AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-02-05, 01:54   Link #4761
virox

Alright, thanks, I just finished reading chapter three. That was... really beautiful.
I have to admit, I didn't read any of the other novels, so I've got a question which raises concern, really...
Shana asked Yoshida to recreate that letter Yuuji wrote, saying "Just say what you want to say, I'll listen."
I... I can't remember something like that at all, am I right to assume that this was omitted in the anime?
Can anyone tell me what this was about?
And if it was omitted in the anime, how do you think it will affect the final scene?
Thanks in advance...
I'll be crying a little now, that was simply to beautiful.
Please, J.C.Staff, please adapt that scene properly, including the song Shana sung.
I beg you
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 03:41   Link #4762
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Send a message via MSN to Kochiya
s1 and 2 of the anime DOES NOT follow the novels. They eliminated Dantalion's arc, the flashback arc to Mathilde, and a lot of minor details. Even s3 isn't entirely innocent from this.

But then, it is J.C. Staff. They do that with light novel adaptations A LOT, trust me.
Kochiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 06:29   Link #4763
Elf song

I'd rather say MOST of them.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 08:56   Link #4764
virox

Thanks, but that's not what I asked, as I am well aware of that.
I want to know what this piece of paper was about and if there was anything similar to that in the anime, because I am concerned about the transition of that final scene.
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 09:14   Link #4765
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

You know, reading the last part of chapter 3 really reminded me of 優しい忘却. Ahh, good times.

As for the final scene, I believed that was included in the anime somewhere in the beginning. Someone check it out for me.

Shana adaptation by JC staff wasn't that bad, as compared to Index, or worse, a 2002 adaptation...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 02:55   Link #4766
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
You know, reading the last part of chapter 3 really reminded me of 優しい忘却. Ahh, good times.

As for the final scene, I believed that was included in the anime somewhere in the beginning. Someone check it out for me.

Shana adaptation by JC staff wasn't that bad, as compared to Index, or worse, a 2002 adaptation...
Yeah...the OP I believe...

Honestly this is one of JC's better adaptations....

Now, if only they can pull of the same for the next Index....
Old 2012-02-08, 07:43   Link #4767
AP24

JC Staff usually provides the best light novel adaptation to their biggest project of the year. Though I wish they had started this from 2005 when the first season of the anime came out.

There are a lot of scenes from vol 1-15 that I wish I could've seen them in the anime. Like Shana could have been more kawaii in the first season if they had adapted it better.

I'm just glad that the final season has been adapted a lot better like they had done with the Index series. The final scenes in the last volume are the ones that I want to see.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 14:11   Link #4768
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
JC Staff usually provides the best light novel adaptation to their biggest project of the year. Though I wish they had started this from 2005 when the first season of the anime came out.

There are a lot of scenes from vol 1-15 that I wish I could've seen them in the anime. Like Shana could have been more kawaii in the first season if they had adapted it better.

I'm just glad that the final season has been adapted a lot better like they had done with the Index series. The final scenes in the last volume are the ones that I want to see.
In season I they changed a lot of important scenes... When I read the novels it made me sad

I make your final sentence mine!

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 16:29   Link #4769
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yeah...the OP I believe...

Honestly this is one of JC's better adaptations....

Now, if only they can pull of the same for the next Index....
I personally believe it's because the author was hired to supervise. Which, with him around and monitoring things. We have a completely dedicated light novel adaption. Otherwise, we would have been expecting Anime Original scenes everywhere. The ending for the novels just HAS to be placed... If they make an Anime Original for this one.. I'll forever hate J.C. Staff.
Old 2012-02-10, 20:43   Link #4770
elleinad00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I personally believe it's because the author was hired to supervise. Which, with him around and monitoring things. We have a completely dedicated light novel adaption. Otherwise, we would have been expecting Anime Original scenes everywhere. The ending for the novels just HAS to be placed... If they make an Anime Original for this one.. I'll forever hate J.C. Staff.
Yeah me too....

and yeah by the way for me Index really have a story plot... so I think I understand if they can't make it really that good but still SAY NO TO ANIME ORIGINALS!! ESPECIALLY FOR SHAKUGAN NO SHANA III!! THEY MUST END IT BEAUTIFULLY THAT WAYY......
elleinad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 21:25   Link #4771
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Send a message via MSN to Kochiya
Actually I just want more side stories and extras and cameos. The Shanaverse still has so much more to offer. ETERNAL SONG FOR MOVIE WHO'S WITH ME
Kochiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 01:51   Link #4772
edgelesspigeon

Hey, just for the heads up I think chapter of Vol. XXII of Shakugan no Shana at Baka-Tsuki has been completely translated, despite the "20%" finished tag on it. Can anyone confirm?
edgelesspigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 02:01   Link #4773
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgelesspigeon View Post
Hey, just for the heads up I think chapter of Vol. XXII of Shakugan no Shana at Baka-Tsuki has been completely translated, despite the "20%" finished tag on it. Can anyone confirm?
No....

Looks damn long but that's coz the chapter really IS that long

Replicate this length 4 more times and you'll get the final thing
Old 2012-02-12, 02:15   Link #4774
edgelesspigeon

Wow...just wow.
edgelesspigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 03:13   Link #4775
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochiya View Post
ETERNAL SONG FOR MOVIE WHO'S WITH ME
Sorry if this question seems so silly. Perhaps, you and Cosmic Eagle can briefly explain to non-novel readers, like me, why Eternal Song is so special. Thus, we can get to appreciate it in the same way you do.

Thank you for the explanation.
Old 2012-02-12, 04:37   Link #4776
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Why?

It's an entire storyline on its own about the war against Toten Glocke with plenty of tragedy and romance

It provides so much insight into the war with Bal Masque, the plan of the Snake, and the wishes of the Tomogara.

Most importantly, we see here plenty of insights into who's right and wrong in the struggle between Flame Haze and Tomogara
Old 2012-02-12, 07:12   Link #4777
Senshigeia

I want Eternal Song too!!

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 09:29   Link #4778
alvinkhorfire

Thank you for your information as always, Cosmic Eagle. If I am not mistaken, both you and Kochiya prefer Eternal Song over the main story of Shakugan no SHANA. Thus, it has to be very special for you two to feel that way. I am glad that your crystal clear explanation has definitely enlightened non-novel readers, like me.

Even though it does not involve Shana and Yuji, I do not mind an additional Shana movie narrating Eternal Song. The more Shana anime, the better. I just could not believe that Season 3 will soon conclude. Sigh, all good things must come to an end.
Old 2012-02-12, 09:52   Link #4779
elleinad00

ETERNAL SONG!! me want to see it too~
elleinad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 10:17   Link #4780
Nietono no Shana
Godsword

^Agree. I want Eternal Song to see, too!!
Nietono no Shana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen