AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-01, 15:10   Link #61
kitten320

Just because Gin cared for Rangiku doesn't make him a good person. If Rangiku didn't step in, he would have killed Momo back in SS arc. Gin doesn't give a damn about anyone, he is a manipulative sadist who would kill anyone.

Why didn't he kill Ichigo? Because Ichigo could kill Aizen, that's the only reason. Otherwise Gin would slaughter him.

Gin also cut Hiyori in half and if it was done in real life, Hiyori would be dead. Gin is evil!
Old 2012-04-01, 15:15   Link #62
Eragon
Still Alive

Is it just me or does somebody else also think it would have been better if he had killed Hinamori?
Old 2012-04-02, 03:55   Link #63
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea, that's fine. its beside the point I was making anyway in that gin feeling anything for her didn't make him good
No, it made him human. He's one of the most human character we've come across in the series. His actions are neither wholly good or wholly bad and he found a way to rationalize or justify them all. He's a complete grey area which is what makes him interesting as a character. Just as in real life, whatever actions or choices you make you will feel justified in making them and there will be those who condemn you for it.
Old 2012-04-02, 10:33   Link #64
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

So... A guy who achieved Bankai before the 2 oldest (and presumably strongest) captains apart from the Yamamoto was taken out in one hit by Ichigo?
Old 2012-04-02, 10:37   Link #65
Kafriel
Senior Guest

And don't forget, he had to call out his shikai, while the more "inexperienced" Renji could do it silently in an instant :P
Old 2012-04-02, 15:47   Link #66
Lendial

what the hell did his shikai even do? there used to be a time when zanpaktou abilities were fearsome.
Old 2012-04-02, 17:34   Link #67
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
wouldn't really matter... even surprised a captain should be fast enough to react to his moves and should be strong enough to take a punch. If any other captain had taken a punch like that, you could be sure they would still be standing. Hell that would have been a great way for Kubo to have forshadowed his strength; unlike the other VC's he would still be standing and would seem hardly phase and ready to fight (heh, maybe ichigo might even noticed he hurt his hand when he punched him; or maybe look at him and think "This guy...")... which is when Byakuya would decide to jump in denying whats-his-name a chance to show what he was really made of. He would have probably sparked a decent fanbase from all the fans that would start beliving that he was someone really powerful, much like unohana did
When has Unohana shown any strength besides her scarey kind stare.
Old 2012-04-02, 19:34   Link #68
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
When has Unohana shown any strength besides her scarey kind stare.
I wasn't being THAT specific with the comparison
My point was simply that Unohana developed a fanbase that has become eager to see her fight just by dropping the TINIEST hints that she is really, really strong.

Kubo could have done the same thing with Sasakibe, but slightly different in the method in that he could have just had him do something that hints to him being much stronger than the average VC.
Old 2012-04-02, 22:07   Link #69
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
No, it made him human. He's one of the most human character we've come across in the series. His actions are neither wholly good or wholly bad and he found a way to rationalize or justify them all. He's a complete grey area which is what makes him interesting as a character. Just as in real life, whatever actions or choices you make you will feel justified in making them and there will be those who condemn you for it.
well i disagree. gin was a sadist from what i see. how do you justify him mindraping rukia before she was put to death?
Old 2012-04-03, 06:43   Link #70
Eragon
Still Alive

^ Fun? But anyways except for that one act I don't see Gin as bad character. He did what he had to in order to fulfill his only goal in life - to kill Aizen. He had no delusions about what he was doing or what its consequences will be. That makes him, in my eyes, one of the better characters in Bleach.
Old 2012-04-03, 08:35   Link #71
kitten320

So killing everyone around just to get his hands on Aizen is justified? Gin is one of my fave characters but I do not consider those actions justified.

Would you forgive someone who slaughtered your family just because they happened to be there when someone was after revenge? I seriously doubt that.
Old 2012-04-03, 09:12   Link #72
Eragon
Still Alive

^ I'm not justifying his actions. Just saying that in my opinion he's not a bad character(or good for that matter).
Old 2012-04-03, 19:21   Link #73
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
So... A guy who achieved Bankai before the 2 oldest (and presumably strongest) captains apart from the Yamamoto was taken out in one hit by Ichigo?
yeah, doesnt make sense. Remember the execution stand had a power of 1 million zanpaktou? and Ichigo stopped it with one arm? Power levels have been messed for a while
Old 2012-04-04, 00:01   Link #74
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
yeah, doesnt make sense. Remember the execution stand had a power of 1 million zanpaktou? and Ichigo stopped it with one arm? Power levels have been messed for a while
well i could actually buy the 1 million zanpakutou level if they are basing it on the zanpakutou level of all the fodder shinigami in the lower ranks. those guys are beyond useless and just get creamed in waves whenever a slightly powerful enemy attacks. i could see 1 million of them adding up to ichigo's arm
Old 2012-04-04, 05:32   Link #75
kiak666

Spoilers pic are out:

Spoiler for 487:
Old 2012-04-04, 05:53   Link #76
sayde

The thread for chapter 487 has been created here. Please keep posts regarding that chapter in its respective thread from here on.
Closed Thread