AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-03-19, 20:59   Link #481
Nagumo
Random Translator

That reminds me, I haven't seen a Japanese summary for the chapters posted in here lately either.
Old 2011-04-02, 02:49   Link #482
mechdra

Is there any chapter this month?

Translated chapter of chapter 22 is out but it is in Spanish. The goh loli looks like a possible contender to defeat one of the main character. This is getting more interesting. Now waiting for a color scan of the Hatsume Miku look alike.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 04:56   Link #483
aers
*Fansubber

Memory;23「予選開始!」

コンプエース 2011年5月号(2011年3月26日発売)。カラー3P、モノクロ28P。

So yes, there was a chapter this month.

The summary probably got posted on 2ch but I've been moving this week and don't really like Vivid all that much so I haven't been checking.

Edit: Took a look. Don't see a summary, but I see discussion of Compace. Guess no one bothered to write it up this time around. Things have of course been screwy over there this month so..
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 18:22   Link #484
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Taking this from Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I am well aware that power is not always the winning factor. Which is why I said 'often' instead of 'always'

But more on to the point, "high speed parallel processing" in Nanohaverse terms has more to do with the ability to multi-cast spells of the more complex type, rather than being melee related. That is why Shante noted it as something opposite to Vivio's skills in melee.
If Tsuzuki plays this smart, then it's possible to turn "high speed parallel processing" into an advantage. Like allow her to multi-cast barriers, or manage barriers and attacks simultaneously? Or multi-cast low/medium attack spells and then concentrate them (like how Negi used numerous Sagita Magicas to power his punches)? Prepping delayed bind spells while still throwing punches?

just because Shante consider it a weakness doesn't mean it can't be turned into a strength. Besides, she's still in training too, what would she know?

Or he could fail to notice this and has Vivio's fight become a brainless brawl that relies more on hot-bloodedness, rendering her potential advantage go to waste.
Old 2011-04-06, 21:32   Link #485
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Taking this from Q&A

If Tsuzuki plays this smart, then it's possible to turn "high speed parallel processing" into an advantage. Like allow her to multi-cast barriers, or manage barriers and attacks simultaneously? Or multi-cast low/medium attack spells and then concentrate them (like how Negi used numerous Sagita Magicas to power his punches)? Prepping delayed bind spells while still throwing punches?

just because Shante consider it a weakness doesn't mean it can't be turned into a strength. Besides, she's still in training too, what would she know?
Point noted. We only do get a small glimpse of this when Vivio was about to attack Einhart with Sonic Shooter: Assault Shift. Then again, that attack wasn't very well thought out and didn't work at all. Then again, we've seen her pulling surprise attacks and unexpected moves like dealing delayed damage to Einhart and taking down Teana without the former noticing during the practice match.

Quote:
Or he could fail to notice this and has Vivio's fight become a brainless brawl that relies more on hot-bloodedness, rendering her potential advantage go to waste.
I've already had several hundred times more than my fair share of Hayate's potential as a smart player being played off as nothing more than lip service and then showing her fail every single time she takes the field after the middle of StrikerS. I'm praying Vivio doesn't get the same treatment. >_<

(Not too worried though. Vivio is a main character... main character...
Main characteeer.....
)

*staggers to his feet and forces a smile*

That aside, Memory 23 pictures!

Spoiler for Forgot her name already. I'll just call her the Japanese style Signum Mk.II for now.:

Getting on with the second batch of spoilers, it's SUPER MIURA TIME!

Spoiler for In the Yagami-ke, corner... We have our gutsy little bundle of youthful energy! >:3:

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 21:48   Link #486
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

The device name seems to be Star Sab(v)er. I am sure is saber but japanese romanization, katakana failing skills, engrish, many excuses here yes.

Also, Signum M.K.II (please remember her name before I start calling her that(too late for that I guess)) is awesome and she should totally win. I may be biased though.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 21:53   Link #487
Aaron008R

Acha! Just a synonym away from Star Sword. XD
Thanks for the TL.

In other news, I realize these should go to the Merchandise thread but oh well...

Something to pep up the day for you tired ol' people.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 21:59   Link #488
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
The device name seems to be Star Sab(v)er. I am sure is saber but japanese romanization, katakana failing skills, engrish, many excuses here yes.
Star Saber?

... does that mean Miura is an Autobot?

And yes, our new Aneki has such niiiice leeeeeeegs-

*is cleaved*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 00:16   Link #489
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'm starting to be unable to tell all these 'black hair hime-cut confident aneki with nice legs and a katana' archetypes apart...

I mean, I love this archetype and all, but it's starting to blend into an amoeba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Big deal.

It's hard to take things like these seriously anymore since we have been getting B-ranked 10-year old kids slicing massive concrete bridges since the early episodes of StrikerS...
Looking at this made me wonder if Tsuzuki forgot that Otto and Deed literally trashed an entire military base nonchalantly, and made Zafira ( whom, by all accounts, is most definitely and arguably stronger than everyone in the tournament ) look like their bitch.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 00:17   Link #490
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Star Saber?
Spoiler for tidiness:

... does that mean Miura is an Autobot?

And yes, our new Aneki has such niiiice leeeeeeegs-

*is cleaved*
It would be a nice, if far-out, shout-out if her device performs Fusion with her.

Natch.
Old 2011-04-07, 01:41   Link #491
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Signum MK II looks like a dropout from Love Hina to me(a relative of the Aoyama clan perhaps xD?). Looks quite strong, tough.

This is apparently the day in the limeight for Miura chan, go Miura, the pride of the entire Wolkenritter is at a stake here, they need a godamn victory ....badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Looking at this made me wonder if Tsuzuki forgot that Otto and Deed literally trashed an entire military base nonchalantly, and made Zafira ( whom, by all accounts, is most definitely and arguably stronger than everyone in the tournament ) look like their bitch.

More support to the theory that Otto and Deed won that battle thanks to the cover of an AMF-able batallion of Gadget Drones xD?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 01:55   Link #492
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Eh, Signum Mk. II looks pretty hot. Hopefully Miura will do well.

Still, you guys raise a point. I look at this tournament and think 'If 9 year old Nanoha or Fate were in it, they'd win with ease', but that's not really fair, is it...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 02:12   Link #493
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Which made me think about Lutecia, i wonder if she will enter the tournament with some kind of limiters. She's originally an S ranked mage which means she's stronger than Nanoha and Fate at that age. Of curse i doubt she will swarm her oponents with a Jyraioh army xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 06:43   Link #494
Justin_Brett

Quote:
OH MY GOD! SHE CLEAVED A RUSTY OLD BUS IN HALF!!!

Big deal.
Completely casually, without even activating her Barrier Jacket.

And it would seem to be implied in the images that she does this frequently, maybe for training?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 07:37   Link #495
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I've already had several hundred times more than my fair share of Hayate's potential as a smart player being played off as nothing more than lip service and then showing her fail every single time she takes the field after the middle of StrikerS. I'm praying Vivio doesn't get the same treatment. >_<

(Not too worried though. Vivio is a main character... main character...
Main characteeer.....
)

*staggers to his feet and forces a smile*
TBH I'm not expecting much of that. Judging by the art style, especially on the already few fight scenes available, it's clear action scenes are not the writer's forte, and I don't think that's what he was hired for - he's chosen for moe purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Completely casually, without even activating her Barrier Jacket.
I thought Barrier Jackets are for defense?
Old 2011-04-07, 07:50   Link #496
Justin_Brett

Well, you know what I mean.

And I wouldn't say they're bad at writing action scenes; the mock battle was pretty good. just because you're hired to do one thing doesn't mean you can't do something else well.

Besides, why even have him draw action if he's no good at it?
Old 2011-04-07, 10:07   Link #497
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Well, you know what I mean.
Well yes, but I still has doubts about that scene. I think whether it's actually awesome or "big deal we've seen better" lies on the nature of the blade. Is it a device, or did she just cleave that thing without any use of magic with an ordinary sword?

Quote:
And I wouldn't say they're bad at writing action scenes; the mock battle was pretty good. just because you're hired to do one thing doesn't mean you can't do something else well.
Well I didn't say the fights were godawful, but it's not particularly awesome either.

In a good fight scene, the way it was drawn allowed us to get a decent grip on how the movements -attacks, parries, evasions, etc- went, and sometimes we're even treated to a short text on the fighters train of thought -why they choose a course of action, what were they thinking about the situation, etc- so we feel the flow of battle.

Now there's some presence of the latter during the fight. But as for the former, the mock battle was too brief and undetailed, to the point that Fate's role in it was to do cool poses before getting stripped. IMO the artist can draw cool poses, but mediocre fight sequences. And there were moments where I got confused on who is where or how did they get there, or even whether they're merely running fast or actually flying.

Besides, the story itself seems to heavily lean towards the daily life of loli mages and not much on the battles. Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but after how many times the two mangas have disappointed me I couldn't help but drastically tone down my expectations. That way when the tournament turns out to be so-and-so I won't be shocked anymore.

Quote:
Besides, why even have him draw action if he's no good at it?
The man has Negima Neo on his resume and better shounen action artists were busy with their own projects?
Old 2011-04-07, 11:03   Link #498
Justin_Brett

Good point. Does it look like the Device she's using later on?

And eh, I'd say it's more subjective. Force is the designated action manga, and it hasn't really had any fights worth writing home about so far, even if we count the ones that got interrupted. It's all a matter of presentation, and if a fight makes you interested in what's happening in it, then the artist, choreographer, writer, or whoever else is behind it, did their job correctly, however they accomplished it.

(I do agree that Fate's part in it was bull, but that's another discussion entirely.)

Also now I want to see Signum do something like that.
Old 2011-04-07, 13:34   Link #499
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Taking this from Q&A

I'd like to note that Shante never noted it to be a weakness, just that it isn't something generally applied to melee combat, and indeed more of an advantage to ranged combatants.

What Shante was saying wasn't "Vivio sucks at melee combat" but "Why is Vivio doing martial arts when her current talents would make her a totally kickass ranged mage?"
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 13:36   Link #500
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The answer to Shante's question being, of course, is that the world doesn't need a second Nanoha Takamachi.

Tags
vivid