AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-04, 09:00   Link #61
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

looks bad...

The first episode kind of reminded me of Yugi-Oh. It has that sort of vibe. It's Yugi-Oh minus the card game.

What I can't believe is how they are going to stretch this premise over 24-26 episodes.

Is this series going to about a ton of "special effects" while dudes stand around posturing, acting melodramatic, staring each other down? Oh look, my arm band is shiny and my eye is glowing red.... I will now solve this Sodoku puzzle that will explode! Eye of Orpheus show my the secret paths!

This show seems so corny. It may be so corny and so bad it may actually become infamous and popular.

I wonder if he'll gurgle and feel pain as the time limit for solving a puzzle approaches. "Must solve puzzle. Minute left. Intense pain. Argh! I GOT IT! By the eye of Orpheus and the Mandala's influence I now solve the puzzle! YEAH!"
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 12:45   Link #62
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Spoiler for Do you know what's this puzzle called during the next episode preview?:
I think it's a Klotski. At the very least, it's a sliding block puzzle.
Old 2011-10-04, 18:27   Link #63
jcdietz03

This organization POG (pretty sure not mentioned yet, it's from the synopsis) sure takes their puzzles seriously. Can you imagine what it takes to create a maze that big!? Can you imagine what it takes to create a contraption that complicated!?

It took me awhile, the game in question is known as Rush Hour. The class of games like this is sliding block puzzles.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 19:03   Link #64
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

@the puzzle
So we have a one-car-wide exit and we have a limousine that occupies three blocks; what's worse is that it is parked perpendicular to the exit.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 22:00   Link #65
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Hmmm an anime about solving puzzles it will seem predictable
Old 2011-10-05, 20:10   Link #66
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
I don't know about you guys but I thought this anime was kinda lame. Solving puzzles seriously? If it was detective solving puzzles then I'll be okay but some dude with some yu-gi-oh kinda device solving puzzle is pretty lame.
Old 2011-10-05, 22:12   Link #67
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I like it because the character design reminds me of Noein. It didn't make too much impression nonetheless this was an interesting show.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 05:19   Link #68
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
@the puzzle
So we have a one-car-wide exit and we have a limousine that occupies three blocks; what's worse is that it is parked perpendicular to the exit.
You just need to get the red car out apparently...which makes the one in the preview pretty simple...

Hm...dunno if I'll keep watching this, it feels kinda juvenile...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 07:24   Link #69
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
You just need to get the red car out apparently...which makes the one in the preview pretty simple...
Not just simple... it's more of a child's game.

If it allows a group of adjacent cars to be moved at once, it only involves five moves, including moving the red car out. Otherwise, two more moves are needed.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-10-06, 09:07   Link #70
lolzorz

The game Rush Hour only allows cars to be slided back and forth, not sideways, FYI.
lolzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 09:25   Link #71
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Welp. I'll be fixing that after a get a good night's sleep.
And what do you mean back and forth? Like cars in the puzzle can only go forwards or backwards depending on where they are facing?

Old 2011-10-06, 09:31   Link #72
lolzorz

Quote:
Welp. I'll be fixing that after a get a good night's sleep.
And what do you mean back and forth? Like cars in the puzzle can only go forwards or backwards depending on where they are facing?
Yeah that's correct. Only forwards or backwards, in the same line.

From Wiki: Cars and trucks can only be moved within a straight line along the grid. They cannot be rotated.

Not as simple as you thought huh XD
lolzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 14:07   Link #73
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
The first episode kind of reminded me of Yugi-Oh. It has that sort of vibe. It's Yugi-Oh minus the card game.

What I can't believe is how they are going to stretch this premise over 24-26 episodes.

Is this series going to about a ton of "special effects" while dudes stand around posturing, acting melodramatic, staring each other down? Oh look, my arm band is shiny and my eye is glowing red.... I will now solve this Sodoku puzzle that will explode! Eye of Orpheus show my the secret paths!

This show seems so corny. It may be so corny and so bad it may actually become infamous and popular.

I wonder if he'll gurgle and feel pain as the time limit for solving a puzzle approaches. "Must solve puzzle. Minute left. Intense pain. Argh! I GOT IT! By the eye of Orpheus and the Mandala's influence I now solve the puzzle! YEAH!"
You're supposed to watch series you might actually like. Not one you were sure you're going to hate.

Anyway, no idea what to make of this series yet since they didn't give me enough plot to work with and decide what I think of the universe yet. At any rate, nothing offended me enough to keep me from watching the next ep.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 15:22   Link #74
jcdietz03

Apparently a LOT of people have programmed Rush Hour games. The best way to understand is to play. There are many games like this one peppered throughout the web.

http://www.igoweb.org/~wms/rushHour/
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 17:11   Link #75
zeando
maybenotimome

^this one looks good too
http://eslus.com/Gizmos/rushour/rushHour.html

funny, i'm only stuck on the 10-11

Last edited by zeando; 2011-10-06 at 17:57.
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 18:48   Link #76
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
You're supposed to watch series you might actually like. Not one you were sure you're going to hate.

Anyway, no idea what to make of this series yet since they didn't give me enough plot to work with and decide what I think of the universe yet. At any rate, nothing offended me enough to keep me from watching the next ep.
I don't hate it, yet. I checked it because it's a Sunrise show. After watching the first episode, I'm definitely getting the Yugi-Oh vibe. I wonder if the supernatural element will become a major part of the series later on or if they'll just stick to Kaito solving puzzles episode after episode.

My enjoyment of the series totally relies on how zany it will get. The zanier, the better. This show has potential to become a silly good time but it also has the potential to become very boring.

Is he going to kill giant monsters by running on their backs and solving the puzzlez to remove their armor and blowing them up?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 00:48   Link #77
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think I'm stuck on the Rush Hour puzzle.

Old 2011-10-07, 01:07   Link #78
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I think I'm stuck on the Rush Hour puzzle.
I think the problem you've got is that you have one too many of the long vehicles. The truck-looking thing (the one that looks like a caravan, the one with the greatest height) in the preview looks to me like it only takes up 2 squares.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 07:22   Link #79
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Puzzle anime , why not ? it's been a while. Pretty cool episode.

Yugiho ? wth , are we watching the same anime.

Anyway , that guy who spend one day to solve a Sudoku sucks lol.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 08:40   Link #80
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
This series makes me wanna do some puzzles (like Rush Hour) in order to get off my chest.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote