Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-20, 14:42   Link #2461
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Old 2018-04-20, 14:54   Link #2462
Mistyclear

^The person cosplaying as Goro really looks like a real life version of him....or is it just me??
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 14:58   Link #2463
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

You mean because his eyes look kinda dead?
Old 2018-04-20, 15:36   Link #2464
shadow1296

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-04-20, 15:52   Link #2465
kari-no-sugata II

^ Heh, just watched the intro so far. I've not really been following the discussion on this episode here but I suspect this guy has QUITE a different take on it compared to the general reaction...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 16:26   Link #2466
KPSJ

ダリフラ #15
Spoiler for Option:

Well place your bets staff list is out.
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 17:16   Link #2467
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
YouTube
I highly, HIGHLY recommend that people watch this video. Not the whole thing if you don't want to, because I do understand that it's quite long... But he says some incredibly important things in those first 15 minutes.

And a good portion of it are actually points that myself and some others have already made in this thread (some of it even resonates with that one Reddit poster's theory Twi pointed out).
Old 2018-04-20, 18:16   Link #2468
Twi

This guy is earning the best analysis award of the season from me. Reason, not passion. He gets it.
Old 2018-04-20, 18:37   Link #2469
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

As long as you watch them at x2 speed...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 22:03   Link #2470
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
As long as you watch them at x2 speed...
He should watch it at 3x the speed
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 22:18   Link #2471
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I highly, HIGHLY recommend that people watch this video. Not the whole thing if you don't want to, because I do understand that it's quite long... But he says some incredibly important things in those first 15 minutes.

And a good portion of it are actually points that myself and some others have already made in this thread (some of it even resonates with that one Reddit poster's theory Twi pointed out).
not really the guy on reddit come from the point where he "believe which every 02 partner had the same threatment of hiro which is wrong since episde 1 mad clear which "only hiro" and his past self are her "darling" anyone else specially her previous partners she saw as just fodder and totally expandables and also he ignores all her "breaking" down she had during her saurification to say which she acted totally "fine" and she was just "pretending " to be "crazy" which again was not true, his argument is only "valid" if you ignore a lot of things in the anime.
Old 2018-04-20, 23:39   Link #2472
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSJ View Post
ダリフラ #15
Spoiler for Option:

Well place your bets staff list is out.
There are some interesting names on that list.

Spoiler for Older series they worked on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Images
Ichigo and Gorou Cosplayers
Is it just me, or do Gorou's glasses look like the kind of glasses people where when going to gun ranges to protect their eyes? Were the character designers inspired by those "ballistic glasses"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
I just wanted to point out in this thread the theory that 02's recent saurification has been due to emotional distress and nothing else. That we've been mixing up symptoms and causation. She wasn't distressed because of her exaggerated Klaxosaur features, her exaggerated Klaxosaur features were because she was distressed. Episode 14 provides the best proof of this: when Hiro rejects 02 her horns more than double in size overnight. So the question becomes: why did 02's features start to saurify around when Hiro gives 02 her first present?

Given that with episode 14 we now know conclusively 02 has been using Hiro, I think it's safe to say when Hiro gave 02 the mirror the present became a symbol for her reflecting on the nature of their relationship. How trusting he was of her, how he had devoted all his being to her, how well he treated her, and how he was just fodder and being used by her. She began to feel guilt, she didn't like the face her mirror reflected, all she could see was a monster who took advantage of others. This emotional distress began to have a clear impact on her, as her fangs became pronounced.

At this point she stops putting on the romantic charade with Hiro, it's not amusing to her anymore to string him along. She rebuffs his efforts at communication, her mindset clearly described at the beginning of episode 14: she couldn't comprehend why ever she should want to reach mutual understang with some random stamen she was just using, fodder. By episode 11 she breaks the mirror he had given her, and she had promised to cherish. Perhaps a physical reminder to herself that she couldn't grow attached to him, he was simply a means to an end.

By episode 12 her mental distress has become so aggressive her horns have grown and her claws are pronounced. The episode begins with her desperately searching through the library for the children's book. She's trying to remind herself what she's doing this for, that she needs to use Hiro to reunite with her old darling. That has been her goal all along. Hiro's constant concern bites at her conscience, and she tries to placate him with a kiss- only for that gesture to be turned into an expression of his concern for her. He's scared but trying to meet her desires anyway, she can't go through with it. She starts trying to not look at him, ignore him completely. When he finds her at the lake and expresses concern over her once again she repeats her need to kill klaxosaurs and become human to herself. She won't even turn to acknowledge his existence.

When he tells her that she's perfect as she is, horns, claws, fangs included. He stabs her conscience deeply and she screams that he shut up. When he confesses it breaks her to the point she has to deny it totally. He doesn't love her, just lusts for her and is confused. If she gives him sex he'll be satiated and that will be the end of it. Only Hiro doesn't fall for it and is adamant in his affection for her alone. This is when she gives the game up completely and spells it out for Hiro: He was fodder. She was using him. She never cared for him. When she returns to the house she shatters every mirror she encounters, she's so disgusted with herself. Her chest physically hurts with torment over what she has done to him.

She decides to brute force the final stage of the saurification process at the end of the episode, that her resolve is flagging and she has to do it before it gives out completely. Nearly killing Hiro in the process.

The 02 we saw for most the first episodes was a lie, a seductress, the spider symbolism in episode 5 was actually extremely on the nose. But most if not all of us didn't want to accept it in spite of that.
This is actually a great write-up. But are you sure she actually started to saurify after she got Hiro's present (actually a hand-me-down from Naomi)? That's only the first external saurified feature of hers we saw in the show. Her internal organs could have been changing all this time, just like we saw only the surface of the blue tumour that grew on Hiro after his second ride with Zero Two, but was probably growing inside him even back during his first ride. The pain in her chest that we see her suffering from in episode 12 might be coming from the internal processes of saurification, assuming she even actually cared for Hiro at this point in time (which is a core assumption in your write-up, perhaps she never truly did, especially once Hiro didn't seem to be her true darling).

Also, at this moment we don't know whether Zero Two was actually guilty over her treatment of Hiro before episode 13. If anything, Zero Two has shown a strong disregard for the feelings (and even physical welfare) of anyone who is not her "true darling" or someone who might be. It's almost monomaniacal or sociopathic in a way. She might just be blaming herself for "not being human enough" to stay with her true darling back then.

I'd be willing to split the difference. Perhaps the saurification was caused and started by how she could no longer drain stamens due to piloting with Hiro. However, emotional stress could quicken the process, like you noted with Zero Two's horns.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 02:10   Link #2473
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post

We are in for a treat....
Old 2018-04-21, 03:37   Link #2474
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Shiet , so we are expecting some tragedies ?
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 04:29   Link #2475
Sakuratsuki

Saying only one thing, ''prepare yourself''.
Old 2018-04-21, 04:54   Link #2476
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post

Spoiler for Response to that, spoilers for TTGL and KLK:

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 04:59   Link #2477
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
not really the guy on reddit come from the point where he "believe which every 02 partner had the same threatment of hiro which is wrong since episde 1 mad clear which "only hiro" and his past self are her "darling" anyone else specially her previous partners she saw as just fodder and totally expandables and also he ignores all her "breaking" down she had during her saurification to say which she acted totally "fine" and she was just "pretending " to be "crazy" which again was not true, his argument is only "valid" if you ignore a lot of things in the anime.
To reiterate, I said the video reviewer's opinions resonate with SOME of that person's Reddit post, not the entire thing.

However, I can't say that I personally agree with the idea that their theory is entirely "wrong" or requires "ignoring most of the anime", either. Not until we get more information from the characters.
Old 2018-04-21, 10:04   Link #2478
PhoenixRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sion Astal View Post
And that was another excellent episode, honestly this series is getting better and better. A lot of information and developments, where to start!?

Oh yeah, with the most important part, hiro and zero two confessed to each other. Man that was so nice, Ichigo accepted that she has no chances with Hiro after taking a look inside his mind. Goro as always the best bro.

Spoiler for Hiro the madman:

Now there is more!
1) Looks like the Klaxosaurs are humans.
2) APE is trying incredibly hard to hide some of this information, reaching the point of destroying their own plantations.
3) Strelizia's usual form wasn't the real one, this new red version is even more powerful. Looks like Dr. Franxx is the one that even after all the horrible things he did in the past, wants to give freedom to the kids.
4) WHAT THE HELL IS THAT HAND???
That's my question, because:
Spoiler:

On the other hand, the episode today was amazing!
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 10:13   Link #2479
RDNexus

Man, they sure seem to be playing with our emotions like madmen
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 10:22   Link #2480
PhoenixRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sion Astal View Post
Sad news guys, looks like no episode next week.

http://s.mxtv.jp/bangumi_pc/?date=20180428
Damn, and it was just starting to get better too. Now I have to two weeks to see the next part.

Oh yeah, there was also something else cool with today's episode.
Spoiler:
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote