Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-12-19, 04:04   Link #241
philmein

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Slasher View Post
I hate CG only trailers.

anyway the guy in versus looks like a sort of silver haired cloud, not really an original character...

I prefer "normal" XIII for now.
Wait...what?
You HATE CG? Nani yatte?!
You're really something, man. Honestly, you are really, really something. Wow...
What did you expect from Final Fantasy?

Then again, I may be misinterpreting something.

It'd be kind of a waste of money for me, but I'd only get the PS3 for 4 games thus far: FFXIII, XII Versus, Street Fighter 4, and Metal Gear Solid 4...

Hell, if it was just FFXIII, I'd still buy the PS3..
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 11:31   Link #242
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmein View Post
Wait...what?
You HATE CG? Nani yatte?!
You're really something, man. Honestly, you are really, really something. Wow...
What did you expect from Final Fantasy?

Then again, I may be misinterpreting something.

It'd be kind of a waste of money for me, but I'd only get the PS3 for 4 games thus far: FFXIII, XII Versus, Street Fighter 4, and Metal Gear Solid 4...

Hell, if it was just FFXIII, I'd still buy the PS3..
A PS3 is worth every single Penny if u have the money to buy it, at first i was a little skeptical about spending so much on one console, but after buying it i do not regret it, and the major titles arnt even out yet, so its only gonna get better for PS3, atm i'm addicted to CoD4 and Folklore

imo, games to look out for in 2008 for PS3: FFXIII (Both), Metal Gear Solid 4, Resident Evil 5, Soul Calibur 4, Haze and Dynasty Warrior 6 (5 in Japanese)
Old 2007-12-19, 12:07   Link #243
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Don't want to break your dream or anything, but I remember FFXIII (both) aren't in SE's 2008 released games list. Meaning you'll have to wait 'til 2009.
Don't know if you forgot about DMC4 or not ^_^.
Old 2007-12-19, 13:28   Link #244
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

DMC4 isnt really on my list, i dunno, never been a huge fan of DMC o_o
Old 2007-12-19, 14:06   Link #245
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Actually, she looks like a female version of Squall.

Besides the fact that she can take care of herself in a fight and gives off a cold, somewhat detached look, she also wields a gunblade... thing of sorts.

And well, that's actually not so bad. I usually prefer the more combat-oriented heroines over the Aerith-Rinoa-Yuna damsel types.
Yuna a damsel is NOT. At least not in FFX-2
Old 2007-12-19, 14:11   Link #246
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

She went from a damsel to a Charlie's Angel
Old 2007-12-19, 16:23   Link #247
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Don't want to break your dream or anything, but I remember FFXIII (both) aren't in SE's 2008 released games list. Meaning you'll have to wait 'til 2009.
Don't know if you forgot about DMC4 or not ^_^.
That is SE's "Early 2008 Release List" for USA that is, not 2008 entirely. Still there is a chance for late 2008 to early 2009 hopefully >>;
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 17:29   Link #248
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Yuna a damsel is NOT. At least not in FFX-2
Well, I'm not counting FFX-2. (No way... Not even an improvement in my opinion.)

I was simply referring to a specific character type that she exemplified on FFX.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 09:30   Link #249
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
And well, that's actually not so bad. I usually prefer the more combat-oriented heroines over the Aerith-Rinoa-Yuna damsel types.
Aeris is not the damsel type. =P Count how many times Cloud saved her, and then count how many times she saved Cloud/The entire world.

I count one time Cloud saved her, and that was in the church when they first met. Although I think she still could have escaped by herself since it was pointed out that she's been running from them since she was little.

And when everyone rescued her form Shinra Headquarters. I don't think that should count because the only reason she was there was because of Marlene. Hardly a damsel type if you're in trouble because you sacrificed yourself for another.

As for Cloud being rescued by her... Well we can even count the second time they met, when he fell on her flowers. Right off the top of my head... she died to save the planet, she guided Cloud out of the lifestream when Northern Crater was collapsing, and saved the planet again whilst in the lifestream, against meteor.

And these are just FFVII ones. As for Advent Children... She carried him through a huge ball of blue fire, cured his geostigma, and restored fatal gun and materia wounds from Loz and Yazoo at the end.

=P
Old 2007-12-21, 15:40   Link #250
kujoe
from head to heel

She is. She plays her role in the story, but I'm referring more to the character template she was based on.

Cloud was her "bodyguard" in FFVII.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 22:22   Link #251
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Bah. I refuse to have her placed in the same category as Rinoa and Yuna. =P (The ones that needed to be "saved")

And although Cloud was her "bodyguard", she still ended being his bodyguard.(in a sense)

I would even go so far as to say that if FFVII and AC were both taken into account, Cloud would be Aeris' "damsel" in distress.
Old 2007-12-23, 07:51   Link #252
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I've just seen the FF Versus XIII new trailers from the promo DVD that came with the Square Enix concept book 'Cloud'.

All I can say is, Holy Haruhi-sama, never would I have thought that even I, would be swept off my feet by another guy. The main character is the most GAR character to ever appear in an FF series.

Cloud, not even Sephiroth is as amazing as he is. They would probably lose even if they worked together, they probably can't touch him at all.

He even draws first blood for the FF series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 08:39   Link #253
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I've just seen the FF Versus XIII new trailers from the promo DVD that came with the Square Enix concept book 'Cloud'.

All I can say is, Holy Haruhi-sama, never would I have thought that even I, would be swept off my feet by another guy. The main character is the most GAR character to ever appear in an FF series.

Cloud, not even Sephiroth is as amazing as he is. They would probably lose even if they worked together, they probably can't touch him at all.

Yea, he is pretty badass isn't he? Kinda makes you wonder how the enemies he'll be facing are supposed to put up a challenge. I suppose they'll be pretty monstrous themselves.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 17:26   Link #254
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Hmm, wasn't that Seifer in FFVIII? He cuts Squall in the opening sequence

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 20:05   Link #255
Zoe

Unfortunately, I believe Nomura said that the trailer is more representative of his abilities pretty late in the game :P
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 21:11   Link #256
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Hmm, wasn't that Seifer in FFVIII? He cuts Squall in the opening sequence
If he means literally see blood on the characters, it would be after Cloud omnislashes Sephiroth. He's covered in blood before he disappears with the whole "light coming out of his body" thing.
Old 2007-12-23, 22:46   Link #257
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Unfortunately, I believe Nomura said that the trailer is more representative of his abilities pretty late in the game :P
Not really surprising. If he was like that from the start of the game, it would get pretty boring. The trailer gives you something to strive for.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 23:10   Link #258
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Versus is the one I've been waiting for, ever since I seen the the trailer for both of em, Versus is the one I'm most looking forward to.

The thing about Lightning being a feminine "Cloud" I do see it as her being the long lost sister of Cloud got Advent Children to blame for that

and thank god I don't have to worry about getting a PS3 and a big ass HDTV for this, as I alrdy got em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
DMC4 isnt really on my list, i dunno, never been a huge fan of DMC o_o
BLASHPEMY!!! How can you not be a fan of one of the best action games there is?! besides Ninja Gaiden that is
Loving CoD4, its great fun tearing it up online
Old 2007-12-24, 15:37   Link #259
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Yea, he is pretty badass isn't he? Kinda makes you wonder how the enemies he'll be facing are supposed to put up a challenge. I suppose they'll be pretty monstrous themselves.
Yep, after playing Crisis Core, I'm thinking that they probably have something really insane for FFXIII.

I still get killed in missions 9-x-x, I expect much tougher things to come in FFXIII if the main character is so powerful.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 12:15   Link #260
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Woot looks like there gona be some info on it in the nest issue of Famitsu

According to Forever-fantasy.net, the next issue of Famitsu Weekly will feature some exclusive new details on Square-Enix’s forthcoming PlayStation 3 title, Final Fantasy XIII.

According to the 'next week' feature in this week’s magazine, the next issue should have new information on the highly anticipated RPG title, which arrives on January 25. Whether this will include new images of the game in action or not is currently unknown.

Final Fantasy XIII (along with Final Fantasy Versus XIII and a mobile phone game) is a part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis, which is Latin for "The New Tale of the Christal". Final Fantasy XIII centres on a character named Lightning, who is banished from the kingdom of Cocoon into a lower world. Although we have only seen one character so far in the trailers, Lightning is still not confirmed as the main character.

Both Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be running on Square's White Engine, which takes full advantage of the PS3’s processor.

Final Fantasy XIII is currently set for a release in fall 2008. Stay tuned for further information as it becomes available.

http://www.psu.com/New-Final-Fantasy...0002446-p0.php

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360