AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 36 40.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 38.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-20, 03:13   Link #101
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
What a shocker.

Still, at least this episode justifies the possible fact that Aono isn't at all blood-related to Yorito further, or simply that she didn't feel that their relationship would only be sibling.
Spoiler:

Digging a little deeper into the relationship the three (Matsuri, Yorito and Aono) had before, and perhaps we would not be so critical of one of those characters.
Old 2007-05-20, 04:03   Link #102
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

ok that too much spoiler from some like me who haven even watch>.< btw did matsuri die? so those who say aono and yorito is lover back then is truth ka?
Old 2007-05-20, 04:10   Link #103
Nemesis2124

It's still unclear exactly what their relationship was in the past. Though we can probably say with utmost certainty that they're not related at least.

And no, I wouldn't presume she died....yet... >_>
Old 2007-05-20, 05:08   Link #104
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis2124 View Post
It's still unclear exactly what their relationship was in the past. Though we can probably say with utmost certainty that they're not related at least.
where did you get this from? at present time aono is a 200 year old yaka so yea she wouldnt be related to yorito but in the past who says that she isnt his blood related sister? (reincarnation or recreation the yorito now is surely being manipulated by aono in some way or another)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-20, 05:21   Link #105
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

I went back to check the flashbacks, and it kills me to find out that none of them show how past-Yorito addresses Aono. Also, I like how they did Aono's "SEED-mode". Thus far, people usually use a blink to show the change in the eyes, but in this case, Aono's eyes remained open while her eyes gradually changed along with the lightning flash. I think it was a nice artistic touch.

This episode also strengthens my notion from my Ep06 write-up that Aono needs therapy, NOW. I feel like a Mexican Jumping Bean waiting for the fansub.

Oh, and good grief, Sae doing the "previews"? Also, it was rather ominous that the sky in the preview no longer remained blue, but turned red.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-20, 06:07   Link #106
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

but then if in the past she and yorito is really blood related why will a blood related sister try and get a date with her brother jeslous between her brother and matsuri and controlling her brother to kill matsuri
Old 2007-05-20, 06:27   Link #107
Boukenxha

Spoiler for ep 7:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Oh, and good grief, Sae doing the "previews"? Also, it was rather ominous that the sky in the preview no longer remained blue, but turned red.
Good catch!
Old 2007-05-20, 06:44   Link #108
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
This episode also strengthens my notion from my Ep06 write-up that Aono needs therapy, NOW. I feel like a Mexican Jumping Bean waiting for the fansub.
I can relate to this. Both parts of the quote Seriously, i am about to gnaw on my keyboard if i don't get my Sola fix. I had rather high expectations of this show and not only did it not fail them, it has surpassed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Yar... more fuel to my paranoia detector. Either way ... i really want to see how this all ends, but i dread the results at the same time . And i get a very ominous feeling regarding the ep9 title.
Old 2007-05-20, 06:53   Link #109
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

maybe that sky slowly significant the ending ka? most probably toward the end it will be dark or maybe at last episode if matsuri get to see the sky it will be bright blue
Old 2007-05-20, 07:38   Link #110
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatsu View Post
Spoiler for ep 7:
Yes, that part certainly caught my attention as well. When Yorito was on top of the hill together with Aono, he seemed unable to recall the past (「この前は…この前…」/"kono mae wa...kono mae..."). His thought was interrupted by Aono's umbrella being blown away though (intentionally maybe?). That scene strongly reminded me of the theory that Aono is manipulating Yorito's memory.
Old 2007-05-20, 08:06   Link #111
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post

Like Skane said, I don't think there are "bosses" in erogames. Maybe Tsukihime? But I'm in the middle of playing that, so no spoilers please.

And I'm really thinking I need to find a copy of School Days. Is it wrong for me to want to play a game for the bad endings? (I keep killing myself in the aforementioned game because Ciel-sensei is ~so~ cute.)

Uh, *cough Fate/stay night cough*

I'm for the incest angle too. That would be one of the few reasons why she couldn't be with Yorito other than the usual Yorito is about to run off with Matsuri. Back then first cousin pairings were acceptable. If they were truly in love and not brother and sister, she could have ran off with him. It would also tie in better with her still trying to maintain that front but still wanting to date him.
Unfortunately, if this Yorito is not the original but a reincarnation then they are not truly blood related and that she messed with a total stranger's head. His current family is probably in tears right now if that is what happened.

It could also be that all this time she was trying to make him forget about Matsuri thru mind manipulation again and that those thoughts of Matsuri such as the umbrella scene signify that Matsuri remnants were breaking thru her control which was why she was also thinking how is this happening since she was so successful in the past with manipulating him. I bet his sky obsession is also a manisfestation of those memories trying to come thru. I bet that Yorito needs to disappear for a while to regain full control.

Last edited by orion; 2007-05-20 at 08:24.
Old 2007-05-20, 08:14   Link #112
Boukenxha

Definitely intentional, dangling carrots before us rabbits!

And ahem.. for a moment everyone close your eyes to forget what Aono did in ep 7... saw the red rubber boots that Aono was wearing? So Cute!
Old 2007-05-20, 08:28   Link #113
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
maybe that sky slowly significant the ending ka? most probably toward the end it will be dark or maybe at last episode if matsuri get to see the sky it will be bright blue
That would be cool. The sky in the previews acts like an episode barometer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatsu View Post
Definitely intentional, dangling carrots before us rabbits!

And ahem.. for a moment everyone close your eyes to forget what Aono did in ep 7... saw the red rubber boots that Aono was wearing? So Cute!

Prob signifies all the blood that she has spilled in the past and present. A manisfestation of all her victims.

Let's see how low Kaede-type will descend for her obsession.
Old 2007-05-20, 08:28   Link #114
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
I went back to check the flashbacks, and it kills me to find out that none of them show how past-Yorito addresses Aono. Also, I like how they did Aono's "SEED-mode". Thus far, people usually use a blink to show the change in the eyes, but in this case, Aono's eyes remained open while her eyes gradually changed along with the lightning flash. I think it was a nice artistic touch.

Cheers.
Oh, before I forget....

Foot for breakfast, Skane-sama? Your psycho-moe meter failed to pick Aono up, far as I remember.
Old 2007-05-20, 08:43   Link #115
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Oh, before I forget....

Foot for breakfast, Skane-sama? Your psycho-moe meter failed to pick Aono up, far as I remember.
I never denied it to her in the first place. I only spoke out in Mana's case because I felt that people were overthinking about her situation. It is not my habit to lay bare ALL my personal speculation unless I want to have an open discussion about it.

You can't expect me to give episodic readings of each girl's psycho-moe meter for every show I watch, for every week.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-20, 08:46   Link #116
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
You can't expect me to give episodic readings of each girl's psycho-moe meter for every show I watch, for every week.
Oh, but I do. J/K
Old 2007-05-20, 08:52   Link #117
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for ep07:
Old 2007-05-20, 09:01   Link #118
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Unfortunately, if this Yorito is not the original but a reincarnation then they are not truly blood related and that she messed with a total stranger's head. His current family is probably in tears right now if that is what happened.
that gives me a thought which shows that aono is more a sister to yorito rather than a cousin ~ yorito is like a blank sheet of paper free for aono to manipulate so why did she choose yorito to be her brother rather than her lover? its probably the deep connection in the past that she has had with him cannot be changed...she probably would want to change but yet again finds it completetly compulsory that she should carry on living with him as a strictly brother/sister relationship...

and yorito's real family is already 6 feet under my guess is

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-20, 09:13   Link #119
orion

That would give her a real tragic feel that even those who want her in hell might sympathize with.

She fell in love with her brother and always wants to be by his side but can't in the conjugal sense. He was oblivious in past and present because that's his sister. He meets Matsuri twice and wants to be with her both times. The triangle is set again. Aono did her preemptive strike this time because the last time didn't go so well.
Old 2007-05-20, 11:36   Link #120
Nemesis2124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
where did you get this from? at present time aono is a 200 year old yaka so yea she wouldnt be related to yorito but in the past who says that she isnt his blood related sister? (reincarnation or recreation the yorito now is surely being manipulated by aono in some way or another)
I'm mostly going off the, "That's a lie! He's your---", line in episode 6. As of episode 7 though, I'm also getting the impression that the reason she fashioned Yorito to be her brother(if she did at all) isn't because it was their previous status. Rather, I'm thinking she did so because she realized she had little chance of winning his heart, and thus used the family angle to guarantee that he'd never totally disregard her. Which is obviously having rather limited success in her eyes. =)

EDIT: Wow, we sure did break 100 before the sub release. ^_^

Last edited by Nemesis2124; 2007-05-20 at 11:48.
Closed Thread