AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-23, 20:52   Link #1
AnimeAddictGoRabid
Peanut Butter Iz Awesome

Recomended Yaoi/Shonen-ai Series

Just post your favorite yaoi/shonen-ai series and the ones that you think are good reads
Simple, right?

GO YAOI FANGIRLS!
Old 2008-08-24, 16:55   Link #2
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

You may want to try Boku no picu, as according to Wikipedia, it is a shotacon yaoi anime. I haven't watched it myself, but the description on Wikipedia makes it sound interesting...

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Old 2008-08-24, 20:22   Link #3
fanshu

2 good ones i recently watched were

junjo romantica - yaoi of between a novel writer and his best friends little brother, season 1 complete
antique bakery - about 4 guys running a french bakery i believe 7 of the 12 episodes are subbed
Old 2008-08-25, 00:06   Link #4
eyysae
n00b -__-'

there isn't much in terms of shounen-ai / yaoi anime out there,

but junjou romantica just finished airing & it's second season is coming out in october.
the junjou romantica manga is really good (but a lot more risque!) as well. i believe up to volume 10 has been published in japan.

i also recommend anything written by YAMAGATA Satomi, her work is absolutely gorgeous & tastefully done. my favorite by her is honey baby.

uhhhh how... graphic is the yaoi that you read? i wouldn't want to recommend something that scars you for life

some good shounen ai series are Boy Princess, Not So Bad, & Summit (they're all manhwa though).

one thing you can do is go to http://www.mangaupdates.com/genres.html & click on "advanced search by genre"
you can find all sorts of shounen-ai & yaoi that fall into a lot of other categories (supernatural, fantasy, school life etc) too.
Old 2008-08-25, 07:16   Link #5
Coruja

My personal favourite is Ai no Kusabi, if you don't mind the fact that it is from 1992 (the animation is pretty good though, especially considering how most yaoi/shonen-ai series a have weird character design - this doesn't).

I wouldn't recommend Boku no Pico, which I hated, unless you are into yaoi where one of the guys looks like a prepubescent girl.
Old 2008-08-25, 09:31   Link #6
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
HONAMI Yukine also has some good books, not long series they exist out of one or 2 volumes most of the time, but the stories are sweet and more realistic

Yukine does the art but some of the authors she has worked with are quite good as well like KANNAGI Satoru

I bought Tenohira no Seiza/ Constellations in My Palm and I loved it
Rin! has 2 volumes and is finished but is also very cute, it isn't too graphical and detailed

Boku no Picu I only recommend if you like boys X3 I saw both parts and the only thing I found a little meh was the fact that they looked so young

And I'm thirding Junjou manga, I started reading when the anime was anounced and I didn't really like the first chapter but it got so addicting after that X3 whieh
Old 2010-12-29, 00:33   Link #7
Loveless17
The Beautiful Disaster

Loveless, Gravitation, Monochrome Factor, Papa to kiss in the Dark, Kirepapa, and junjou romantica are all AMAZING <3
Old 2010-12-29, 21:45   Link #8
Akuma Kousaka
The iDOL(ove Live!)M@STER

Send a message via AIM to Akuma Kousaka
It's a manwha, but try Demon Diary. Seriously.
GANBARIMASU
Closed Thread