AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2018-03-27, 00:48   Link #21
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I would like to add that those who are sick of Touma's preachings and Accelerator's edginess are in for a treat as the Legend of Kamen Rider Shiage is coming soon with Index III.
My only regret is that Index 3 won't reach Jackie Chan babysitting Hamazura.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-27, 04:19   Link #22
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Dude, it's not Index competing with SAO. It's SAO competing Index, considering all the shit that happens.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-27, 12:22   Link #23
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Dude, it's not Index competing with SAO. It's SAO competing Index, considering all the shit that happens.
Eh, I hear that the alicialization arc is supposed to be pretty good, even if the parts I read were boring. Even so I'm not worried as Index still has quite the large fanbase in Japan.
Old 2018-03-27, 15:17   Link #24
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Why are you guys so worried? Index went up against both Toradora and Madoka Magica, and still acquired successful BD sales beyond 10k.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-27, 15:19   Link #25
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Eh, I hear that the alicialization arc is supposed to be pretty good, even if the parts I read were boring. Even so I'm not worried as Index still has quite the large fanbase in Japan.
Yeah, I'm a bit worried since it's Alicialization the most popular arc of SAO. Even so, hopefully it'll be fine...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 09:55   Link #26
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I'm not a SAO fan but I'm pretty aware popularity wise Alice arc is just way too popular and the breach between it and Toaru is just too big.
There are factors that favour SAO above this series despite its innate cons.

It won't help if we get QUALITY again.
Old 2018-03-28, 18:26   Link #27
Chosen_Hero

^I repeat, I am not worried, especially knowing that Railgun will also be having a season of it's anime. You underestimate how popular Raildex actually is, I am not saying it will have bigger numbers than SAO, just that it will be relatively fine airing along side it and might even see a growth in the fanbase due to how easy it is nowadays to legally stream anime and there are many people out there willing to give an anime a try.

I can't wait for the reactions to the craziness that is about to happen from season 3 onwards (Season 3 onwards the series proves it is anything but generic) and then there is Railgun... Now THOSE reactions will be just as glorious.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 00:49   Link #28
ramlaen

https://twitter.com/ATX_PR/status/980697471587241985
Quote:
AT-Xに『とある』シリーズが帰ってきます! 『とある魔術の禁書目録』再放送スタート! 04月04日(水)21:00~他 ※週2話ずつ放送
A rerun of Index starting on April 4, with two episodes per week.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 03:12   Link #29
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Good to know that season 3 will more or less air this year. I was worried that they'd make us wait 2 or so years before actually airing it.

Not gonna lie, I had basically given up hope on a third season for Index when I saw the years passing by and no announcements being made. It's like Durarara!! all over again for me. (Alluding to the 5 yr wait vs the 7 yr wait for Index)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 16:35   Link #30
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

My number one consider still remains is "How many episodes planned?"

Because ideally I would want 3 cours, or at least 2+1 cours
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 16:57   Link #31
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I like to think they wouldn't miss the chance to pull an Index 3 being 3 cours covering through a certain 3rd war. But then again, 2014 happened, so I can only wait and see.
Old 2018-04-04, 19:28   Link #32
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
I like to think they wouldn't miss the chance to pull an Index 3 being 3 cours covering through a certain 3rd war. But then again, 2014 happened, so I can only wait and see.
Right now I'm hoping we don't get 12 or 13 and instead get at least 24... If I'm being greedy, I want what all of you want though. I'm just being cautious because so far Index III really hasn't gotten much attention while on the other hand Sao III already got extra news and coverage recently. I just feel like it's a lower priority. I realize that different studios have different MO's, but it's a psychological thing anyway.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2018-04-05, 06:44   Link #33
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I realize that different studios have different MO's, but it's a psychological thing anyway.
Studios only strictly take care of the animation and anime production. What you're looking to question is the production committee, but then you're comparing completely different cases with SAO being an already massively popular world-wide series, and Index being a niche one for people already familiar in one way or another with light novel adaptations, and who have completely different people, companies, and stakes supporting them.

It costs money to make advertisement campaigns, so it makes sense they'd lay off the grand announcements of the third season of a show some people may have never heard of until it becomes more relevant (i.e closer to the release date), and the aforementioned rerun is probably an attempt at advertisement anyway since it'll get newer fans involved in enough time for S3 to air.
Old 2018-04-05, 20:19   Link #34
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsurin View Post
Studios only strictly take care of the animation and anime production. What you're looking to question is the production committee, but then you're comparing completely different cases with SAO being an already massively popular world-wide series, and Index being a niche one for people already familiar in one way or another with light novel adaptations, and who have completely different people, companies, and stakes supporting them.

It costs money to make advertisement campaigns, so it makes sense they'd lay off the grand announcements of the third season of a show some people may have never heard of until it becomes more relevant (i.e closer to the release date), and the aforementioned rerun is probably an attempt at advertisement anyway since it'll get newer fans involved in enough time for S3 to air.
I see. I appreciate the explanation since that honestly makes me feel better.

Old 2018-04-05, 20:47   Link #35
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Is it wrong of me for not wanting Nishikiori Hiroshi to return to direct Index III?
Old 2018-04-05, 22:23   Link #36
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

They should get the staff from Railgun S. They got the imagery right, especially the plasma scene.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2018-04-05, 22:46   Link #37
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
They should get the staff from Railgun S. They got the imagery right, especially the plasma scene.
Ugh, anyone except Tatsuyuki Nagai
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-05, 23:02   Link #38
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Honestly, I prefer Railgun's Nagai's direction. I legit thought that Railgun S looked better than the Index Movie. Just keep him away from the filler.

Fuck Cloverfield. Fuck Silent Party.
Old 2018-04-05, 23:09   Link #39
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I already disliked Nagai after his work on Railgun season 1 and the Silent Party arc in S, but he truly angered me with Gundam IBO, so I'd take the mildly rushed adaptation of old Index seasons over that. Of course, you could always just keep the rest of the staff the same and just hire a new director, so things don't feel too different.
Old 2018-04-06, 00:42   Link #40
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, whoever designed the colors and the storyboarding for the Railgun S Sisters Arc must be lauded for it. It was a superior take on one of the LN's iconic story arcs.