AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-03-11, 13:36   Link #1
Gabo-san

Need some encoding help.

Ok, so I am encoding into XVID using 2pass. I'm using filters Textsub and Temporal smoother. The quality turns out great, but when the screen pans left or right the subtitles become somewhat distorted. I noticed AonE had the same problem in the past but I think they may have fixed it. Any ideas on what I should do?
Gabo-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 14:17   Link #2
lavalyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabo-san
Ok, so I am encoding into XVID using 2pass. I'm using filters Textsub and Temporal smoother. The quality turns out great, but when the screen pans left or right the subtitles become somewhat distorted. I noticed AonE had the same problem in the past but I think they may have fixed it. Any ideas on what I should do?
Temporal Smoother before Textsub?
lavalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 15:21   Link #3
dbzgundam
A-Blitz Founder/Encoder

yeah, what lavalyn said is correct.

Remember, if any cleaning filters are put after subtitles, it will treat the subs as part of the existing frame.

This also applies to resizing, which is why in some cases you may want to put subs before or after resizing. For example, when encoding VCD or DVD, you'll want to put the subs before resizing, so that they stretched to 720x480 and then put back to the correct scale during playback...

With any other resizing, (especially upscaling) you'll want to put the subs last on your script.
dbzgundam is offline   Reply With Quote