AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-12-17, 22:39   Link #5981
zzhk
Summary Machine

Wrong, Restia says that Ren Ashdoll's will was corrupted only when she came into contact with the otherworldly darkness 3 years ago in the true sanctuary.

Also, the elemental lords were corrupted centuries, not thousands of years ago.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 23:11   Link #5982
Chris38

Regarding the discussion on how much power Est currently has, personally I think that she still has 10% of her original power, which has been amplified with the absorbed power of Restia.

The reason why I think that, is because it has been suggested, in volume 5 and the beginning of volume 6, that Est's incomplete contract with Kamito, and how she returned to him, during the events of volume 5, have caused her to be split into two separate personalities - the Est that is contracted with Kamito, which only contains 10% of her original power, and her Sacred Sword self, that still remains in Astral Zero and contains the rest of Est's original power.

I also think that this separation has reached the point where Est, that is contracted with Kamito, became a completely separate entity from her Sacred Sword self, after she became the Demon King's sword due to the addition of Restia's power, which is why she is referred to as <Terminus Est Zwei> - after all, why else Est's spirit name would change, if it wouldn't imply that she became a completely new spirit and that there exists some other Terminus Est, that is still a pure steel spirit, and it would, most likely, become a spirit that Kamito and <Est Zwei> are going to meet and fight against, in the future volumes.

And since, the other Est contains 90% of Sacred Sword Est's original power, while Est Zwei contains only 10% of it + the power that Restia has, she is definitely going to be a quite difficult spirit for Kamito to fight against ... but, since ... the rest of the story, could become pretty boring, if there would be nothing that could challenge Kamito's current power level ... I think that's a good thing.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 10:21   Link #5983
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Regarding the discussion on how much power Est currently has, personally I think that she still has 10% of her original power, which has been amplified with the absorbed power of Restia.

The reason why I think that, is because it has been suggested, in volume 5 and the beginning of volume 6, that Est's incomplete contract with Kamito, and how she returned to him, during the events of volume 5, have caused her to be split into two separate personalities - the Est that is contracted with Kamito, which only contains 10% of her original power, and her Sacred Sword self, that still remains in Astral Zero and contains the rest of Est's original power.

I also think that this separation has reached the point where Est, that is contracted with Kamito, became a completely separate entity from her Sacred Sword self, after she became the Demon King's sword due to the addition of Restia's power, which is why she is referred to as <Terminus Est Zwei> - after all, why else Est's spirit name would change, if it wouldn't imply that she became a completely new spirit and that there exists some other Terminus Est, that is still a pure steel spirit, and it would, most likely, become a spirit that Kamito and <Est Zwei> are going to meet and fight against, in the future volumes.

And since, the other Est contains 90% of Sacred Sword Est's original power, while Est Zwei contains only 10% of it + the power that Restia has, she is definitely going to be a quite difficult spirit for Kamito to fight against ... but, since ... the rest of the story, could become pretty boring, if there would be nothing that could challenge Kamito's current power level ... I think that's a good thing.
In simpler terms if est regained her full power plus restia's she'd be so powerful it wouldn't even be fair
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 11:02   Link #5984
Thuruk
年上

In the middle of chapter 10, all good and dramatic, and then...

Quote:
Terminus Est Zwei
Why, just why.
Old 2013-12-19, 00:41   Link #5985
teejmo

Spoiler for Information found in latest volume:

So, here's my question: is the Holy Elemental Lord the Big Bad of the series, trying to take over the Astral Zone?

Spoiler for Information found in the latest volume:
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 02:20   Link #5986
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Spoiler for Information found in latest volume:

So, here's my question: is the Holy Elemental Lord the Big Bad of the series, trying to take over the Astral Zone?

Spoiler for Information found in the latest volume:
It's possible, but personally ... I hope that the author is going to go, with a less obvious route, when it comes to the topic of the main antagonist of this story.

Or, at the very least, make the big bads motives a little less cliche, then trying to take over the world ... by using some otherworldly power.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another topic, personally I wonder what kind of role the Burial Chamber is going to have in the future story ... since, giving all the spirits that are ... potentially sealed in it, to Kamito would make him too overpowered.

At the moment the only thing that I thought of, is the possibility that the girls in Kamito's harem are going to contract with some of the spirits that are contained in the Chamber, turning them into Duel Contractors, which would reduce their current contracted spirits, weak points.

Of course, I'm aware that such development has also some downsides ... but, since the antagonist side, starts showing up with Duel Contractor's on their side, a similar development might happen to the protagonist side.

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-12-19 at 02:53.
Old 2013-12-19, 08:31   Link #5987
Thuruk
年上

Could be, and it wouldn't even bee too cliché. At least the it's not the holy side that's the good guys. :-)
Old 2013-12-19, 08:50   Link #5988
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
It's possible, but personally ... I hope that the author is going to go, with a less obvious route, when it comes to the topic of the main antagonist of this story.

Or, at the very least, make the big bads motives a little less cliche, then trying to take over the world ... by using some otherworldly power.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another topic, personally I wonder what kind of role the Burial Chamber is going to have in the future story ... since, giving all the spirits that are ... potentially sealed in it, to Kamito would make him too overpowered.

At the moment the only thing that I thought of, is the possibility that the girls in Kamito's harem are going to contract with some of the spirits that are contained in the Chamber, turning them into Duel Contractors, which would reduce their current contracted spirits, weak points.

Of course, I'm aware that such development has also some downsides ... but, since the antagonist side, starts showing up with Duel Contractor's on their side, a similar development might happen to the protagonist side.
The biggest problem with blade dance is this. Ever since the events with the kid who controlled spirits and attacked the academy for the most part the girls have become helpless. I mean when was the last time ellis won a fight on her own for that matter any of the girls won a fight without getting bailed out.
To put it in terms of power level (these are examples and my opinion on whose strongest not confirmed just my belief.)
Kamito 100
Claire 60
Ellis 55
Rinslet 40
Fianna 30.
All the opponents coming up are gonna be at or above kamito and the girls will pretty much be useless without something to boost them so most likely kamito will give them spirits to strengthen them somehow
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 15:13   Link #5989
Chimurry

I think Restia herself its manifested as Ren Ashdoll "will", this mean when all that sh**t happened in Sacred shrine chamber on Vol 11, she will be rebirth every time on and on and manifest on human realm, probably the requirement is Ren Ashdoll candidate be alive, but Kamito goes further and now has recognized as succesor, I link Restia appereance when in timeline Kamito remember everything about Her (I mean at the same time all that happens in the cave, Restia shows up), so with this is most likely:
1.Restia knowns about Kamito and her mission to be with Him as Ren Ashdoll succesor and her role as companion cuz she is his will.
2.She doesnt remember very well, but both Kamito and Her have the feels theres one to another.
3.She will be found by Sjora Kahn and take under the Regime, Kamito knows about it and raid on Theocracy lands with the opening of Burial Chamber and His Harem

@Zzhk: THANKS A LOT!!! (y) You rock.
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 00:25   Link #5990
Chris38

Don't forget that Restia appeared in a similar state as Iseria, due to the purification of the Otherworld Darkness that happened when she was pierced by Est.

So, even if she is the manifestation of the uncorrupted will of Ren Ashdoll, she has no memories about that task, especially with Kamito containing her psyche, within his body.

Basically, she and Kamito probably don't know about each other's existence yet, and for that to change ... Kamito and the rest of the crew, would need to be sent to a location that is near the place that Restia appeared in - which is most likely going to be the beginning event of volume 13 - and that will allow them to acquire some evidence that Restia is still alive.
Old 2013-12-20, 12:15   Link #5991
goblehook

What are the odds that restia ended up as.the vessel of the fragment of fire elemental lord. Est should have destroyed the fragment of ren ashdoll. The powers of the darkness spirit should have been handed over to est. Then Restia should have been an empty vessel. While the fire elemental lord is freed at the same time.
goblehook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 12:40   Link #5992
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblehook View Post
What are the odds that restia ended up as.the vessel of the fragment of fire elemental lord. Est should have destroyed the fragment of ren ashdoll. The powers of the darkness spirit should have been handed over to est. Then Restia should have been an empty vessel. While the fire elemental lord is freed at the same time.
Maybe 1%?, Restia is Ren Ashdoll "will".
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 13:49   Link #5993
goblehook

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that Restia is the vessel of ren ashdoll's will. zzz so tired & sleepy, i'll think about it tom.
goblehook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 00:32   Link #5994
Chris38

It has been confirmed that Restia was the container of Ren Ashdoll's will, in volume 11, during her conversation with Kamito, about the events that occurred 3 years ago.

The reason why I said this in the past tense, is because it's still unknown if the resurrected Restia still contains Ren Ashdoll's will inside her, after she has transfered her psyche and powers to Kamito and Est.

Personally, I think it was just bad luck that the corrupted will of Ren Ashdoll awakened at the same time as when the party tried to free the Elemental Lords.

Still, the recent developments make me wonder what kind of role Restia is going to have in the rest of the story, since after all with the introduction of Est Zwei, being the combination of Est's powers and Restia's powers, with the added benefit of removing Est's curse, the possibility of Restia becoming Kamito's sword again, has been ... unfortunately lowered a little bit - unless she still possesses some powers, that only an awakened Demon King can use, which haven't been transfered to Est, and Restia will manage to recover them, in a reasonable amount of time.

Naturally this doesn't prevent her, from rejoining with Kamito and taking some other position ... in the Demon King's army - like being Kamito's mentor, and guide, for example ... since, Restia definitely has more knowledge about the powers that Kamito obtained as the legitimate successor to the Demon King, compared to what Kamito knows about them.

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-12-21 at 00:52.
Old 2013-12-21, 00:51   Link #5995
cloud04
Scanlator

basically wife shall return XD
Old 2013-12-21, 01:23   Link #5996
dragon1412

so the most vital question is : will Kamito become a lolicon or not ?
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 01:45   Link #5997
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Well, he has already a reputation of being attracted to little girls , and considering how much Restia means to him - I think the answer is that, yes ... he will become a lolicon.
Old 2013-12-26, 19:18   Link #5998
Thuruk
年上

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
That's no question at all; he already is! :-)
Old 2013-12-27, 02:12   Link #5999
Chris38

Well, on a slightly different topic, I wonder what volume 13 is going to be about...

At the current moment I think, that it will probably have Kamito start being involved in the war against the Alpha Theocracy - for the sake of getting him closer to the amnesic Restia's current location.

Although, I doubt that he and Restia are going to reunite, from the events of a single volume, but near the end of volume 13, Kamito will most likely, gain some clues that Restia has been revived.

I also think that we might learn more about the internal state of the Holy Kingdom of Lugia - like the information of who is currently leading this nation, and what kind of purpose he or she has had in trying to steel / destroy Est.

Finally, as usual ... we will probably get some moments where Kamito is called a Demon King of the Night / Day ... Afternoon, the girls commenting on him being a pervert etc. .... and also some developments between him, and one of the girls in his harem - personally, I hope that the girl who is going to be getting some developments in her relationship with Kamito is either going to be Rinslet (who has been getting the least amount of development, at least to me), or Est, who could start taking a more aggressive position in her relationship with Kamito, after her bond with Kamito has been ... more or less, approved by the legal wife
Old 2013-12-27, 09:42   Link #6000
Thuruk
年上

There should be about 6 more books, right? Well, I think it's likely that they'll only reunite after some of those.

Maybe they'll even be put on opposite sides of the war, somehow.

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap