AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-31, 05:03   Link #481
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kageh
But if you really want to be anal about it, none of the details behind Kira's creation were covered except for the fact that he came from an artificial womb. For all we know, every single one of his genes could have been engineered to be superior to that of a normal human being. There's no way to tell based on just watching the series alone.
ahem, copyright
i better get my licensing fees from you or i will set my legion of lawyers on you
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 05:57   Link #482
DwArD
mAnIaC

Hmm...in the preview, they talk about what Shinn will do with his new-found powers. To protect someone? I guess we'll find out later on in the series. Damn....I can't stand a week without GSD. Just when Kira is about to appear. I better hope I'm still able to download animes. Singapore government gonna start catching people using bt to download illegal stuffs.......
Old 2004-12-31, 06:45   Link #483
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Am I the only person who is dissapointed with Windam's performance so far?

How come these so called high spec mobile suits literally die like flies?

I think they need larger shields, or pilots who know how to use them... or both.
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 06:58   Link #484
darketernity
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
Remember Freedom versus Forbidden? Kira fires his beam cannons. No effect. Kira fires his cannons again. No effect. Remember Freedom versus Calamity? Kira closes to pointblank range, and instead of blowing the head, or upper body off, Kira fires his rail cannons into the transphase armour equipped mobile suit.

Now remember how Kira beat Raww? With a double-bladed beam saber. The problem is he stabbed with, and the other end of the saber was pointed towards Freedom. Sorry folks, but that's just not cool, it's stupid. Seriously, I suspect the only reason this attack worked was because Raww was too busy going,"WTF? That's stupid," to dodge the attack.
The situation with Forbidden is properly with that no-kill policy that Kira and Athrun always went on until the final battle. This is seen in episode 39 clearly as when Raider's pilot was like oh crap, Freedom takes out his saber then flys pass him and then Justice comes to just knee him . Plus the animation guys were lazy, I mean you can see Athrun doing the same firing in one scene, then later a grunt pilot trys it , what are they expecting? maybe get lucky and one of the shots will go through?

Yes, its a sad case with the villains getting always surpised as Providence had no more close range weapons and Kira just fly in while still being blasted by the dragoons while Raww was liking to be thinking "how come I can't hit this guy, rats theres goes my other arm". Same thing happen to Shani as once his shield were knocked back, then Duel came for the kill, he was having the same WTF! moment then died after Yzak's two slashes.

I'm guessing with the ultimate coordinator bit, I would have to agree it would be properly because he would have the potential to be better, I'm not saying he is the best of the best but one would think he would have an advantage over others as I doubt Kira's dad would sacrifice all those sibling if he was gotta achieved something that wasn't special and that Raww was so busy talking about people "if they found out, people would want to be like you" in the last episode. I think the term all genes needed would be a better term than superior genes as Kira has all the needed genes that were neccessary.

Plus there has to be "something" different as I quote from episode 45,
Kira's mum "the ultimate coordinator?"
"is that going to bring him happiness?"
Kira's dad "mankind has always strived to surpass itself"
"because there is happiness in being better!"

So then again, I could be wrong but I think going by that, there should be a difference while seeing the series, looks like its comes down to potential as Kira's piloting skills increase greatly and he could get out of situations that even ellite pilots can't do(as they should have been trained to use mobile suits well and should be great at it as they were pick to be the best as their ellites) like the desert scene. I know Kira was good at computer programming but I think his potential made him one of the best at it, not saying other coordinators can't reach the level and done the same but he went into Strike and then equal or surpass guys who have a higher experience level very quickly.
darketernity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 08:26   Link #485
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darketernity
I'm guessing with the ultimate coordinator bit, I would have to agree it would be properly because he would have the potential to be better, I'm not saying he is the best of the best but one would think he would have an advantage over others as I doubt Kira's dad would sacrifice all those sibling if he was gotta achieved something that wasn't special and that Raww was so busy talking about people "if they found out, people would want to be like you" in the last episode. I think the term all genes needed would be a better term than superior genes as Kira has all the needed genes that were neccessary.

Plus there has to be "something" different as I quote from episode 45,
Kira's mum "the ultimate coordinator?"
"is that going to bring him happiness?"
Kira's dad "mankind has always strived to surpass itself"
"because there is happiness in being better!"

So then again, I could be wrong but I think going by that, there should be a difference while seeing the series, looks like its comes down to potential as Kira's piloting skills increase greatly and he could get out of situations that even ellite pilots can't do(as they should have been trained to use mobile suits well and should be great at it as they were pick to be the best as their ellites) like the desert scene. I know Kira was good at computer programming but I think his potential made him one of the best at it, not saying other coordinators can't reach the level and done the same but he went into Strike and then equal or surpass guys who have a higher experience level very quickly.
I'll quote my previous posts on this
Quote:
Remember what Kreuze said, people want to be better, so they make their children into coordinators, however sometimes the children come out not as good as they intended, or even still borns, because of some random factors from the mothers. That makes people sad and angry. That's why Dr. Hibiki designs the artificial womb.
Quote:
He's ultimate coordinator because he comes from artificial womb, and so far that's the only officially confirmed difference between Kira and other coordinators. And the artificial womb just makes sure that Kira can be born as intended, however that doesn't mean all coordinators born from natural wombs are not born as intended. Natural wombs have the possibility of affecting the embryo growth in a bad way, and artificial womb completely eliminates that possibility. However it doesn't mean natural womb doesn't have the possibility of giving birth to a coordinator as intended without affecting the embryo growth in any bad way.
Sure when people knows about Kira, they'll all want to make new babies in artificial wombs instead of natural wombs, because it completely eliminates any chance of failure, and guarantees that the baby comes out as intended. And to Dr. Hibiki, artificial womb is definitely a better alternative than natural womb.

For Kira beating enemies in MS, well, have to say that he's the main protagonist after all. As pointed out by others above, Lowe has beaten many enemies that's stronger than him, but he's neither ultimate coordinator nor ultimate natural, he's just the main protagonist of Astray. And AFAIK, Lowe has pulled quite some much more awesome fights than Kira. Kira never really beat anyone in a mobile weapon better than his. Freedom + METEOR makes perhaps the most powerful mobile weapon to date. Lowe is different, he's a natural, but he has beaten quite some coordinator enemies in superior mobile weapons than his. Oh and he even custom mods his mobile suit himself to make it better and better. So does that make Lowe the "Ultimate Being"?

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-12-31 at 08:47.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 09:39   Link #486
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

But if it's only that why bother to make an entire ep about kira's origins.He was in an
artificial whomb,so what?
Old 2004-12-31, 10:05   Link #487
dreamless

So Kreuze can prove his point that humans will do anything and everything for their own desires, and is heading towards self-destruction with technologies against nature? why bother to make an entire episode for it, that's something to ask Fukuda. As far as I'm concerned, any single episode of Kino no Tabi packs more meanings than the entire 50 episodes of SEED.
Old 2004-12-31, 10:14   Link #488
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Hmm...in the preview, they talk about what Shinn will do with his new-found powers. To protect someone? I guess we'll find out later on in the series. Damn....I can't stand a week without GSD. Just when Kira is about to appear. I better hope I'm still able to download animes. Singapore government gonna start catching people using bt to download illegal stuffs.......
lol........its not start catching....they started some time ago...and now companies that produce anime vcds that have crappy subbing at best are complaining to the authorities.......i'm probably going to stop using bit and get it from the Chan directly...u should do the same too...especially if you're a heavy bit user

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
For Kira beating enemies in MS, well, have to say that he's the main protagonist after all. As pointed out by others above, Lowe has beaten many enemies that's stronger than him, but he's neither ultimate coordinator nor ultimate natural, he's just the main protagonist of Astray. And AFAIK, Lowe has pulled quite some much more awesome fights than Kira. Kira never really beat anyone in a mobile weapon better than his. Freedom + METEOR makes perhaps the most powerful mobile weapon to date. Lowe is different, he's a natural, but he has beaten quite some coordinator enemies in superior mobile weapons than his. Oh and he even custom mods his mobile suit himself to make it better and better. So does that make Lowe the "Ultimate Being"?
I think that Freedom+Meteor is the worse melee ms combination ever possible.....sure it absolutely rocks when used to take out Multiple Missles but if you're going to go melee......i'll discard Meteor and just use my Beam Saber......

Still...i wonder if Athrun and Kira have ever considered the possibility that the Meteor unit they leave behind may get picked up by some grunt who was close by and got lucky...seeing an ungarded Meteor unit there
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 10:18   Link #489
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

Sorry...double post
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 10:38   Link #490
Takemi_Ikazuchi

The morale of the story is: Kira maybe genetically flawless, but there are people of imperfect genes who can still kick his ass.
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 12:02   Link #491
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
The morale of the story is: Kira maybe genetically flawless, but there are people of imperfect genes who can still kick his ass.
And on that note, I believe that a conclusion has been reached.

So just to change the subject: Windams freaking suck, well that pilots do anyway. Well, perhaps I'm being harsh, since both ZAFT and EA have to stock their MS forces with mainly rookies now. So it's kinda like the battle of A Baoa Qu situaion where Zeon only had rookie pilots to staff their state of the art, even better than the Gundam, Gelgoogs. Except there's no big battle, yet.

On another note a few random things: the Zamzazar pilots don't wear the standard EA pilot suit, they wear the ones that's reserved for the druggies. Interesting.

Old Unato is a smart bastard. Getting Uzumi to marry off his daughter. Making Cagalli his puppet ruler. And ensuring that he will have more power than anyone else in Orb, with th eventual aforementioned marriage.

Also what's with Cags, seems everytime there's an authoritative male voice she backs down, from whatever she was arguing. Kisaka and Uzumi did it in Seed. And Shinn, and Yuna just did it in episode 12.

Luna-chan got a kill! Only four more to go.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 12:20   Link #492
Viddern

I really liked ep 12, shinn kicks ass, and great music all the wya through!
Shinn going SEED is also great!
I disagree that SEED mode is just a plot device (although it is, because they didn't figure out what they wanted the SEED in GundamSEED tp mean untill after they started production).
Superior Evolution Element Destined-Factor, right?
SEED people are people who can go beyond everyone else, they're the first links to the next stage of evolution, natural evolution that is, with out messing with your genes like Corrdinators do.
Shinn taking out the MA was awesome, he was doing poorly first but with SEED mode and the recharge he takes it down no sweat by charging through itgs defenses and slicing the cockpit. I think the reason he did porrely against it first was he was trying to defeat it but after SEED he realized he just needed to take out the pilots. He didn't take out the whole fleet, jsut a handful of ships, with the other Wingdams destoryed (we can assume they were, or they withdrawed for a full test of the MA) the remained fleet had no defense against Impulse, or rather nothing to slow him down (cause the wingdams, while looking cool, suck), so they withrdraw and pray to god that there out of the Impluses jumping range.

We also get to see the reall power of the PS-armor, the EA ships are nothing to Impulse. Very nice to see the Recharge thing atleast.

What makes impulse really good is not that its a gundam, its that Shinn is one fo the rare pilots who can bring out its full potential as a weapon, like Kira, or like Athran after SEED mode.

I'm looking forward to see the stolen Gundams in action again, clearly their superior to the normal suits, like the orginal X-GAT weapons were to the Ginn's, but their pilots don't bring out there full potential, there jsut relaly good pilots, dmand rugs.

Also, The girl with Bartfeldt-san, isn't it Erica Simmons (Morgenrate enigeer), not Murrue?

Sorry for the huge long post, its my firs tone and i jsut read through the first 4 pages of this topic...

Eddited - whole, just saw after i posted, 25 pages of posts, not gonna bother reading al those... Also, when back through screen shots, i guess the girl with Barteldt is Murrue, jsut in a red jacket similar to Ericas. I sitll think i'd be better isf it was Erica, I wonder what happened to her, and where her child is (Wehre did she send it when she went to space in SEED?)
Viddern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 12:23   Link #493
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viddern
Also, The girl with Bartfeldt-san, isn't it Erica Simmons (Morgenrate enigeer), not Murrue?
No, it's Murrue. Erica hasn't shown up yet. Also, the official spelling is Waltfeld.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 12:23   Link #494
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Location: No 1746 Ecchi Street, Postcode 1337, Kingdom Of Hentai.
Quote:
Luna-chan got a kill! Only four more to go.
Luna-Chan???? Only four more to Go??? Remind me not to annoy her or there will be the fifth one that she blasts with gunnery wizard pack or whatever. Hey how come cagalli is like um *sigh* um uhh "WEAK"? in GSD. i saw that she always looses to anybody that has authority tone voice especially with the male character.
2Die4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 12:26   Link #495
Viddern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherazade
No, it's Murrue. Erica hasn't shown up yet. Also, the official spelling is Waltfeld.
Ah, I'd seen that spelling before, but i think i prefer Bartfeldt, sounds more like tis pronouced to me. Like Asaran. (The english voice actors butch the names)

Thanks for poitned it out.
Viddern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 13:43   Link #496
Epi
Otaku++

It's obvious that Kira and Athrun are the best 2 pilots out there bar none. I mean they piloted MS+Meteor and didn't die. Have you seen how big the meteor is? I saw a model of it, it's like 5x the size maybe more than a MS. Yet still they fought 3 druggies without really getting hit. That's like dodging in a Hummer compared to everyone else in a Civic and still not getting hit!

And yea, why'd they make Ramius look so much like Erica Simmons? She's even wearing the same jacket in the ED at Erica wore if I'm correct. I wouldn't have even realized that she wasn't Erica if I didn't read this board. I was sad my favorite GS character didn't come back
Epi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 14:04   Link #497
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epi
It's obvious that Kira and Athrun are the best 2 pilots out there bar none. I mean they piloted MS+Meteor and didn't die. Have you seen how big the meteor is? I saw a model of it, it's like 5x the size maybe more than a MS. Yet still they fought 3 druggies without really getting hit. That's like dodging in a Hummer compared to everyone else in a Civic and still not getting hit!
Reaction time, and the abilty to dodge stuff, doesn't make one the best pilot out here.

Your claim is a matter of opinion, and it would be true if Fukuda and his crew were the sole creative force in the Seedverse, but they're not. Anyone that reads Astray, or knows anything about the Seed MSV characters, and actually thinks instead of believing, ULTIMATE COORDINATER PWNS ALL, knows that Lowe, or Gai would give those punk kids a real good run for their money, and IMO they would win, if it came down to it.

Last edited by Raxtenko; 2004-12-31 at 14:14.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 14:11   Link #498
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viddern
Ah, I'd seen that spelling before, but i think i prefer Bartfeldt, sounds more like tis pronouced to me. Like Asaran. (The english voice actors butch the names)

Thanks for poitned it out.
Um, no they don't, it seems that you don't really understand the Japanese language. You're taking the fansubs as the "correct" spellings. Unless you are speaking in Japanese, Athrun will NEVER sound like "asuran". There are certain limitations to the language that require that sounds be pronounced a little differently. Andy's last name is pronounced "valtfeld", it's a German name so it's spelled Waltfeld. In Japanese, there is no "v" so it has to be phonetically spelled with the "b" syllable "ba". Furthermore, almost all syllables have to end in a vowel, the only exception is the "n" syllable, which is why the katakana says "barutoferudo", but the name is still Waltfeld.

Even Japanese magazines romanize it as "Athrun". It just can't pronounced that way in Japanese because of the afore mentioned limitations. It's tough to pick an choose what you are going to use in the original Japanese what you'll use in Romanized "butchered" form. You use Impulse, Saviour, Freedom, Strike, etc. but that's not how they are spelled in katakana [inparusu, seibaa, furidamu, sutoraiku, etc.]. If you're going to use the romanized mecha names, may as well use Bandai America's official character name spellings.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 14:26   Link #499
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epi
Why do you even need to dodge? MS + METEOR can practically blast everything into oblivion before they can ever reach you, it has 77 missile launchers, 4 battleship class beam cannons, and two HUGE beam swords, it's a Mobile Fortress. It's the enemies that should be trying to dodge, not you. Not to mention it has big thrusters so the whole thing actually has increased speed. Give Yzak Freedom + METEOR and he'll pwn more than Kira. Maybe you need to see Gundam 0083 and the GP-03D vs. Neue Ziel, that's truly the clash of the Titans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei_Ikari
I think that Freedom+Meteor is the worse melee ms combination ever possible.....sure it absolutely rocks when used to take out Multiple Missles but if you're going to go melee......i'll discard Meteor and just use my Beam Saber......
why do you even need to go into melee with Freedom + METEOR? you are faster than everyone else, you have more firepower than everyone else, and you have those giant beam sword that can slash battleships into halves, and the rain down missiles at everyone around you.
Old 2004-12-31, 14:27   Link #500
SlugZilla
woofles

Actually Waltfeld can be spelled correctly in Japanese, but they chose not to.
Here is what it would be ヴァルトフェルド
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote