AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 20 20.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 19.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 24.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 17.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 5.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.06%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-23, 00:06   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Guilty Crown - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Guilty Crown, Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-02-23, 12:14   Link #2
Kakkou
Tch.

Well, it wasn't as rage-inducing as last week.

Spoiler for episode:
Old 2012-02-23, 12:38   Link #3
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Well, it wasn't as rage-inducing as last week.

Spoiler for episode:
Holy Shit i was RIGHT!!!!!!! about every single prediction except for one for the is episode oh my god sometime i love karma but sometimes i also hate knowing what the status quo is in anime. I guess that what happens with 20 years of viewing anime.
Old 2012-02-23, 13:35   Link #4
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

For some reason, I couldn't remove the image of Felicia from Darkstalkers and Kerrigan from Starcraft when Inori charged in

"Decent" episode, although I wonder if it was really necessary to toss Arisa's gramps like that, especially how out of the left field he appeared there (it really seems that Tokyo became quite easily to sneak in, despite there was only 1 single entrance made so far).

But frankly, I'm more like puzzled by this "natural" felty of all soldiers to Gai: the inconditional loyalty displayed in this episode was more funny than I would expect. I would understand if he was basically Keido's right hand, but the way how they expressed their "mission/duty", it is as if Gai was the literal savior in this whole mess.
Old 2012-02-23, 14:40   Link #5
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I would understand if he was basically Keido's right hand, but the way how they expressed their "mission/duty", it is as if Gai was the literal savior in this whole mess.
Or they're brainwashed/being controlled, like Gai undoubtedly is.

And HELL ****ING YES, die bastard kids DIE! Just one left now, though it looks like Argo and Tsugumi have gotten off the hook. (well, there's still a chance Argo could die before series' end, but it looks like Tsugumi's going to make it, unless she dies with Daryl)
Old 2012-02-23, 14:42   Link #6
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
i would like to point out that after this episode i am more sure than ever that Arisa is not making it to the end of the show. She has just as many death flags waving in the wind as Hare did.
Old 2012-02-23, 14:55   Link #7
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
i would like to point out that after this episode i am more sure than ever that Arisa is not making it to the end of the show. She has just as many death flags waving in the wind as Hare did.
I can't belive what Gai say at the end ...come on you 're the fake and say something like this.
I happy thought about who is death...now what I want is that Shu go take back is girlfriend(can we say like this now right?)
And that Neo-Gai die
Old 2012-02-23, 15:04   Link #8
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I can't belive what Gai say at the end ...come on you 're the fake and say something like this.
I happy thought about who is death...now what I want is that Shu go take back is girlfriend(can we say like this now right?)
And that Neo-Gai die
I didnt understand all the dialog due to my nihongo still be limited. But this episode proved that this is not Gai. This Gai is the opposite of everything the original stood for. However, he has all of Gai's memories but its almost like his personality has been overwritten. So the body is real but the mind is fake.

Quote:
"Decent" episode, although I wonder if it was really necessary to toss Arisa's gramps like that, especially how out of the left field he appeared there (it really seems that Tokyo became quite easily to sneak in, despite there was only 1 single entrance made so far).

But frankly, I'm more like puzzled by this "natural" felty of all soldiers to Gai: the inconditional loyalty displayed in this episode was more funny than I would expect. I would understand if he was basically Keido's right hand, but the way how they expressed their "mission/duty", it is as if Gai was the literal savior in this whole
Im with you on this man. Why the hell did they feel the need to throw gramps into the mix this late in the game. The only reason i can think of is to complete Arisa turn to the other side by having her kill her own grandfather. However he did try to kill her first and he was a bad ass i wouldn't mess with him. However, Arisa did not seemed troubled by the fact she just killed her own grandfather.

Haruka ....well im not sure what to say here she seems to have the determination to do whatever it is shes going to do. But as the camera panned over and we see the pictures, she obviously still has a heart and she is still thinking of Shu, Mana and Gai. im more confused than ever. We have no clue why she is doing what she isor what and what her mind set is.

I agree with you on this crazy loyalty undying fanatical loyalty of these troops to Neo Gai. Gai is obviously just the puppet to get what Keido wants. Unless he ordered them to obey all commands from Gai. I just dont get it and it seems so fake as Arisa sudden loyalty to a organization and plan she knows nothing about. Her character is really pointless right now.
Old 2012-02-23, 15:10   Link #9
Soji

Sinestra@ True. Still I want him die and that shu take back Inori.Seriously can these two have a break?
Old 2012-02-23, 15:12   Link #10
Tenchi Hou Take

Wait so did Gai just become Japan's dictator?
Old 2012-02-23, 15:29   Link #11
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Wait so did Gai just become Japan's dictator?
That remains to be seen but at this point in time Neo Gai has.
-Rendered Shu useless and has isolated him
-Taken all the students that have Voids for himself
-Has pretty much the entire GHQ military at his disposal
-An elite special forces unit that displays fanatical loyalty to him (Arisa is now part of this unit)
-Captured Inori (I called this one i knew they still needed her)
-Completely and utterly annihilated the UN's pacific fleet.
-Japan is under GHQ control completely which would make either Neo Gai or Keido the undisputed ruler of Japan. No one has the power to oppose them at the moment.

I would also like to say goodbye to Scythe Void user girl. She was the one that showed loyalty to Shu and also was one of the ones that went with him during the charge to destroy the ghost system. Im not sure if she tried to take on Gai because of what he forced out several students Voids hence killing them or because he attacked Shu either way she was the only that tried to put a fight but Neo Gai showed another power of his. To turn any Void user in crystal with the wave of his hand.
Old 2012-02-23, 15:31   Link #12
Soji

Sinestra@ This made you wonder ...how the fuck Shu will take back Inori?O_o
Old 2012-02-23, 15:33   Link #13
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Rebel organsation style. Either that or use his new hand to hax/asspull his way through.
Old 2012-02-23, 15:36   Link #14
Trudinh

wait the episode is already out?? where u watch it?
Old 2012-02-23, 15:39   Link #15
Soji

Tenchi Hou Take@
Spoiler for spoiler:

But my question still the same ..I mean new hand or not that is to much only for him.
Old 2012-02-23, 15:43   Link #16
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Rebel organsation style. Either that or use his new hand to hax/asspull his way through.
Problem being Shu has no power right now and Inori is in the hands of Darth Gai. However Shu has proven that he can be resourceful. The way i see it in order for Shu to acquire his "Gods Hand" he needs to do a few things but he cant do it alone. Normally i would put this in the speculation thread but im using info based on the current episode.

-Link up with anyone who is still resisting (Tsugumi and the rest because they did not go with Gai and or get in touch with the UN and try to get some troops on the ground)
-formulate a plan
-Break into GHQ headquarters
-Take Inori back
-Figure out what the hell is going on so he can stop it once and for all
-Destroy the 3rd Genome even if it means killing Haruka
-POWA UP
-Destroy any and all data that would allow this type of shit to happen again. As a -matter just Destroy EVERYTHING
-PWN EVERYONE
-Fight Gai in a place where he wont any access to Void users and take his ass down like Obi wan kenobi took down Anikin Skywalker
-Tell anyone left alive like Ayase,Haruka,Tsugumi and anyone who screwed in the past to SUCK ONE and roll out.
-Find a quiet tropical island with Inori drink some Maitai's listen to some Egoist and get busy on the beach

These are just the basic things i thought of based on the information we got from the episode
Old 2012-02-23, 15:54   Link #17
Soji

Sinestra@ Well you're right .I don't think shu want to wait.Or try to gain their help.I mean he do know what they want to do with inori(he was there the first time ...in ep 12).
but i really do want that Shu and Inori gain their happy ending after all this crap tha they go through.
Old 2012-02-23, 15:55   Link #18
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Problem being Shu has no power right now and Inori is in the hands of Darth Gai. However Shu has proven that he can be resourceful. The way i see it in order for Shu to acquire his "Gods Hand" he needs to do a few things but he cant do it alone. Normally i would put this in the speculation thread but im using info based on the current episode.

Link up with anyone who is still resisting (Tsugumi and the rest because they did not go with Gai and or get in touch with the UN and try to get some troops on the ground)
formulate a plan
Break into GHQ headquarters
Take Inori back
Figure out what the hell is going on so he can stop it once and for all
POWA UP
Destroy any and all data that would allow this type of shit to happen again. As a matter just Destroy EVERYTHING
PWN EVERYONE

Fight Gai in a place where he wont any access to Void users and then beat his ass from Tokyo to Mt Fuji and then back again.

These are just the basic things i thought of
Logically most of that would happen if the writers bothered to develop this rescue plan properly though I don't see Shu defeating Gai without access to voids. Most probably they'll both have access to them, since that seems to be the natural progression of this story.
Old 2012-02-23, 15:57   Link #19
Soji

The first thing Shu need is take Inori back..For his own mental health then he can deal with this Neo Gai and the other.
Old 2012-02-23, 16:09   Link #20
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I'm for taking back Inori and his hand and getting the heck out of there. Let those idiots die.