AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-04-02, 15:02   Link #21
AntonKutovoi

It might look better than Berserk, but it’s still a rape of Tetsuo Hara’s great art.
Old 2018-04-02, 15:32   Link #22
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
The Animation is everywhere, at times looks decent, at times looks worse that a PS2 game...is everywhere but far better subpar Berserk, but the plotline is nice, hope the animation improve and not decrease
Have you ever watched the other works of the studio? like Ajin or Sidonia no Kishi?

At least in these works there was consistency in the episodes, of course, some looked much better than others, but there was no visible decline in the quality of the series. I can not imagine that this will start now.

Quote:
It might look better than Berserk, but it’s still a rape of Tetsuo Hara’s great art.
If Berserk's only problem was animation and art, it would still be watchable....
Old 2018-04-02, 16:40   Link #23
ScrewySquirrel

this animation is almost unwatchable: The faces don't emote, the animation is stiff, the action is offscreen as if it was still '80s hand drawn style, and it seems half of it is Kenshiro standing still looking smug.

Spoiler for spoilered for size and spoiler content:
Old 2018-04-02, 17:19   Link #24
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

That isn't a fucking Neck.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
Old 2018-04-02, 18:06   Link #25
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Have you ever watched the other works of the studio? like Ajin or Sidonia no Kishi?

At least in these works there was consistency in the episodes, of course, some looked much better than others, but there was no visible decline in the quality of the series. I can not imagine that this will start now.

If Berserk's only problem was animation and art, it would still be watchable....
What they make Sidonia..it doesn't look like that at all. SERIOUSLY what happened to the studio? still yeah 3D anime still is years to be decent
Old 2018-04-02, 19:09   Link #26
ScrewySquirrel

whats bad is this is just months after the beauty that was Land of the Lustrous
Old 2018-04-02, 19:11   Link #27
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
What they make Sidonia..it doesn't look like that at all. SERIOUSLY what happened to the studio? still yeah 3D anime still is years to be decent
Personally, what I'm looking forward to is the action scenes, Ajin's fights were better and more creative than most 2D animes in my opinion, it's in this respect that this studio stands out.

Quote:
3D anime still is years to be decent
Bro, Houseki no Kuni already got it and more.

Quote:
whats bad is this is just months after the beauty that was Land of the Lustrous
a friend of mine thinks boku no hero is mediocre because it can not maintain the quality of OPM, here in this forum boku no hero is one of the most praised animes, just because Souten no Ken has not yet shown a level of CG of the same level of Houseki no Kuni it should be discarded? We still did not even see what the direction of the anime, or the soundtrack, or how they will be worked great battles, was just the first episode. If the CG was horrible like the one used in Inuyashiki or Berserk I would agree 100% on the criticism, but did not show it.

If grandiose animation and art were the only quality that mattered, then 90% of anime would not be watched, Saiki should not even have a topic of discussion, or Gintama.
Old 2018-04-02, 22:39   Link #28
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Personally, what I'm looking forward to is the action scenes, Ajin's fights were better and more creative than most 2D animes in my opinion, it's in this respect that this studio stands out.

Bro, Houseki no Kuni already got it and more.

a friend of mine thinks boku no hero is mediocre because it can not maintain the quality of OPM, here in this forum boku no hero is one of the most praised animes, just because Souten no Ken has not yet shown a level of CG of the same level of Houseki no Kuni it should be discarded? We still did not even see what the direction of the anime, or the soundtrack, or how they will be worked great battles, was just the first episode. If the CG was horrible like the one used in Inuyashiki or Berserk I would agree 100% on the criticism, but did not show it.

If grandiose animation and art were the only quality that mattered, then 90% of anime would not be watched, Saiki should not even have a topic of discussion, or Gintama.
The one episode we have to base anything on runs from decent to godawful. With the worst bits being the fights so far. Which is a problem since the fights are what people are looking forward to.

Actually leaving the CG out of it the direction in the first episode was bad in general.
Old 2018-04-02, 22:49   Link #29
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The problem about this though is that CGI can actually help in improving combat. Both the ongoing Toji no Miko series and Etotama can attest to that. Did they give this to a very barebones animation team?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread

Tags
martial arts, ultraviolence