AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-13, 08:24   Link #7581
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well, plasma is a high energy state and electricity flowing through air is plasma.

@Zero:I can only imagine the electric weapons being banned if you're in an IS competition. Plus a civilian taser shouldn't be illegal right?(I know they have those lower voltaged ones for self-defense use, though I doubt the claims of them being non-lethal.)

@Eratas: I think we have hand-sized tasers now that go into the thousands of volts. I think I saw somewhere on the net some tasers go to a million volts or more?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 08:26   Link #7582
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Well, plasma is a high energy state and electricity flowing through air is plasma.

@Zero:I can only imagine the electric weapons being banned if you're in an IS competition. Plus a civilian taser shouldn't be illegal right?(I know they have those lower voltaged ones for self-defense use, though I doubt the claims of them being non-lethal.)
Taser are categorized under 'less-lethal' self defense weapon (=used in certain way and you can easily kill someone, but mostly only make minor-to moderate injury) and you should have a license in USA, dunno about Japan though. And as I said, Taser likely too weak for I.S. to recognize, hence the barrier will not be activated.

Though bear in mind, since I.S. boosted the pilot's body capabilities, the stun effect, at best only result in few second or so....
Old 2011-11-13, 08:31   Link #7583
Eratas123

@ Demino - If you want to stop the pilot, you have to knock them out. Bullets hurt Ichika but they're more akin to bricks being thrown at him than actual lethal shots. The best way to knock out the pilot would be to

a. Punch them in the face or gut with enough force to knock them out

or

b. Cut of their air supply using choking methods. It's technically non-lethal if done correctly and won't activate absolute defense.
Old 2011-11-13, 08:32   Link #7584
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Forget what I said about the taser.

Apparently you need high amps instead of high voltage. If that's so I can only imagine an illegally modified one, if that's even possible to modify the amps delivered.

EDIT:
An interesting thought came to me. Realistically, if Laura deployed AIC to any living thing not in a stasis like barrier that an IS has, she will kill them by basically choking them.
Old 2011-11-13, 08:39   Link #7585
Eratas123

@ Zero - How come Cecilia knows about PT and fought them with Laura? She isn't military.

@ Demino - No one's suicidal enough to go against a barrier that stops bullets. You either run around it or you run way from it.
Old 2011-11-13, 08:50   Link #7586
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
An interesting thought came to me. Realistically, if Laura deployed AIC to any living thing not in a stasis like barrier that an IS has, she will kill them by basically choking them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Demino - No one's suicidal enough to go against a barrier that stops bullets. You either run around it or you run way from it.
Ichika IS suicidal enough, but he does have a plan or two.

Or just use plain old Laser Cannon, AIC can't do jack against it.

Quote:
@ Zero - How come Cecilia knows about PT and fought them with Laura? She isn't military.
Likely informed by the government that [Silent Zephyr], BT's sister unit is stolen by terrorist organization, later known as Phantom Task.
Old 2011-11-13, 08:55   Link #7587
demino_hellsin
That one guy

particle weapons can be stopped.

@zero: your statement makes me wonder why Cecilia didn't just bombard Laura with the BT units from a respectable distance. In a spread formation >.>
Old 2011-11-13, 08:58   Link #7588
Eratas123

@ Zero - He's an exception because of the barrier nullifier he has. He's the only one in Shadow who can take out barrier enemies, Kyuukai and Irish sure as hell can't do it.

Random question: Why the hell is every girl in IS academy so horny? Shouldn't they be less perverted due to their lack of male contact? Instead we get students who suggest "Ichika and the cowbot" as a festival game!

@ Demino - Cecilia is a noble girl, not a soldier. She doesn't think things through in battle like Laura, Charlotte and Tatenashi.
Old 2011-11-13, 09:00   Link #7589
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
particle weapons can be stopped.

@zero: your statement makes me wonder why Cecilia didn't just bombard Laura with the BT units from a respectable distance. In a spread formation >.>
LASER! I SAID LASER!

Bear in mind, Cecilia's weapons are BEAM PARTICLE WEAPON, those particle in question has physical bodies and most important, MASS, which went too INERTIA. and Laura's equipment is Active Inertia Canceller (A.I.C.)

Since photon is unique particle, being so tiny that they doesn't even have physical mass at all, add the fact that there's no way to put them UNDER speed of light, Laser can't be stopped by that pesky system called A.I.C.

(Oh and Photon also recognized as wave, it's called quantum dualism effect, you should know this already)
Old 2011-11-13, 09:01   Link #7590
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Shoujo manga, TV, seeing real boys outside of IS academy, being isolated with tons of celphone drama/online romance fiction. Do we really need to list all of the reasons?

@zero: Oh, I thought her BT units were listed as optical weapons. My bad.

EDIT:
Thinking about it now, AIC should only be able to completely stop projectiles because those things run on inertia. For stuff like Ichika's rushing in and Cecilia's BT units which are flying in which don't rely on inertia shouldn't they be unaffected? please correct me if I'm wrong here.
Old 2011-11-13, 09:05   Link #7591
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@zero: Oh, I thought her BT units were listed as optical weapons. My bad.
You're not wrong, I'm very sorry.

BT weapons are called "Laser Rifle" and "Optical Drones" respectively, but the explanation for how their works and the fact that everyone else called her weapon 'beam'...it's really beam particle weapon at its finest.

They're just Laser in name only, like those in Macross.

Had Cecilia is more skilled (and you can't blame her, BT weapon need A LOT of concentration and she's still amateur) she can jsut surround her from all sides, since A.I.C. can only cover 30-45 degrees in one direction.
Old 2011-11-13, 09:05   Link #7592
Eratas123

@ Demino - Yes, I'd like to hear all your reasons

In all seriousness - This applies even to adults like Maya. What, did the government not realize that maybe separating males and females after grade school would end up blowing up in their face?

@ Zero - What do you think the reason is?
Old 2011-11-13, 09:12   Link #7593
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

My reasoning is that most girls are just that, haven't seeing real guys for a long time, the one that meet guys all the time, like Houki, Rin, or Ran, not as excited if it's not Ichika.

I can believe at least 60% of them hates the current system, 35% doesn't care, 4% pro, and 1% extrimist. Hence why our guys not always abused all the freaking time.

EDIT: Oh and you know, basically any guys that has convincing reason to stay in the academy has a good chance being chick magnet, as long as they're not jerkass or plain perverted like Pigsy. If Dan stay up longer Utsuho woul;wouldn't be the only victim of his limited charm (hey at least he's handsome and tall! )
Old 2011-11-13, 09:18   Link #7594
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: that clears up a lot

@eratas: You have general media showing romance and possibly taking sexual tension as major plot point for most media in entertainment. Much like IS is. Then you have all that stuff accessible to the girls. The stages become logically

curious->want->obssession.

Considering they have or are undergoing these stages while being separated from guys most of the time. It's like their hormonally driven, but sadly deprived, minds are aching for some male attention/TLC. Ichika now becomes the proverbial meat thrown to the dogs.

Just my views. I am no expert on women.
Old 2011-11-13, 09:23   Link #7595
Eratas123

Our guys aren't abused all the freaking time? The only one who doesn't get abused is Kyuukai and Inami. The rest tend to get screwed over a lot.

Another question - There are only 467 cores. The students in IS academy number in the thousands at the very least. So what happens to those who don't get picked to be a personal user? All the classes we've seen so far are IS related, no subjects like math, science, history etc etc. So how will they get a job and go to college? I doubt theoretical IS physics would be an accepted subject grade.

@ Demino - So basically, it's like covering yourself with meat sauce, going up to a lions den, and trying to provoke them?
Old 2011-11-13, 09:30   Link #7596
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Our guys aren't abused all the freaking time? The only one who doesn't get abused is Kyuukai and Inami. The rest tend to get screwed over a lot.
Correction, only Irish get abused all the time, Max just get down as the target of common prank, but no abuse whatsoever. And girls around Octans just plain mindscrewy and near-insane that they have no time for romantic abuse

Quote:
Another question - There are only 467 cores. The students in IS academy number in the thousands at the very least. So what happens to those who don't get picked to be a personal user? All the classes we've seen so far are IS related, no subjects like math, science, history etc etc. So how will they get a job and go to college? I doubt theoretical IS physics would be an accepted subject grade.
In novel, most of them went to become I.S. researcher/ engineer themselves. Some of them might become a teacher or school staff. The rest, well, since I.S. Academy is prestigious high school with extra lesson (Ichika said that mundane subject still given, though not shown), I don't see they're accepted in prestigious university (to be a researcher for example). Their future is bright.

(In Sacred Twins, Ichika get 5th highest score at math, on par with Char, and he's ranked 3rd in physic, the first being Madoka and the second is Cecilia, he has 1st rank in Classical literature and Japanese, and ranked BOTTOM for I.S. related test)
Old 2011-11-13, 09:32   Link #7597
demino_hellsin
That one guy

LN volume 3 mentions they have regular subjects.

@Eratas: And to that, I would answer a definite "yes"
Old 2011-11-13, 09:39   Link #7598
Eratas123

@ Zero - Mind screw counts as abuse. Hell, he gets the worst ending considering he gets either killed by a bullet/sickness/suicide.

Browning also uses Max as her training dummy so I think that counts as abuse. Meister even mentioned that he's not scared of thugs because they're nothing compared to what Browning can do.

The researcher thing seems interesting though. How come males can't do it? Being researchers isn't a female only job is it?

Side note - Just read your edit. So only Irish (Jerkass) and Pigsy (pervert) avoid being chick magnets? Makes sense I don't know if Pigsy gets better though, Irish becomes less of a jerkass as time passes.
Old 2011-11-13, 09:44   Link #7599
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
The researcher thing seems interesting though. How come males can't do it? Being researchers isn't a female only job is it?
Well, not sure. But since I.S. technology and development being part of curriculum, makes sense that most Researcher of I.S. being female, however since I.S. technology should be left open to the world, that won't stop male who smart/determined enough to be an I.S. engineer/researcher (Max is an extreme example, but still plausible).

Quote:
Side note - Just read your edit. So only Irish (Jerkass) and Pigsy (pervert) avoid being chick magnets? Makes sense I don't know if Pigsy gets better though, Irish becomes less of a jerkass as time passes.
Yup, as Irish became less Jerkass, he gain his own harem.
Old 2011-11-13, 09:56   Link #7600
Eratas123

@ Zero - I'm guessing that male researchers are also treated negatovely by their female compatriots?

Side note - Writing a harem is hard because you essentially turn the females into shallow robots. Every human being is unique, I find it hard to believe that they spend their time obsessing over this one guy and act like crazy fangirls when they see him.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest