AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2004-12-30, 11:06   Link #1161
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
I'll go with Bio-mechanical. I've always wondered why hers was this big ol' thing while everyone else's was a pretty ok size. It almost seems like overkill
well, IMO the only Childs that look straight mechanical are Natsuki's and Akira's, Midori's and Akane's could be said to look "semi-mechanical" I guess, while Mai's, Nao's, Yukino's and Yukariko's look just like those Orphans in the cake episode...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 11:15   Link #1162
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, IMO the only Childs that look straight mechanical are Natsuki's and Akira's, Midori's and Akane's could be said to look "semi-mechanical" I guess, while Mai's, Nao's, Yukino's and Yukariko's look just like those Orphans in the cake episode...
Think it has anything to do with the fact that they seem to be the main focus of the series?? I know when Mai's first appeared and nuked everything that it really did seem mechanical except for it wanting Mai to not be scared of it.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 12:05   Link #1163
silverstarz

episode 8 also had Kagutsuchi talking to Mai... but one thing is clear... i think it is the biggest CHILD... who knws... waiting for few more episodes to decide.... and what?!? Tate surpassed Mai in popularity??? wow.. i'm shocked
silverstarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 13:07   Link #1164
Spiggy
Invisible

Kanzaki/Mai thing

I may have overlooked someone's reply on this and I know that there were some debating over this but here's my view on it.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-30, 13:11   Link #1165
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

I think the popularity votes been rigged....someone must be posting numerous votes for the person they like......its IMPOSSIBLE for the votes placing to change like stocks and shares.........
And i wonder how's Miyu going to kill Kagutstuchi with that sword.......its seems like a toothpick against (him?).....all Kagutsuchi has to do is to fly high in the air and rain fireballs down on Miyu.....
Seriously...why didn't Mai just blast Miyu and Alyssa into oblivion....i hated the both of them the moment they appeared...or maybe its just me
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 13:20   Link #1166
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, all anonymous online popularity votes are bound to be rigged, but this one is still one of the funniest to watch as every character on the list seems to go crazy and jumping up and down like mad

well, despite how huge it is... a strike at some critical parts can still be fatal, like the eyes, or somewhere...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 13:30   Link #1167
Rei_Ikari
More....Morrreee....weeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, all anonymous online popularity votes are bound to be rigged, but this one is still one of the funniest to watch as every character on the list seems to go crazy and jumping up and down like mad

well, despite how huge it is... a strike at some critical parts can still be fatal, like the eyes, or somewhere...
Wonder if Kagutsuchi can make it into the top 10....i know i'll vote for him...kitto
Rei_Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 14:24   Link #1168
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei_Ikari
Wonder if Kagutsuchi can make it into the top 10....i know i'll vote for him...kitto
No way! Duron all the way! lol

I do agree that Children should be able to make the polls. They're stars just as much as the characters.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 16:07   Link #1169
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Just wondering...

Konnichiwa! I'm coming into this a little late in the game but I have few observations I wanted to share with the group as a whole about Mai HiMe. Is this a good place to start?
Kieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 16:17   Link #1170
Spiggy
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
Konnichiwa! I'm coming into this a little late in the game but I have few observations I wanted to share with the group as a whole about Mai HiMe. Is this a good place to start?
Just post away!! If something seems like a spoiler..use tags.
Old 2004-12-30, 16:56   Link #1171
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
Just post away!! If something seems like a spoiler..use tags.
Cool deal. Where to begin? Amidst all of the hustle and bustle of trying to figure out where this series is going, a few things struck me.

Spoiler:

Overall, I think Fukka Gakuen is way more of an HiME training school that the students are lead to believe. Thus far, we're seeing more and more HiMEs "coming out" (for lack of a better term...I apologise to those who loathe homosexual terminology) and it's looking like the school is not as "normal" as one might think. I'm starting to think that it's actually more like Professor Xavier's school for X-Men; a place where HiMEs can grow into their powers while learning the best way to use them, either for their own selfish ends like Nao or for crusading good like Midori (who cracks me up to no end btw).

Alas, it's just my two yen worth. All that to say, I love this show and I'm jonesing and rewatching eps until the new torrent is available on Static-Subs. Thanks for letting me ramble!
Old 2004-12-30, 18:07   Link #1172
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Spoiler:
I believe it happened because of Natsuki's history.
Spoiler:
Mai I think got put in the spotlight because her CHILD is so monstrously powerful. Mikoto, as much as I love her, is only a main character because she's always around Mai. Unless her story with her brother turns out to be some sort of major plot twist later on. Which, personally, I would LOVE to see. Like, what if her brother was a major player in SEARRS and turns Mikoto against Mai and Natsuki...I'd love to see Mai and Mikoto go at it. Of course, Mai wouldn't go all out because she couldn't hurt her friend. But it'd still be really fun.

Quote:
Spoiler:
I disagree. I think it is going to happen. It may not get fully explored but I do believe it's there. Natsuki is, hands down, my favorite character from this series and I can't see her having a relationship with anyone else. She's got a partnership with Mai and that's it. She's a loner...a hot sexy loner who wears a tight leather outfit. Maybe it's because I'm a typical guy but I really really think these two will be together at the end of the series. If not, I always have my imagination, lol.

Last edited by Esper 28; 2004-12-30 at 18:11. Reason: Botched the quote and spoiler tags...
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 18:52   Link #1173
Midnyt
Endorsed by Nodoka!~

Send a message via MSN to Midnyt
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Midnyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 19:00   Link #1174
The Yellow Dwarf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
I disagree. I think it is going to happen. It may not get fully explored but I do believe it's there. Natsuki is, hands down, my favorite character from this series and I can't see her having a relationship with anyone else. She's got a partnership with Mai and that's it. She's a loner...a hot sexy loner who wears a tight leather outfit. Maybe it's because I'm a typical guy but I really really think these two will be together at the end of the series. If not, I always have my imagination, lol.
Nah. The Natsuki X Shizuru is probably going the way of Titania X Arisu (Last Exile) and Yayoi X Ayaka (Stellvia), heavily hinted but never substantiated. Otherwise the role of the Kendo captain would be in jeopardy.
The Yellow Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 19:24   Link #1175
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Eh??

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dwarf
Nah. The Natsuki X Shizuru is probably going the way of Titania X Arisu (Last Exile) and Yayoi X Ayaka (Stellvia), heavily hinted but never substantiated. Otherwise the role of the Kendo captain would be in jeopardy.
Erm, pardon me for being dense but why would the role of the Kendo captain be in jeopardy? It's not like he's got much of a role to start with. How can he be important if all he does is lust over Natsuki (and pretty much every other female he's come into contact with...he's only had the misfortune(??) of being around when she's half clothed or mooning the world...talk about spontaneous combustion! He even went nuts during the panty thing which had nothing to do with Natsuki-chan per se....just....chick stuff. He's just an average hormonal dude who's lasted way longer than he should IMHO. Just my opinion though.

As far as the other replies....
Midnyt: Thank you for the clarification.
Esper 28: I'd only believe Takumi as a plot twist if he were somehow subverted by Miyu and the evil little hair chibi. Him being connected to an American corporation like SEARRS seems a bit tenuous. I have to admit, I'd not thought of Mai's CHILD as being more powerful (and apparently the only CHILD Mikoto has is her wicked heavy looking sword) but next to the wimpyness of Duran, anything is more powerful. I love how the CHILDREN match the personalities and strengths of each HiME. They're so varied, it makes watching interesting. I think if it came down to a Mai/Mikoto brawl, Mikoto would be the one to hesitate. She loves Mai to much to go against her.

I have to admit, I'm reticent about what the creators will do with Shizuku/Natsuki. I've been burned by American television when it comes to shoujo-ai type relationships and I'm always skeptical when they're posited and left hanging. I don't want to get invested in the pairing and get hosed. That would suck and I'd hate to become jaded against the series as a whole because of it.
Old 2004-12-30, 19:31   Link #1176
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Yayoi and Ayaka made a vague confession to each other via open channel. Everyone in the last mission heard that. That's quite substantiated... and unexeptected. My reaction was probably the same as Pierre's; albeit less shocked.

I believe Takeda is a comic relief, and episode 13 solidifies that role. To add insult, he's apparently not even important enough to be listed in the character list on the official site.

Re: Kieli
Go watch Kannaduki no Miko.

EDIT: An interesting image I found on 2ch. Don't click this if you haven't seen ep.13
Spoiler:
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 19:34   Link #1177
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
Yayoi and Ayaka made a vague confession to each other via open channel. Everyone in the last mission heard that. That's quite substantiated... and unexeptected. My reaction was probably the same as Pierre's; albeit less shocked.
Again, pardon my idiocy but which two are those that you mention?

ETA: I'm downloading all 12 eps as we speak. Heard people speak very highly of this anime (well except for Chikane turning evil and the very strange reconciliation at the end) so I'm anxious to check it out.
Old 2004-12-30, 19:39   Link #1178
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Quote:
Again, pardon my idiocy but which two are those that you mention?
It's from Uchuu no Stellvia. But don't download it just for that alone.
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 19:45   Link #1179
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Hmm...I'm getting all sorts of cool recommendations. I'll add it to my list
Old 2004-12-30, 20:09   Link #1180
The Yellow Dwarf

Quote:
Erm, pardon me for being dense but why would the role of the Kendo captain be in jeopardy? It's not like he's got much of a role to start with. How can he be important if all he does is lust over Natsuki (and pretty much every other female he's come into contact with...
That's exactly it. If the relationship between Natsuki and Shizuru becomes solidified then there would be absolutely no reason for Takeda (so that's his name huh) to even be in the anime. Not saying that he is important right now, but I don't think the producers would bother to put in a joke character and then take the joke away.

Quote:
Yep. Ayaka kicks major butt. And there's a character who looks like Col. Sanders of KFC.
The Yellow Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote