AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-13, 03:19   Link #941
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
You may have your Tsukasa, I will go with Kagami.

Sleepy-mode Kagami this time,

Cheers.
I did a similiar one a few pages ago, a closeup if compared with yours. And there is another unclaimed:
Old 2007-04-13, 03:57   Link #942
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Claimed, Repped.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 04:06   Link #943
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I'm not sure what I prefer yet in an anime female, but it probably involves Rie Kugimiya and lots of angry shouting, possibly "Onichan you (insert rambling sentence) Baka" *Blunt Object* and such.
Awesome, they should make a series based on that!
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 05:31   Link #944
ilovewaffles

Somethings wrong.... I watched this series at 1 am, it's now 5:30am and I'm still dreadfully searching the internet for lyrics to the OP while having the OP on auto replay in the background X__________x

Someone translate this for me XD

Quote:
もってけ!セーラーふく (Motteke! Sailor Fuku)
by 平野 綾, 加藤 英美里, 福原 香織 & 遠藤 綾
(by Aya Hirano, Emiri Katou, Kaori Fukuhara & Aya Endo)

曖昧3cm、それプニってことかい? 超!
ら、ぐーんぐんな制服 らぶりーってことない? ぶん!
がんばっちゃう? やっちゃっちゃう? そんとっきゃちゃんとリリースよ

I say フー! I say フー! 谷間にダーリンダーリン フリーズ!

なん語る なんか出る 愛してる
あれ、1個が違ってる? むー
悩みん坊 鋼鉄棒 おいしん坊
いい加減にしなさい!

飛んでった アイツも 火照るかな?
だって、いわゆる普通の女のコ
驚いた 私だけ!?
豚骨 はりがね おかわりだだだだー!

ぼんぼん 応援団 Let’s get! チェリーパイ
らんらん 歓迎会 You’ve got a sensation!
はーい! 存在感 テンテン 小惑星
ぶつかって溶けました 呆然 多いに歌って 試練だー

持っていけ 最後に笑っちゃうのは私のハズ
セーラー服だからです、結論!
月曜日なのに機嫌悪いの、どうするよ?
夏服がいいのです かわいい☆

Saying! 3ピース そりゃ待てって躊躇だ(やーん)
がんばって!はりきって!
マイダーリン、ダーリン、ぷりーず☆
thanks i love you x_x
ilovewaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 05:33   Link #945
Skane
Anime Snark

It's been translated already. Refer to [a.f.k.]'s fansub. They included the lyrics of the OP.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-13, 05:35   Link #946
ilovewaffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
It's been translated already. Refer to [a.f.k.]'s fansub. They included the lyrics of the OP.

Cheers.
lol okay, thanks XD i got the SF-S =\ oh well . they subbed it with "something" a lot lol
ilovewaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 05:56   Link #947
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
About the quality of a.f.k.'s release, let me tell you something: I'm currently studying English translation, and what we've been always told at the Translation subject, is that a translation is not a translation of words, but a translation of content and context. You have to bring the content and translate it to another context. That means it should be adapted, while staying as close to the original meaning as possible (a full adaptation is something else, but the process is kind of similar). But yeah, if there isn't any "moe" in the usual speech of Americans, you should find some kind of equivalence for it in the context of an American dialog. I agree with a.f.k.'s choosing of doing this regardless of a supposed "knowledge" of the western fandom of such terms as "moe" (many, many people who watch fansubs don't post in these forums, and there are many who don't really know what moe is). And yeah, the "boku" part in Kanon was clearly the sign of a master.

OK, rambling about translation done.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 06:37   Link #948
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ever got tired of Kona-chan's cat smile?

Spoiler for kiss:

Seems to me Konata is the only unique character here in Lucky Star since she's the MOST different among's the others in design.

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2007-04-13 at 08:51.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 06:56   Link #949
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Blinking Kagami:

Barking Kagami (it's the scene where she yells at Miyuki after the medical checkup)

Old 2007-04-13, 08:19   Link #950
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

So unfunny.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 08:33   Link #951
Woland
Latin Rascal

Wow, the competition level for Kagami is scaring! really!

Well let's see, how about this one?

v2

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 09:00   Link #952
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
About the quality of a.f.k.'s release, let me tell you something: I'm currently studying English translation, and what we've been always told at the Translation subject, is that a translation is not a translation of words, but a translation of content and context. You have to bring the content and translate it to another context. That means it should be adapted, while staying as close to the original meaning as possible (a full adaptation is something else, but the process is kind of similar). But yeah, if there isn't any "moe" in the usual speech of Americans, you should find some kind of equivalence for it in the context of an American dialog. I agree with a.f.k.'s choosing of doing this regardless of a supposed "knowledge" of the western fandom of such terms as "moe" (many, many people who watch fansubs don't post in these forums, and there are many who don't really know what moe is). And yeah, the "boku" part in Kanon was clearly the sign of a master.

OK, rambling about translation done.
OOT: Out of curiousity, just how did a.f.k. get the "boku" thing across in their version?
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 09:07   Link #953
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Pretty cool. This looks like a rough from the storyboarding for this. Is that the case?
Old 2007-04-13, 09:09   Link #954
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
NO! No Storyboard, No Pacing! Moe Moe, More Important Damnit! *Smashes Table and fork flys across the room* Grah Not Enough Time To Get More Moe In, Need Think Less More Moe.

That aside I'd like to talk about one of the things that bothers me about Kyoto Animation. There seeming need to have every product they do be as emasculating as possible. So if we start with the series that made them huge, Haruhi is loud a loud bossy teenager with breasts that seem to get more shapely with each passing episode, and the men, specifically Kyon the more normal and level headed male and Itsuki who is arguably as level headed are forced to submit to her will. Then we have Yuki who is arguably just as powerful as Haruhi and so yeah, the men are pathetic. Then we move to Kanon where all the girls are like unrealistic angels in terms of their nature and then we have the one male presence in the entire series in Yuuchi who I think has a good shot at winning the annual biggest douche in the universe award. So again Kyoto Animation attempts to show that men suck and we've got men are weak and douches, oh and apparentely always wrong. Then we move on to Lucky Star and I learn from Konata that Foreigners are evil and she proceeds to beat the crap out of a western male. So now we are not only apparently subordinate to women and douches, but now we are evil "Evil Male Gaijin" and need to be taught a lesson by lolis. So my question to Kyoto Animation is.... Why do you hate my demographic so damn much?

I guess then if the trend continues I am to assume that Clannad is about a white American jerkass males relationship with the most moe and angelic looking loli ever and him getting put in his place and pummeled every episode by her to the cheers of the fanbase?
Quote:
Quite possibly the last time that ever happens in a Kyoto Animation work too. There having way too successful a run with the moe gig to return to that anytime soon if ever. Guess Full Metal Panic Film Partners will pass the torch to another animation studio again like they did with Gonzo.

@Wanderingknight: Yeah in the Haruhi books Kyon was much better and I'm sure unvoiced Yuuchi was a fairly nice guy, but Sugita Tomokazu has the uncanny ability to make every character he does come across as a complete and unmitigated jerkoff. I don't know how he does it, but it could serve him really well in the right role. He should be playing villain characters that get under your skin, not a harem guy. That being said, yes recently females have been the lead in most shows recently and the men are now fairly weak. I guess its revenge for all the times the female characters got slapped around in Gundam and 70's/80's mecha anime, which would be a hell of a lot. I think they have about 20 years to make up for now. Better get a helmet guy's its going to be all 12 rounds.
Okay, Kaioshin, you leave me no choice but to go OT and call you out on this one (and yes, you know I mean business when I'm no longer trying to pin a moe-ified suffix on you). But I have to say it; you are just being totally unfair. monir-san stated earlier that he doesn't think you talk out of your ass.....but if what you just said wasn't you talking out of your ass, I don't know what is.

First Specimen of Kaioshin's Lack of Fairness: Kyoto Animation's Kanon (2006)

I'll be honest, Kaioshin, I am absolutely flabbergasted that you can describe the Kanon girls as "unrealistic angels in terms of their nature". Especially when earlier on, you claimed, and I quote you, that "the girls are obnoxiously cute, but it's done naturally".

Which is the truth? Or are you just flip-flopping according to your fancy? Which side of you am I supposed to take seriously, the "tsun-tsun" or the "dere-dere" side? Or is one just as much of a lie as the other?

If I'm not mistaken, you only lasted, at most, five episodes of Kanon (2006) before dropping it because of your paranoia that made you mistakenly believe that the Kanon regulars are going to go HARUHI-MODE on you, right? In other words, your criticism of KyoAni's Yuuichi as a male lead with "a good shot at winning the annual biggest douche in the universe award" is merely an observation based on what you saw of Yuuichi for the first five episodes....which means you never saw the character development of Yuuichi for the remaining 19 episodes, which in other words, means you're making a judgement on KyoAni's Yuuichi on a baseless assumption.

No wonder you're judging KyoAni's Yuuichi with words better suited for Toei's Yuuichi. You don't know jack shit about the guy, and in fact, I'm wondering whether you're judging Toei's Yuuichi instead, and assuming with no basis whatsoever that KyoAni's Yuuichi is cut from the same mould. How do you expect people to take you seriously that way?

....oh, and about that thing about men being always in the wrong? Get used to it, it's a view held by half of the world population.

Second Specimen of Kaioshin's Lack of Fairness: Tomokazu Sugita

Again, you're beating the dead horse about the choice of Sugita as Yuuichi not to your taste. And again, I have to bring up the same point; how many episodes of Kanon did you manage in the end? Five, to put it generously? No wonder all you heard of Sugita's performance as Yuuichi was indeed as you say....except you entirely missed out on the best parts of his voice performance throughout Kanon 2K6.

In other words, you're committing the same mistake again; you're judging Sugita's performance as Yuuichi with words better suited to his performance as Kyon, and in fact, I'm wondering whether you're judging Sugita as Kyon instead, and assuming with no basis whatsoever that it's the same as his performance as Yuuichi. Maybe you just don't like his voice, in which case I'm not going to condemn you for your personal preferences....but what I'm calling you out on, is that you're not giving him a chance in the first place.

I conclude my call-out of you here. I'll be honest with you, Kaioshin; if it was anybody else saying the same things you do, I'll probably have gone HARUHI-MODE on him by now, as you no doubt already know of my reputation here on these boards. But in your case, I'm doing my best to talk to you as a friend here; I feel you deserve as much, since I feel that you make good points at your best times, and you also show signs that your worst times are basically due to you lacking proper judgement at the time due to lack of sleep; something I've been through before myself. Still, my advice is; despite whatever strong opinions you may have about any particular topic, please try to run whatever you wish to say through your head the next time, instead of throwing them out right from your ass. At the rate you're going now, you should understand why you're not making that many friends around here.

Quote:
It's probably because every Kyoto Animation show is an instant hit no matter what it is. They don't really have to do anything to begin with other than have their name on it, kind of like Bones and to a lesser extent Sunrise and and Gainax. The company honestly needs their own forum along with Sunrise, Gainax and BONES. I'm starting to wonder if that's how it should go from here on out. Just have a forum for each big company and empty it out once a year.

Really though its just me and a bunch of the same guys posting over and over again. If you look at it its actually only about 10-15 people posting all that frequently. Thank me for the long ass thread.
And just like Bones, Sunrise and Gainax, KyoAni started from the bottom; would you care to go way back in time and check on the FMP and AIR (TV) threads, at the time when KyoAni were just a new company starting on their first indepedent projects? I'll bet you that there wasn't any "instant hit" talk back then. So you may moan and bitch about KyoAni this, KyoAni that....but the fact is, they earned their reputation just as much as the aforementioned three studios.

So once again, you're being unfair. Chill, please.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 09:19   Link #955
Larcx
Zetsubou

may i request konata avatar
the time is from 5:11-5:13
when she eat the ice cream
and please make it less than 37kb
Thx so much^^
Larcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 09:26   Link #956
radancein

I could have swore this thread was only 40 pages long when I checked yesterday, and now I have to read for another 15-20 minutes before I can add my 2 cents.

Anyway, it looks like most of my thoughts are already expressed by others. Lucky Star seems to be an above average show, and I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode.

Unlike many on here, I quite like the food segment, but then again, I was one of the few laughing my head off while watching Haruhi episode 0.
radancein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 09:32   Link #957
Sai the Dreamer
Dead Sexy
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
So once again, you're being unfair. Chill, please.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

One thing I'd like to add is that you're probably picturing series the wrong way if you think a studio defines the series' success. KyoAni being the team to produce Lucky Star merely makes it a series with high expectations; it does not necessarily mean Lucky Star will be spectacular, as has been proven by the very mixed responses to the first episode. That is to say though most people are only watching the series because it was produced by Kyoto Animation, they aren't necessarily enjoying the series for that same reason.

But really, chill out - they're just a harmless little anime production studio.
Sai the Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 09:36   Link #958
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcx View Post
may i request konata avatar
the time is from 5:11-5:13
when she eat the ice cream
and please make it less than 37kb
Thx so much^^
An amended version of one that I did earlier.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-13, 09:43   Link #959
Larcx
Zetsubou

Tq very musch skane
Larcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 10:05   Link #960
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

^Hey we're twins .

No biggie; Ep 2 should have more avatar material.
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen