Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-09-10, 09:57   Link #30761
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
GunPla-Builders wasn't a full-fledged show or a OVA that had anything to do story-wise with any of the other shows.
That's true. But I think right now and for a year or 2 more, we're gonna see only MG's from Wing, Seed, Seed Destiny, and UC stuff like Unicorn or maybe Origins?
Old 2013-09-10, 11:40   Link #30762
Providenceangle

I doubt MGs will come(Considering they are kitbashes). If it's something new, or there is a really high popularity in Japan, for the show, you may see some specialty MG.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 12:16   Link #30763
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
I doubt MGs will come(Considering they are kitbashes). If it's something new, or there is a really high popularity in Japan, for the show, you may see some specialty MG.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Besides, the show is aimed towards kids, most of whom are ok with SD and HG.
Old 2013-09-10, 13:34   Link #30764
Knight-of-Gold

Yet we get these kitbashes in HG form. The fact of what they are makes no difference, the popularity of the series will determine what gets released.
I can just easily refute the reasoning for stuff like MG Exia trans-am as its just a dumb recolour.

If build fighters features MGs in the story then real versions have a chance of appearing.
I would certainly buy a MG Wing Fenice
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 13:47   Link #30765
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
Yet we get these kitbashes in HG form. The fact of what they are makes no difference, the popularity of the series will determine what gets released.
I can just easily refute the reasoning for stuff like MG Exia trans-am as its just a dumb recolour.

If build fighters features MGs in the story then real versions have a chance of appearing.
I would certainly buy a MG Wing Fenice
But would you want something from Build Fighter to get a MG over something from Seed, Seed Destiny, Wing EW, Unicorn, Origins, X, G, etc?

I think Gundam X is more likely to get MGs than Build Fighter.
Old 2013-09-10, 14:02   Link #30766
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
But would you want something from Build Fighter to get a MG over something from Seed, Seed Destiny, Wing EW, Unicorn, Origins, X, G, etc?

I think Gundam X is more likely to get MGs than Build Fighter.
Not too sure about that, Bandai will probably push kits while the iron is hot, like they did for the AGE MG's despite how the show fared

I DO acknowledge what has been said before about not much MG kits due to the kitbashing, BUT I wont be surprised to at least see a Build Strike using most of the new Strike RM mold and perhaps small MG packs (like for the MG Victory Dash core fighter and weapons) for these new weapon packs (which would then be compatible somehow with their respective kits, also forcing the purchase of already released kits like the Gundam Mk. II and Zaku II. And who knows, maybe they would release a MG X Gundam to coincide with this series)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 17:04   Link #30767
Knight-of-Gold

Meh, turned out to be fanart.

Last edited by Knight-of-Gold; 2013-09-10 at 18:18.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 17:07   Link #30768
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Looks cool!!!
Old 2013-09-10, 17:57   Link #30769
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I don't like Snow White's V-fin. Not because of the naked-girl carving, but the whole V-fin looks like a melting candle or clay-craft made by a grade-schooler .
Old 2013-09-10, 18:06   Link #30770
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don't like Snow White's V-fin. Not because of the naked-girl carving, but the whole V-fin looks like a melting candle or clay-craft made by a grade-schooler .
yea! looks like wing gundam zero els ver or something..lol
Old 2013-09-10, 19:26   Link #30771
Providenceangle

Quote:
I don't like Snow White's V-fin. Not because of the naked-girl carving, but the whole V-fin looks like ass
Glad I'm not the only one who thought that haha
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 01:04   Link #30772
Skye629

Quote:
yea! looks like wing gundam zero els ver or something..lol
Its not even official......and its a rather badly designed V-fin, even for a fanart

On another note ppl:

Nice, the wings/binders can turn forward normally to look more like a standard flight pack and the beams appear to be "new"?, note the longer than usual length found in normal round beams (commonly found in HGUC), yet different (rounder and wider at bottom) compared to longer round beams like those found in the HG 00 GNX's

Old 2013-09-12, 09:40   Link #30773
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Spoiler:

Anyone else annoyed with this from the MG Strike Rouge Ootori?

>_<
Old 2013-09-12, 10:32   Link #30774
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Not me. That foil stickers-sheet is mostly for the Otori Pack, and since I don’t give a damn about that messy pack, I couldn’t care less about those stickers (except for the eyes & cameras, of course). Also, the yellow on the Otori’s wings looks bad anyway, so I’m glad that I have the option to not apply it .
Old 2013-09-12, 11:31   Link #30775
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
^ Not me. That foil stickers-sheet is mostly for the Otori Pack, and since I don’t give a damn about that messy pack, I couldn’t care less about those stickers (except for the eyes & cameras, of course). Also, the yellow on the Otori’s wings looks bad anyway, so I’m glad that I have the option to not apply it .
I guess. But if Bandai is going to go to the trouble of designing and making the Ootori Pack, why did they get so damn lazy with a MG to depend on stickers?
Old 2013-09-12, 13:07   Link #30776
Skye629

Quote:
I guess. But if Bandai is going to go to the trouble of designing and making the Ootori Pack, why did they get so damn lazy with a MG to depend on stickers?
Because its a half-assed color swap cash grab?
Old 2013-09-12, 13:20   Link #30777
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
That’s coz IMO the Otori Pack is a product of Bandai’s half-assed (if not desperate) attempt. Otori Pack is only used to bait the consumers to buy both MG Rouge RM and MG Aile Strike RM if they want to get the normal Rouge RM with the Aile Pack. It’s also meant that the old MG Rouge can still sell coz it has the normal Aile Pack instead of the Otori Pack which made Bandai a happy company.
Old 2013-09-12, 15:02   Link #30778
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
That’s coz IMO the Otori Pack is a product of Bandai’s half-assed (if not desperate) attempt. Otori Pack is only used to bait the consumers to buy both MG Rouge RM and MG Aile Strike RM if they want to get the normal Rouge RM with the Aile Pack. It’s also meant that the old MG Rouge can still sell coz it has the normal Aile Pack instead of the Otori Pack which made Bandai a happy company.

Makes sense since originally I was going to take one of the extra RM Ver. Aile Packs (remember I bought 4 to display as Strike, Aile Strike, Sword Strike) so I'll actually end up with 2 extra so of that 2, I guess one will go to the Strike Rouge RM Ver.

I think it would've been better if Bandai just did the Ootori Pack as an online exclusive and just released the Strike Rouge RM Ver. with the same Aile Pack that the Aile Strike RM Ver. got..
Old 2013-09-12, 19:19   Link #30779
maknaedik

Makes me want to buy a scrap of MG Aile Strike RM's bagpack and attach it instead. Specially that I have the Sword/Launcher RM packs

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 20:05   Link #30780
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Makes me want to buy a scrap of MG Aile Strike RM's bagpack and attach it instead. Specially that I have the Sword/Launcher RM packs
That's why I went a bit berserk a while back. What do I mean?

I got:

- Launcher/Sword Online Exclusive Set
- 4x MG Aile Strike RM Ver.
---> Strike
---> Aile Strike
---> Sword Strike
---> Launcher Strike

That means I have 2 of the RM Ver. Aile Pack parts left over.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy