AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-24, 08:07   Link #3181
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Kagura's so evil he couldn't stand seeing Mikono suffers under Jin's attack.

Let's rely on obscure interpretation because story wise nothing point at the precious little Amata being Appollon reincarnation while denying Kagura who has plenty of canon story material pointing at him!!
I'm just saying we haven't seen how Kagura talks with his friends if he even has them. No wonder he doesn't care about Altair, it doesn't seem a place of fond of memories.

They can be both Apollonius.

So far I'm on the theory that Amata is really a new legend and Mikono is just a red hearing for Silvia(with such power and a cat living all the time in her hair we really are getting a surprise from her).
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 08:36   Link #3182
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Cute, I see you're still somewhat an expert at selective understanding...

But I'm glad you thought it was really helpful .
I'm an expert at the Snark. His phrasing probably didn't help things either

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 08:46   Link #3183
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Cute, I see you're still somewhat an expert at selective understanding...

But I'm glad you thought it was really helpful .
That was my first thought at the response too...

Anyway, you're welcome.

But I do quite understand what he/she (don't really care at this time) said. It was helpful to me, whom hadn't recalled that significant detail in the poster and the significant piece of the OS that it was connected to. It was also interesting. So I should've used "interesting" instead, since he/she failed to read the whole where I thanked the other person for reminding me of that piece of the OS I had missed, therefore the connection between helpful and that should've been obvious. Then again, some people really don't read...

But it is helpful, especially for new viewers who don't actually know the connection between the OS and EVOL. So if they watch the OS, they'll notice this similarity as well. That's why I said that was helpful.
Old 2012-03-24, 09:01   Link #3184
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Then again, some people really don't get sarcasm... or snarkiness. The fact that it's those people shouldn't surprise me I guess

Old 2012-03-24, 09:07   Link #3185
mayumi

Technically it was sylvie who holds the feather. Look up episode 1 in the church or whatever where the girls are singing. So amata holding the feather could mean anything.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 09:27   Link #3186
pingva

Alicia in almost all her shots(and even her statue) is holding a feather. I just take it it means that Amata has wings, can fly and cards in Zessica's hands represents her playfulness.
By the way why Alicia went to Altair wearing her movie costume and why in Amata's flashback it looks like she is picked up by Aquarion EVOL while from Izumo's desire to take at least one vector suggests that Altair never had Aquarion EVOL.
Old 2012-03-24, 10:14   Link #3187
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Technically it was sylvie who holds the feather. Look up episode 1 in the church or whatever where the girls are singing. So amata holding the feather could mean anything.

We're talking about to Genesis where Apollo remembered his past life by touching a white feather, not Evol itself.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 10:20   Link #3188
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
So far I'm on the theory that Amata is really a new legend and Mikono is just a red hearing for Silvia(with such power and a cat living all the time in her hair we really are getting a surprise from her).
To be fair, Mikono's only current connection to *reincarnations* is Kagura (and Kagura's only connection to the rest of the plot is Mikono), and his ability to sense her as someone very special to him and someone he wants... and someone that Fudo/Aquarion do not, while Mykage does. It's almost all circumstantial in her case as even her power, loosely defined, is not exactly a telegraph of information.

If she's not Sylvia, then I do not think Kagura is Apollo because their connection is a definitive part of this plot: Amata/Fudo/Aquarion vs. Kagura/Mykage/Mithra all over Mikono. To much of the plot has been floating around this for only one of them to be a herring; its either both or neither.

I'm more inclined to feel that the rather suddenly introduced Zessica connection to everything is the red herring... unless we just suddenly get a similar introduction for Amata. (Of course, that won't be the case. Zessica will be revealed to be Sylvia, Kagura Apollo, Mikono Mikono, and Amata will be the new legend, and then all the tension from the drama will be resolved in a super contrived, abruptly introduced instant and my head will find a desk to smash somewhere. You know its going to happen...)

PS: Woo, we got a forum.
Old 2012-03-24, 10:28   Link #3189
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
To be fair, Mikono's only current connection to *reincarnations* is Kagura (and Kagura's only connection to the rest of the plot is Mikono), and his ability to sense her as someone very special to him and someone he wants... and someone that Fudo/Aquarion do not, while Mykage does. It's almost all circumstantial in her case as even her power, loosely defined, is not exactly a telegraph of information.
I don't how, but Mikono screams of incoming trolling(she has all cards - we don't know her real scent, because of SuShu, her connection power might be a projection of someone else feelings or just meaning that she once met Kagura) be it even if ShuShu is a smelly wench, because of elemental powers or even more magical explanation.
Old 2012-03-24, 10:38   Link #3190
miketyson

Have Zessica and Mikono ever physically touched each other skin-to-skin (not counting during a gattai)? I know how it sounds but it's a serious question.

The closest I can remember is Zessica grabbing Mikono's skirt last weekend, and back in episode 4 (I think it was) Mikono made a point of *not* shaking Zessica's hand. Have they touched at some point and I just forgot about it?
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 10:40   Link #3191
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
I don't how, but Mikono screams of incoming trolling(she has all cards - we don't know her real scent, because of SuShu, her connection power might be a projection of someone else feelings or just meaning that she once met Kagura) be it even if ShuShu is a smelly wench, because of elemental powers or even more magical explanation.
Frankly, would any normal viewer ever even consider that Mikono is not in quintessential to Kagura's character and the drama revolving around him? There's a difference between a believable plot twist and an ass-pull. Shu-shu being the smell? Complete ass-pull with no justification. Mikono's power of connection being responsible... before she had any powers or was even in the Aquarion for one to argue that it awakened her powers? Ass-pull. Something magical? Ass-pull. (Somehow, after half of the show being about the mysterious connection between Mikono and Kagura, it suddenly changes that Mikono is no one, Zessica is actually the one, and Kagura's lack of interest for the latter suddenly changes... Ass pull. )

A plot twist, that's still been hanging over our heads, is Mikono's violent love-reaction to Kagura (and all that's followed). The plot is currently whole-sale telegraphing Mikono/Amata as the couple to be... and yet, we have all these minor details for Mikono and for Kagura, that point at a plot twist coming to shake up the scene. This is more along the lines of a believable plot twist (again, irregardless of where it actually takes the plot).

@Mike: On screen? Not that I can remember.
Old 2012-03-24, 11:21   Link #3192
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Frankly, would any normal viewer ever even consider that Mikono is not in quintessential to Kagura's character and the drama revolving around him? There's a difference between a believable plot twist and an ass-pull. Shu-shu being the smell? Complete ass-pull with no justification. Mikono's power of connection being responsible... before she had any powers or was even in the Aquarion for one to argue that it awakened her powers? Ass-pull. Something magical? Ass-pull. (Somehow, after half of the show being about the mysterious connection between Mikono and Kagura, it suddenly changes that Mikono is no one, Zessica is actually the one, and Kagura's lack of interest for the latter suddenly changes... Ass pull. )

A plot twist, that's still been hanging over our heads, is Mikono's violent love-reaction to Kagura (and all that's followed). The plot is currently whole-sale telegraphing Mikono/Amata as the couple to be... and yet, we have all these minor details for Mikono and for Kagura, that point at a plot twist coming to shake up the scene. This is more along the lines of a believable plot twist (again, irregardless of where it actually takes the plot).

@Mike: On screen? Not that I can remember.
you forget about shrade no way he is smell like shu shu
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 11:52   Link #3193
queenSwild

@ Vena

I agree with you wholeheartedly. If Mikono is just a nobody, then why the heck would they be forbidden lovers? If Mikono is just a nobody, then why would she have that Connection element that Sylvia had too? If Mikono is just a nobody, then why would she feel the need to apologize to Kagura? For taking his cat? I don't think so. If Shu-Shu is the smell that Kagura is chasing after. Then I will jump in my laptop and stab him with a spork. I was satified when Mikono accidently poked him with her pen last episode, but if Shu-Shu is Sylvie/Syvia/any reincarnation, bigger measures must be taken. -.-

But I wonder, why does Shu-Shu dislike Amata AND Kagura (watch episode 6 again, you'll see that around the time where Kagura finally arrives at Vega Shu-Shu growls and reacts rather violently).

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Have Zessica and Mikono ever physically touched each other skin-to-skin (not counting during a gattai)? I know how it sounds but it's a serious question.

The closest I can remember is Zessica grabbing Mikono's skirt last weekend, and back in episode 4 (I think it was) Mikono made a point of *not* shaking Zessica's hand. Have they touched at some point and I just forgot about it?
Although I'm not quite sure, I think they touched at the end of the Yunoha reveal episode. At the end where Mikono apologizes to Amata for the misunderstanding with Zessica following close behind. When Yunoha appears, a frightened Zessica grabs Mikono's shoulder and quickly hides behind her. Although I think Zessica was still wearing her piloting suit at the time so it wasn't skin-to-skin. :/ I don't remember anything else so no they havn't touched skin-to-skin yet.

Last edited by queenSwild; 2012-03-24 at 12:19.
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 12:13   Link #3194
mayumi

Quote:
if you take a look at the cosplay episode in first series where they do the 3-D attack, fudou talks about 3 arrows and how they can all point in different direction but if you do some changing then the arrows can connect in the center. then shopia asks what is it that connects the 3 arrows together? fudou does not answer in that episode.

however in the last episode we see silvia understands and she gets the power to connect. i think that is where mikono also gets the connect power, basically she is binding the 3 elements together. its the purple color that originally bound green, red and blue dots together in aquarion logo.
however if this mikono is silvia then she lost her telekinetic power maybe because silvia in that state evolved perhaps gives her telekinetic power to either sirius her brother or toma when she touched their hands. who knows.
this makes me think toma was born again and perhaps on vega on the good guys side

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-03-24 at 12:44.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 13:14   Link #3195
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Hey!!

Who votes that we all go track down Kawamori-san and force him to tell us who is who in Aquarion Evol??? Then maybe we can get on with our lives (after all the tears, yelling, laughing, and smashing laptops/desktops) LOL...By the way anyone know why Zessica is holding 3 cards in the Aquarion Evol Poster?
Winged_Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 13:26   Link #3196
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Um yeah...what "Humanity" did Apollonious gain? Why do people keep saying that? It's baffling the hell out of me...
@ Winged Memories...I think Kawamori told us with episodes 6-12 but some people just don't want to accept it

I am kind of fixated on new graphics...so I can't answer right now....but I will be back today...most definitely.

GET YOUR HOT MIX AND JUNOHA/JINOHA PAIRING IMAGES HERE

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2012-03-24 at 13:45.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 20:03   Link #3197
Thess

Quote:
?!?

I'm not familiar with the details of the first season, but when you said 'white feather', does it happen to look something like this?

Spoiler:
And Zessica holds the cards, is she secretly Gen Fudou? What a twist! Zen was too obvious to be Gen, so he's a red herring like Kagura. He's clearly Zessica, because of that promotion art. It all fits together: third pilot who knows the lovers.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 20:34   Link #3198
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

lol, careful. some people don't recognise sarcasm

Old 2012-03-24, 22:11   Link #3199
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
And Zessica holds the cards, is she secretly Gen Fudou? What a twist! Zen was too obvious to be Gen, so he's a red herring like Kagura. He's clearly Zessica, because of that promotion art. It all fits together: third pilot who knows the lovers.
Erm yeah I didn't ask for that; I ask if that looked like the same white feather that LastOrder had said that Apollo touched to regain his memories.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-03-24 at 22:32.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 23:00   Link #3200
Thess

Quote:
Erm yeah I didn't ask for that; I ask if that looked like the same white feather that LastOrder had said that Apollo touched to regain his memories.
It's a promo art. While is nice to speculate, that feather means as much as the cards Zessica's holding so far: nothing. Two 'obvious' candidates have appeared for both Apollo and Gen who don't need to resort into subtle symbolism outside the series.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction