AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-04, 20:03   Link #81
Joojoobees

While waiting for subs I watched the first few minutes raw. Not the most most beautiful show I've seen, but it had a real intensity with a variety of art styles (Shaft) that works well with comedy shows. Looking forward to seeing those subs.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 20:45   Link #82
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
While waiting for subs I watched the first few minutes raw. Not the most most beautiful show I've seen, but it had a real intensity with a variety of art styles (Shaft) that works well with comedy shows. Looking forward to seeing those subs.
Shaft is a studio that focuses on comedy no doubt about it. I mean just look at Dance.......I'm a Shaft fanboy but even I can't stand it.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 23:21   Link #83
Kunagisa

Watched episode 1, pretty faithful to the manga so far.

I think watching it with comments made it even better. I literally lol'd out multiple times. BEST SPRING SHOW SO FAR FOR ME.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 02:28   Link #84
NakedAngelX

Instant favourite show of the season for me xD

Humor + Creativity + Weird + Suprise = Under the bridge!! xD
It's now 3am in the morning, my laughing woke up 3 of my roomates

Spoiler for Ep 1 scenes:
Old 2010-04-05, 05:18   Link #85
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
The author:

She's probably more denpa than denpa denki kanojo.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 06:41   Link #86
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Gotta wonder if the author spent sometime living under a bridge. Especially to have this level of imagination.
Old 2010-04-05, 07:14   Link #87
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
The author:

The author's.......a good-looking woman!? Who would have thought?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 08:03   Link #88
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

The first episode was just as I expected it to be.

Which ultimately means that I will not be watching this. Sad.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 08:25   Link #89
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
The author's.......a good-looking woman!? Who would have thought?
She's 1984, about a year older than me.
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%...BB%E5%AE%B6%29
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 08:37   Link #90
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
She's 1984, about a year older than me.
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%...BB%E5%AE%B6%29
Oh she's behind Saint Young Men as well! That series is becoming massive over in Japan atm.. keeps going from strength to strength in sales. I guess working on two monthly series at the same time is still better than working a weekly.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 10:48   Link #91
Pachael
原作通り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Oh she's behind Saint Young Men as well! That series is becoming massive over in Japan atm.. keeps going from strength to strength in sales. I guess working on two monthly series at the same time is still better than working a weekly.
Making that mangaka connection blows my little mind
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 11:53   Link #92
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
The author:

I'm very surprised that she's very attractive.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 12:31   Link #93
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Wow I didn't know that, I don't think anyone mentioned it until now. I'm looking forward to this series more than ever now. And she is indeed very attractive, I'm suprised she's so young as well.
Old 2010-04-05, 15:27   Link #94
Kunagisa

Quote:
The author:

Denpa is quite awesome. In fact, lately all my favorite characters have multiple screws loose in their heads.

I honestly wonder how the hell she comes up with these stuff.
Old 2010-04-05, 16:49   Link #95
Joojoobees

Hey that was great! I thought the show was really fun, and I liked all the characters. The VAs were all great, of course, but one thing that was really nice was the way Maaya balanced out Hiroshi's intense delivery.
Old 2010-04-05, 16:52   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I knew this was going to be my favourite of the season, the first episode certainly didn't disappoint. The premise is so crazy and stupid, I LOVE IT ! I laughed at every joke in the episode, that didn't happen since Gintama ended. Nino is just great... the end of the episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Episode one of this show was promising, but I still have to wait and see. This is definitely Shinbou, however, so I have high hopes. The look is great. And hard to go wrong with the voice-acting: Kamiya Hiroshi, Sakamoto Maaya, and Koyasu Takehito, all in fine form.
I completely agree. Kamiyan plays a perfect tsukkomi as usual, and Maaya Sakamoto's perfomance was perfect as always and totally fit Nino. And Fujiwara Keiji you mean? Koyasu Takehito wasn't in the episode. I really can't wait for Koyasu Takehito's character to show up, after all the craziness in the first episode, I'm not even wondering why he plays a sister anymore. It almost seems normal.

While I love Shinbou's works, I'm glad he didn't use the whole "flashing screen" antics in this one, makes the anime flow better. Why was the episode divided in segments though? 4-koma? Hmm, apparently not. Edit: okay, I know why, it's for each chapter of the manga. So they burned through 8 chapters in one episode.

Last edited by Kanon; 2010-04-05 at 17:25.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 18:18   Link #97
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
While I love Shinbou's works, I'm glad he didn't use the whole "flashing screen" antics in this one, makes the anime flow better. Why was the episode divided in segments though? 4-koma? Hmm, apparently not. Edit: okay, I know why, it's for each chapter of the manga. So they burned through 8 chapters in one episode.
When I first saw it I thought it's just something Shinobu threw in there to make the presentation different, even after remembering each Volume of the manga has like 20~ chapters I still think the same way; I personally find it hilarious there are 9 episodes already finished.

I also love the Nadeko pillow and despair teacher face. I never found someone coughing so freaking hilarious either. Would love to see rest of the "village" members, which shouldn't take long at this pace.
Old 2010-04-05, 18:27   Link #98
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
This is surprisingly enjoyable. They managed to make it 10x better than the original source.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 19:05   Link #99
Sol Falling

I didn't get that far with the manga but with Shaft handling this, and after reading this thread, I am hyped, lol. Ep 1 is downloaded already, I'll be off to watch it momentarily.

Hearing that the mangaka is involved with Saints Young men gives me better confidence with regards to what I saw of the manga. No doubts at all that this is gonna be a solid contender for the season.

edit:

Yeah, I laughed my ass off. The music/soundtrack helped to carry the opening quite effectively, giving the jokes an energy I didn't immediately feel with the manga. The insanity of the characters was also fully showcased; it was probably a mistake for me to stop before reaching the green man in the manga, 'cause the zipper and the sleeping in a drawer certainly hooked me this time around. Well, I'm sold on following this; I can almost taste the sheer heights of insanity that are no doubt coming.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2010-04-05 at 19:51.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 20:10   Link #100
solomon

Good premise, but the direction threw me off. Too rapid fire, no time for the jokes to breathe in my opinon. Will give it a few more tries before final decision.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, seinen, shaft