AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2006-11-01, 06:22   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Code Geass - Manga Discussion Thread

This thread is for the Code Geass manga.

Since different people may be at different stages in the manga please use spoiler tags as appropriate. If you don't know how to use a spoiler tag, please read the BB Code FAQ.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 22:30   Link #2
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Do the mangas, I understand there are two following the lives of both main characters, sync up with each other or do both go in their own direction of the same possible events?
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 09:50   Link #3
prince leon
red knight

How many chapters are out so far? Latest I've seen going around was chapter three.
Old 2006-11-08, 20:38   Link #4
kazekiri

Does anyone know a good way to get ahold of past issues of these serials? I missed the first Asuka chapter and haven't been able to find any copies of Comp Ace or Bean A.
kazekiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 03:52   Link #5
Retsoor

>> Effect

There aren't that many chapters out to tell anything definite about what you asked, but so far both have followed along the same lines as each other and the animation. There are small differences but to date they don't differ much. There is, however, one decisive difference in presentation between the anime and the mangas
Spoiler for the mangas:
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 17:11   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've been checking out the manga from time to time, though its the CLAMP side of the anime that has all my love. Anyway - chapter 04 is pretty much told in a different way compared to the anime, meaning different events happening at different times. I was pretty shocked when reading it. :3

Anyone else still reading the manga version?
Old 2006-12-09, 03:30   Link #7
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

I'm still reading it. Though don't understand much. lol I'm just there for the random chibi.
lil-d01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 03:17   Link #8
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Holy smokes Knightmare of Nunally is kind of creepy.

Spoiler:
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 07:53   Link #9
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Holy smokes Knightmare of Nunally is kind of creepy.

Spoiler:
i read the first chapter, its a bit different from Lelouch the Rebellion

Spoiler for small summary of chapter one:

however i dont like that manga, mostly because Nunnali isnt portaited as innocent and helpless, well yes helpless in the start but also rude, she calls up her brother and starts yelling at him asking where he is... all angry and ... well normal.. and as she enters the Knightmare's system as it's ghost she sounds super evil and bad ass... where di our little blind girl go... nyuuh T-T also i dont think it will be Nunnali who will be changing into the knightmare frame.. i think she'll kee the doll and it changes into the machine with her as the pilot... so it wont be like.. lets say power rangers when she can just poof into it whenever she wants, she needs the doll with her

as for the Lelouch of the Rebellion, i like that manga and i hope it will be brought out in Europe and the USA
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 08:24   Link #10
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
I've read the first three chapters of Lelouch of the Rebellion, and it's like the first few episodes of the anime scrambled in some character appearances and settings, but with a whole lot LESS drama. Kallen is first found defacing/demolishing some bronze cast of Prince Clovis on school property instead of kicking Britannian butt in a Knightmare Frame. Blah. The best that Lelouch can do before his Zero costume is shuffling around in a black cloak. Hello, originality & total lameness? I saw Nekozawa. Nevertheless, I'll give a shot at scanlating volume 1 if no other group picks it up.

I'm still waiting for volume 1 of Suzaku of the Counterattack to appear somewhere.

Quick synopsis of Nightmare of Nunnally:
An alternate story in which Lelouch's fate is unknown after his meeting with C.C. Nunnally makes a Geass contract with Nemo and gains the power to read the future. She also obtains a new body and takes up piloting an unusual and powerful Knightmare Frame. Many people who can use the power of Geass, collectively called "Geass Users", make their appearance in the manga.
I'm looking forward to the release of the first volume of this manga this most because at least, it takes a massive detour from the plot of the anime.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 12:19   Link #11
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
I've read the first three chapters of Lelouch of the Rebellion, and it's like the first few episodes of the anime scrambled in some character appearances and settings, but with a whole lot LESS drama. Kallen is first found defacing/demolishing some bronze cast of Prince Clovis on school property instead of kicking Britannian butt in a Knightmare Frame. Blah. The best that Lelouch can do before his Zero costume is shuffling around in a black cloak. Hello, originality & total lameness? I saw Nekozawa. Nevertheless, I'll give a shot at scanlating volume 1 if no other group picks it up.

I'm still waiting for volume 1 of Suzaku of the Counterattack to appear somewhere.

Quick synopsis of Nightmare of Nunnally:
An alternate story in which Lelouch's fate is unknown after his meeting with C.C. Nunnally makes a Geass contract with Nemo and gains the power to read the future. She also obtains a new body and takes up piloting an unusual and powerful Knightmare Frame. Many people who can use the power of Geass, collectively called "Geass Users", make their appearance in the manga.
I'm looking forward to the release of the first volume of this manga this most because at least, it takes a massive detour from the plot of the anime.
Oh Nightmare of Nunally is out there. Do you really want to see it is the question. You'll almost never be able to think of her the same again if you can't separate the manga version from the anime version of her character.
Old 2007-03-25, 14:59   Link #12
Juvyniled

There's no need for a Suzaku of the Counter-attack manga. It's essentially the same as Lelouch of the Rebellion except in Suzaku's perspective.

Knightmare of Nunnally is pretty interesting. It'd be nice to see a female protagonist in a mecha series once in awhile, except not like Sara from Soukou no Strain, she was downright unbearable.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 23:06   Link #13
JayF

This topic needs some Dark Nunally in a Just as Planned shot.
JayF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 00:57   Link #14
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
There's no need for a Suzaku of the Counter-attack manga. It's essentially the same as Lelouch of the Rebellion except in Suzaku's perspective.

Knightmare of Nunnally is pretty interesting. It'd be nice to see a female protagonist in a mecha series once in awhile, except not like Sara from Soukou no Strain, she was downright unbearable.
Indeed Sara was the victim of poor characterization. Well girls in tight pilot suits
Spoiler:
have been dominant these days. Sky Girls (Loli's) Idolmaster Xenoglossia, Dancouga Nova, Jinki Extend, Bakeretsu Tenshi Infinity, Kyoshiro To Towa Sora and possibly more on the way are recent example of female protagonists in mecha. The men had there turn, but now I suppose its the girls turn to save the world in compromising pilot outfits. I don't know what is sillier, Koji Kabuto's bunny ears helmet or Karen Stattfeld's bellybutton piloting outfit.
Old 2007-03-26, 01:03   Link #15
Juvyniled

I do want to check out Idolmaster Xenoglossia...

But I suppose what I was actually looking for in a female protagonist in a mecha anime was in a situation that dealt with world-wide issues, like what CG is going through or what GSD was. Shows like Jinki Extend, Kyoshiro to Towa Sora, Kannazuki no Miko, Mai Hime, etc... I don't know how to put it, it just seemed too minimal and rather unrealistic. I suppose directors might not feel ready to throw something of the sort out yet.
Old 2007-03-26, 08:55   Link #16
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
I should also mention that the manga (for Lelouch of the Rebellion and Suzaku of the Counterattack, at least) seem to be aiming for a younger audience.

Examples: (Lelouch lacks a lot of the emotion that he has in the anime... >_> It's like he's saying, "Suzaku, I'll...go buy the newspaper!")

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 11:30   Link #17
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
Examples: (Lelouch lacks a lot of the emotion that he has in the anime... >_> It's like he's saying, "Suzaku, I'll...go buy the newspaper!")
Heh, I see where you're coming from, but it's Lelouch as a kid, he's not going to say something like, "I'm gonna go crush those motherf--- Britannian pieces of sh--" etcetera etcetera.
Old 2007-04-01, 01:40   Link #18
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Seen the first few chapters of Nightmare of Nunnally. They should make this after season 2 of CG.

And I'm liking the new(character):

Spoiler:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 10:58   Link #19
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Yeah the manga is aimed for people alot younger.

Spoiler for for why you don't want to read the manga:

I don't know how they're going to do any of the violent scenes from the anime. Like

Spoiler for nothing really:
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 18:28   Link #20
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I just read two chapter of Knightmare of Nunnally, this is just weird.
Spoiler:
Also why does Karen look so masculine?