AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-02-04, 06:49   Link #61
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Speculation? I think your sarcasm detector is broken...
I think YOUR sarcasm detector is broken LOL!
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 10:43   Link #62
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I don't know if this has been said before but Madoka is possibly the smartest character ever. I mean we are 5 episodes in and she still hasn't thrown her life away yet. Bravo.

Last edited by omimon; 2011-02-10 at 12:31.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 12:00   Link #63
Jimmy C

Unless there truly is a way to become a MG without selling her soul to Kyubei, it's only a matter of time.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 12:45   Link #64
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
If she does discover another way to suddenly become an MG, it will look a lot like an asspull.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 12:59   Link #65
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
If she does discover another way to suddenly become an MG, it will look a lot like an asspull.
Why?people have been saying she's special since very early in the series,that ability would indeed make her quite special.
Old 2011-02-08, 13:12   Link #66
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Unless there truly is a way to become a MG without selling her soul to Kyubei, it's only a matter of time.
As long as when/if she becomes a MG she understands completely what she doing and does it for herself then I'll be fine with it. But, I must say the awesomeness of if she never becomes a MG during the show would just about shoot this to my top 10 anime list automatically. The fanboy rage and tears would put a smile on my face for a long time. Not to mention the level of trolling needed to put out all this material with her in MG form never to make her one.

Not an asspull since most of use are already considering the possibility of it just 5 episodes in. QB hasn't said he's the only one or way to make MG's, he just gave a noncommittal answer when Kyouko brought up her belief that he was the only one making them
Old 2011-02-08, 22:53   Link #67
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Why?people have been saying she's special since very early in the series,that ability would indeed make her quite special.
Ever watch Avatar: The Last Airbender? The series, not the movie. The main character there anguished a lot, especially near the end, about him having to confront the Fire Lord. He held a strict "no killing" policy, and he felt conflicted because everyone was telling him he had to kill the fire lord. They were pretty much right; short of death, nothing would stop him. It could have been a growing moment for Aang, to eventually be forced to take a life.

Instead, at the last possible moment, Aang pulled out a new ability that allowed him to completely depower the Fire Lord, thus defeating him without killing. A lot of people called it an asspull.

As far as we have been told and shown, Kyube is the only one who can make magical girls. You can't drop a perfect solution into the story at the very end.
Old 2011-02-08, 23:16   Link #68
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Instead, at the last possible moment, Aang pulled out a new ability that allowed him to completely depower the Fire Lord, thus defeating him without killing. A lot of people called it an asspull.

As far as we have been told and shown, Kyube is the only one who can make magical girls. You can't drop a perfect solution into the story at the very end.
We know that, but we still got 7 episodes to go. It's plenty of time to properly foreshadow the possibility so it wouldn't feel contrived.

And yeah, the ending of Avatar was an asspull.
Old 2011-02-08, 23:58   Link #69
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
We know that, but we still got 7 episodes to go. It's plenty of time to properly foreshadow the possibility so it wouldn't feel contrived.
And I'd like to add that,even if it's a stretch,the transformation sequence in the OP where you've got 2 Madokas with the older being the one that turns the younger into a magical girl could be an early forshaddowing of "madoka will be the one that gives herself the power to become a magical girl".
Old 2011-02-09, 00:09   Link #70
Kaijo
Banned

I'm open to the idea of it happening, but with each passing episode, it gets harder to justify. So if it happened now, it would be an asspull. If this is what they intend, I sure hope they develop it well.
Old 2011-02-10, 12:33   Link #71
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I don't know if this has been said before but Madoka is possibly the smartest character ever. I mean we are 5 episodes in and she still hasn't thrown her life away yet. Bravo.
I take back what I said. After episode 6 she is no longer a bro. With that being said I don't think she'll never be a MS now.

Last edited by omimon; 2011-02-10 at 23:07.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 18:27   Link #72
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

i'm getting convinced that madoka will become an MG without forming a contract with QB. she's had a power to do it herself albeit it's still laying dormant.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 19:33   Link #73
Mentar
Banned

She's soo going to end the show as MG, I think ^_^;

But it might very well be ep12 when she finally does it...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 21:16   Link #74
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
She's soo going to end the show as MG, I think ^_^;

But it might very well be ep12 when she finally does it...
I'm guessing 11 because she will be needed before the end i think
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 21:24   Link #75
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

^i agree. or maybe at the start or middle of ep 12. XD

GAH! I'm so thrilled how this series would end. but i sure am going to shed tears when it happens. DX
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 01:10   Link #76
estdesoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I take back what I said. After episode 6 she is no longer a bro. With that being said I don't think she'll never be a MS now.
Yeah, she didn't throw her life away; she threw Sayaka's life out, through, LITERALLY. Never thought things like that would happen!

Well, at least Sayaka is still alive, and Madoka would surely know that it is bad to be reckless or too naive by now..in addition to the unexpect "benefit" of discovering how Kuebey is hiding some truths about becoming MG.
estdesoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 15:25   Link #77
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

At the very least, the event with her – literally – tossing away Sayaka's life should make her more aware of the risks involved with signing with Kyubey. A Magical Girl being killed by a witch (Mami) wasn't enough to truly deter her from doing it, maybe learning that becoming a Magical Girl means losing your soul will make her think twice and/or find other alternatives to getting to the same goal, but without paying for it with her life.

I still think she'll become a Magical Girl, but not anytime soon.
Old 2011-02-14, 14:48   Link #78
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by estdesoda View Post
Well, at least Sayaka is still alive, and Madoka would surely know that it is bad to be reckless or too naive by now..in addition to the unexpect "benefit" of discovering how Kuebey is hiding some truths about becoming MG.
You know what I find funny? Even if she seems naive and childish, Madoka is the only one actually behaving like an adult and trying to get people to sit down and talk instead of pointlessly squabbling.

Not to say that I don't like the other characters but I still feel Madoka deserves more credit then she gets.
Old 2011-02-14, 16:00   Link #79
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
You know what I find funny? Even if she seems naive and childish, Madoka is the only one actually behaving like an adult and trying to get people to sit down and talk instead of pointlessly squabbling.

Not to say that I don't like the other characters but I still feel Madoka deserves more credit then she gets.
What you say rings true. And it would be the correct path if this were an idealistic universe. But a lot people feel it is a cynical one, and in those, naive people get others killed at worst, and are ineffectual and in the way at best.

But hey, it still could end up being an idealistic universe if Madoka somehow brings Mami back and protects everyone else and solves all issues while staying true to her convictions.

So yeah, she is be admired for idealism, but is that really the best course here? That's the million dollar question.
Old 2011-02-18, 18:49   Link #80
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Madoka is the last light of mahou shoujo shining in the series. She is the one still untainted, she is still pure, she is still whole, she is still herself.

In short (I hope it happens but I kinda doubt it) she can pull anything out of her @ss and I'll stand behind her.

Ok, I know that last part sounded rather strange

Tags
characters