years ago is pretty apathetic

As for the SAINTS, damn we rocked the Panthers…When we come back from the bye everyone most likely will be Healthy (Especially Bush)…Our offense has struggled all year despite a couple of killer games, but now we get to reset our offense once Kim Kardashian’s ex gets his a$$ back on the field…Our defense is the $HIT now that Sharper, Harper, Greer and Superbowl Star Porter are all healthy again!!! Watch out playas, cuz that DYNASTY talk is revving back up!!

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-11-08, 20:16   Link #1594
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

So, Phillips is gone, Garrett is in, it's not going to make a difference, this season is pretty much lost and they seriously need to take Kitna out and grind their fist into the defense who decided to not show up last night. I think Ware was the only one really trying...

Meanwhile in Cleveland...

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 20:20   Link #1595
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post

So, Phillips is gone, Garrett is in, it's not going to make a different, this season is pretty much lost and they seriously need to take Kitna out and grind their fist into the defense who decided to not show up last night.
Colt McCoy is the real deal. Him and Sam Bradford could be doing great things in the future in the NFL.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 22:10   Link #1596
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
So, Phillips is gone, Garrett is in, it's not going to make a difference, this season is pretty much lost and they seriously need to take Kitna out and grind their fist into the defense who decided to not show up last night. I think Ware was the only one really trying...

Cleveland should be happy there are serious contenders, I hope Eric won't fail as much in NY Jets with Favre.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 23:59   Link #1597
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Sighs, T.O. haters have at it, but dammit if that dude ain't one of the best to ever play the game...I really wanted them to pull that game out...Carson Palmer just isn't even close to what he used to be, but he played OK...However on 4th down you gotto go to T.O. or Ocho...Goto go to you're best players, not a rookie in that moment...Give Terrel one more shot dammit!
Old 2010-11-09, 00:02   Link #1598
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Ever since that ACL injury against the Steelers four years ago, I always gotten the sense that he is playing a bit scared.

Though, he has improved this season, but having good receivers will do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Cleveland should be happy there are serious contenders, I hope Eric won't fail as much in NY Jets with Favre.
The Browns are 3-5. They're giant killers, not contenders.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 04:27   Link #1599
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I'm wondering if it's going to be the James Jones and Greg Jennings show moving forward. Not sure how much longer Driver is going to play.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 09:34   Link #1600
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I'm wondering if it's going to be the James Jones and Greg Jennings show moving forward. Not sure how much longer Driver is going to play.
driver is done, jennings is still the go to guy, honestly i think rogers was just working jones becuase of his recent troubles with receiving.

Also i feel bad for the bengals... god penalties really ended that last drive and in the end pitt just out played em, but man TO is tied with randy moss, that team should be a lot better than where they are.

Tags
american football, sports