Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-08-27, 00:58   Link #1001
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Just to throw $.02 in, with Nazis- Let's just do a little comparison here. Technically speaking, what the Nazis did was a form of Colonialism, which is what every major European power had been doing for hundreds of years. Heck, the American Manifest Destiny (which was the Lousiana Purchase and going to the West coast, and I suppose Hawaii fits the bill) could be looked at in this same way. Now, keep in mid the differences: First, colonialism and Manifest Destiny happened in the 1800s, when racism and slavery were considered the norm. Nazis took over Europe close to 100 years later (I couldn't tell you the exact span between). Now, realistically speaking, the reason why Hitler and the Nazis became the Ultimate Evil is because they invaded already-established countries. If they had kept the purge within their borders, it's possible that WII may not have happened (don't quote me on this- I'm not that qualified of a historian). Look at the USSR- they did the EXACT SAME THING, but it was within their borders. And yet they were never called on it, though I think that's more due to the fact that they switched over to the Winning Side and History Was Revised. in fact, keep in mind the only reason the Cold War happened is because Communism is in direct opposition to Capitalism. otherwise, no one gave a damn about the Jews that had been massacred in the USSR.

Now, I still blame our current situation on Hillary herself. let's try to ignore all the political backstabbing within the DNC itself (yes, I'm a Bernie supporter). Sure, she has all the qualifications... but you're making a horrible mistake here. You assume that people think Logically. I can tell you... THEY DON'T. Trump, with his reality-star background, knew how to get people on his side by whipping up their emotions. In fact, we has a Perfect Storm going on, if you realize what the EC itself came down to: the Swing States. Funny thing about the Swing States; they're located in the Rust Belt. So this is basically how Trump won:

*Workers in the Rust Belt*: Our 1950's dream of work a good job in manufacturing/coal mining, earn a great wage, raise a good family, and have a comfortable retirement... it's gone..

Trump: HEY GUYS! VOTE FOR ME AND I PROMISE I'LL BRING ALL THE GOOD JOBS AND MONEY BACK TO YOU SO YOU CAN LIVE THE DREAM!

*Workers*: Hey, this sounds pretty awesome.... what about Hillary?

Hillary: We're still a strong nation, this is my idea on healthcare and women's rights.. we might talk about jobs.

*Workers* Screw you Hillary, Trumps's bringing back our jobs and retirement! He's got my vote!

Obviously things have played out MUCH differently, but Trump told people what they wanted to hear at the time, not thinking about any other consequences he might bring, and thus our current situation.

And while on I'm on it, here's one of the reasons why Republicans, at least the ones I know, hate Democrats: Republicans are of the impression that every single penny you earn at work should be going straight to your paycheck, and that the Constitution Must be Taken Literally Like Word Of God. While the first part is logically sound, they then blame Democrats for all the taxes and anyone going up against the Constitution, therefore the Dems are Bad People.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2017-08-27, 13:26   Link #1002
MCAL

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...02524981817344

Reminder that Mexico actually sent people to help during Hurricane Katrina.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...72550405070848

Always time in a natural disaster to shill for a book by a fellow bigot.

Last edited by MCAL; 2017-08-27 at 14:17.
Old 2017-08-28, 17:03   Link #1003
MCAL

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCNews/s...71990618177536

Donald Trump is a racist.
Old 2017-08-28, 18:26   Link #1004
The Green One

So he did it for the ratings? What?

Ah well, in two days he'll tweet he was just kidding. We'll play the canned studio audience laugh track and we'll move on since apparently he can do whatever he wants and no one has proven otherwise yet.
Old 2017-08-28, 18:59   Link #1005
Valky
Radioactive

I heard a lot of people love reality show. It's good for them, I guess.
Old 2017-08-29, 09:50   Link #1006
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
So he did it for the ratings? What?
No, no. He chose to announce the pardon on Twitter on Friday night because he believed people were watching cable news networks during the storm.

He actually tried to get the Justice Department to intervene in Arpaio's prosecution some months ago and get the charges dismissed. When he was told that such intervention was not in the cards, he just waited until the trial was over and granted a pardon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...9f5_story.html
Old 2017-08-29, 17:05   Link #1007
Key Board
Carbon

ACLU just retweeted this

"ICE Seeks Permission to Destroy Records of Sexual Assaults and Deaths"

http://splinternews.com/ice-seeks-pe...=1504036289614

I think this is what happens when you have a President the pardons criminals for "doing their job"
Old 2017-08-30, 07:24   Link #1008
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
ACLU just retweeted this

"ICE Seeks Permission to Destroy Records of Sexual Assaults and Deaths"

http://splinternews.com/ice-seeks-pe...=1504036289614

I think this is what happens when you have a President the pardons criminals for "doing their job"
Even more disturbing to me was the statement that ICE detains 40,000 people per day. That was so implausible that I had to look up some other data. According to this, total detentions in 2015 were a bit short of 500,000 adult noncitizens. Obviously this works out to more like 1-2,000 persons per day.

Even if children were included in that number, it's hard to see a daily figure anywhere in the neighborhood of 40,000. The fact that "splinternews," who or whatever they may be, didn't have the same reaction I did to the 40,000 per day figure makes me question their worth as journalists.
Old 2017-08-30, 17:59   Link #1009
MCAL

http://shareblue.com/texas-paper-nai...ne-first-hand/

No one's buying President Bigot's feigned sympathy it seems.
Old 2017-08-30, 19:06   Link #1010
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
http://shareblue.com/texas-paper-nai...ne-first-hand/

No one's buying President Bigot's feigned sympathy it seems.
We still need to see if he will end up lower than W Bush after Katrina.
Old 2017-09-01, 16:20   Link #1011
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Donnie tweets:
Wow, looks like James Comey exonerated Hillary Clinton long before the investigation was over...and so much more. A rigged system!
The follow up comments are hilarious.
Old 2017-09-01, 17:26   Link #1012
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^Its probably in response to this:

Mueller Has Early Draft of Trump Letter Giving Reasons for Firing Comey

It's hilarious how transparent the deflection is.
Old 2017-09-01, 18:16   Link #1013
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Trump has a whole raft of new problems after Mueller allied himself with New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman. Trump cannot grant pardons for crimes covered under state law, only Federal law. That means he cannot stop a prosecution by NY against Paul Manafort for, say, money laundering. Many saw the Arpaio pardon as a signal that Trump might pardon others in his circle over the Russia probe. That strategy won't work against state prosecutions.

The pressure on Manafort to flip has intensified ever since the FBI raided his home at dawn a few weeks back. Bringing Scheiderman into the picture could close off the pardon escape route.

Mueller has also enlisted the elite criminal investigation team at the Internal Revenue Service. No one's tax filings can survive their scrutiny, and Trump's probably have a lot of questionable items.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...general-242191

http://www.thedailybeast.com/exclusi...-investigation

Today Trump backed off on forcing a government shutdown over funding for the Wall, accepting that Congress won't deal with it until later this year (if ever). I worry this will put even more pressure on Trump to abolish or curtail DACA to deliver some reward to his angry base of anti-immigrant voters. We'll see on Tuesday.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2017-09-01 at 18:39.
Old 2017-09-05, 16:46   Link #1014
Blueknight78

the evil overlord trump strikes again!!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/05/u...n.html?mcubz=0

now going back to work for his "kkk, white supremacists and nazists, he goes back to what he is the best, to be "racist", xenophobic and supremacist and again a anti- obama and attack another obama programa since he is failing in get riddle off obamacare.

and he and his jack ass session say which the peoples of american claimmed for it while basically the majority of the usa is actually want his head in a silver plate for it and only his zombified/brainwashed nazis, supremacists, racists and kkk, base vote agreed which at this point is a "minority" whe are really getting a "hittler thing here" where because of a minority a majority is getting the crap out with the worst guy ever to have sit in the president chair.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-09-05 at 20:45.
Old 2017-09-05, 19:40   Link #1015
The Green One

Heh, Trump sure showed the "love" that he said he had for those Dreamer Kids.
Old 2017-09-06, 13:43   Link #1016
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I worry this will put even more pressure on Trump to abolish or curtail DACA to deliver some reward to his angry base of anti-immigrant voters. We'll see on Tuesday.
In his recent tweet, he says:
Congress now has 6 months to legalize DACA (something the Obama Administration was unable to do). If they can't, I will revisit this issue!
I am not sure what it really means to "revisit" an issue such as DACA, but I suppose we'll find out. It's like the phrase, "let me think about it" which is an open-ended "NO" most of the time.

Either way, I am looking forward to a splintered GOP congress over this issue in the coming days.
Old 2017-09-06, 16:33   Link #1017
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
In his recent tweet, he says:
Congress now has 6 months to legalize DACA (something the Obama Administration was unable to do). If they can't, I will revisit this issue!
I am not sure what it really means to "revisit" an issue such as DACA, but I suppose we'll find out. It's like the phrase, "let me think about it" which is an open-ended "NO" most of the time.

Either way, I am looking forward to a splintered GOP congress over this issue in the coming days.
now which i think better what trump did somehow was a genuine "genius" move, he put all the fault of which he was having from "remove it" to the congress and weakning it, currently is clear which trump is "backfiring at gop and republican party, he already know which he have his "base" which is strong enough for him to work without give a shit to the party and he can actually do whatever he want.

doing that he make the congress become the villians, if congress repal the DACA then not gonna be anymore his fault it's ending because was the congress which did it not him, even if he was the one which started it, if the congress approve DACA then he can complain to his "base" which the congress is backfiring him and weak the congress more on his base and also make peoples outside his base see him a better light since he "was the one trying to give a chance and force the congress to approve the law, or trump finally found someone actually smart, or somehow he was playing with us acting like a idiot while actually he is a smart guy and really know how to "play", that was really a great plan.

well we currently are experience USA real life Game of Thrones, which "many sides playing/fooling/betraying/conspirate against each other (trump x more conservator republican x moderate republican x democrats).

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-09-06 at 16:45.
Old 2017-09-14, 10:23   Link #1018
MCAL

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...76308265795585

Umm... You did!
Old 2017-09-14, 13:26   Link #1019
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Heh, the comments bashing Trump for not being racist enough and calling him AmnestyDon. Ah, that is how it is these days. Really says a lot about the yandere fanbase he invited. They deserve for Trump to betray them.

Kinda fucked atm.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2017-09-14, 15:37   Link #1020
Blueknight78

lol how trump is desperated to be "loved" by the peoples, he is finally learning which he must be the one chacking his ass to the others and not the opposite if he want approval which what he do as a "bussinessman" don't work in politic or even maybe in "real world" only on his own world wherever everyone must prise him as a god because they are "payed to".

Now he is trying to stick with the democrats since stick with republicians proof being useless to him, this only show how must "trusthworty" trump is, and he don't give a shit to anyone and will do anything is necessary to have what he want even betrayal the peoples which helped him to get where he is.