AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-25, 17:00   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
some nice yuri and incest stuff

I'm in the mood to watch some yuri anime and now that I am here I might as well add the category incest, I remember seeing a show listed a while back about this subject which was a drama but I forgot the title of it so meh

Anyway as for the yuri part I've seen Kannazuki no Miko and I heard strawberry panic is awful. As for incest I have never seen any incest shows before so that is new.

I don't mind if the rating goes a little up for the yuri section, if you know some good yuri movies or anything beyond the average view warning that should go on a must watch list in that section please list them up as well X3

thank you!
Old 2009-03-25, 17:17   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

As a fan of incest theme myself, here is a few of my recommendation from the top of my head:

- Touka Gettan

- Onegai Twins

- Canvas 2

Da Capo - I only recommend the first season even though I'm risking the wrath of Relentless for uttering such blasphemy. Hopefully he won't read this thread.

- Koi Kaze: This is my most favorite show thus far where the subject is incest.

- Miyuki: A classic.

I'm sure there are others, but can't remember at this time. I'm not much of a Yuri fan, however, the two show that I've enjoyed were:

Simon and 2x2 = Shinobouden. Simon has a rich story. The latter is comedy gold that pokes fun at stereotypes. I've also heard good things about Maria-sama ga Miteru.
Old 2009-03-25, 17:31   Link #3
4Tran

Maria-sama ga Miteru is indeed an excellent show, but its yuri quotient is actually quite modest despite its reputation. Instead its strengths lie in very good character relationships and interactions of all kinds; romantic love (even including subtext) is only a small part of this.

Two other examples of both yuri and incest are Simoun(I think this is what monir suggested as well) and Utena. Simoun is almost completely centered around the themes of growing up and exploration of gender identity, so it tackles this subject in a lot of different ways - incest being one of them. The entire cast start off as girls, and they choose a gender as their rite of adulthood, so any relationships prior to this are yuri by definition.

Utena is even more (in)famous for this kind of exploration of relationships (most being of the dysfunctional nature), and yuri and incest are touched on in a lot of different ways.

Both these shows (Utena especially) are extremely good, so it's definitely worth checking out. As a slight side note, a large number of post-Utena shoujo shows are influenced by it, so it makes for very nice perspective to watch it first before the other ones.

The progression is roughly: Rose of Versailles + Oniisama e -> Utena -> Maria-sama ga Miteru, etc.
Old 2009-03-25, 17:47   Link #4
Autumn Demon
~

yuri:
maria-sama ga miteru
strawberry panic
kasimasi ~girl meets girl~
mnemosyne

incest:
shoujo kakumei utena
canvas2
da capo
akane-iro ni somaru saka
Old 2009-03-25, 18:03   Link #5
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The progression is roughly: Rose of Versailles + Oniisama e -> Utena -> Maria-sama ga Miteru, etc.
Rose of Versailles is one show that I'll watch pretty soon. I've heard so much good things about it. Even NSW raved about it.
Old 2009-03-25, 18:38   Link #6
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Rose of Versailles is one show that I'll watch pretty soon. I've heard so much good things about it. Even NSW raved about it.
That's an excellent choice!
Spoiler for Rose of Versailles:

Be sure to watch Oniisama e afterwards as well, if only to see the two different takes on "St. Just". That way, you'll have watched the underpinning of something like 2/3rds of all shoujo anime (and probably manga as well) ever made. Do be warned that Oniisama e is also the most melodramatic anime ever made, and probably by a fair margin as well. It does have a fair bit of yuri subtext though, so that makes it one of the earliest examples of yuri in manga/anime as well (the manga started in 1975).
Old 2009-03-25, 19:45   Link #7
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Anyway as for the yuri part I've seen Kannazuki no Miko and I heard strawberry panic is awful. As for incest I have never seen any incest shows before so that is new.
I wanted to comment on this statement first, if you pick any show, some people are going to say it's bad, some will say it's good. My advice is to watch a few episodes and make up your own mind, you'll get more accurate results

The first show that comes to mind is Candy Boy since it has implications for both things you're looking for, it's pretty light on both fronts but a great show.

I'll toss another vote in for Simoun and Utena as well since they both touch on the things you're looking for as well.
Old 2009-03-26, 04:16   Link #8
Ash Falls Town

Uta Kata is kind of both. It's kind of neither as well though.
Old 2009-03-29, 23:59   Link #9
Kazu-kun

How come nobody said Blue Drop for the yuri category?

And as Zippicus said, take a look at Candy Boy. The romance is kinda subtle, but it's still there and is really cute
Old 2009-04-28, 00:00   Link #10
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Don't ignore Strawberry Panic. I'm not that fond of it, and it's yuri for guys, but it is definitely yuri. Lots of people love it.

Simoun is the best. Maria-sama ga Miteru is also excellent, for its subtle emotional colors.

Oniisama-e
(also called Brother, Dear Brother) is indeed very melodramatic, but also one of my favorite shows. It goes deep into its characters' emotions. If you don't like shows people call by the horrid word "emo," however, this show is not for you.

There is also Kurau Phantom Memory, which has a bit of yuri feeling in one relationship.

And now there is Saki, which also has a bit of feeling between two girls.

If you don;t mind hentai, there is also Shoujo Sect. That is graphic yuri.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-04-28, 00:08   Link #11
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

There's strong hinting of a sexual attraction between two of the four girls in Hidamari Sketch. The hints grow stronger in the sequel series x365. However the main pair seem oblivious to anything sexual about either their friends or themselves.
Closed Thread

Tags
incest, yuri