AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-05, 23:04   Link #81
HandofFate

Only thing that really felt weird to me was when Tatsuya encountered Mizuki and learned about her sensitive eyesight. In the LN, he kind of tried to misdirect attention from it to her being self-conscious of her eyesight.

But in the anime, they made it seem much more sinister, like he was planning to kill her right there or something. Threw me for a loop.
Old 2014-04-05, 23:08   Link #82
rladls716

No rather I felt Tatsuya's fetish for Miyuki's eyes are awakened.
I have a feeling he will comment often about Miyuki's eyes in the future episodes.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 23:21   Link #83
questmas

After reading this thread, I had to go back and watch the OP 5 times just find everything everyone was talking about. I can't believe how many spoilers are in the OP....

Anyway, how much of the story do you think the anime will cover? I can see it covering up to yokohama with reminiscence as flashbacks. In fact, i feel like reminiscence won't make much sense without yokohama.
questmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 23:22   Link #84
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls716 View Post
No rather I felt Tatsuya's fetish for Miyuki's eyes are awakened.
I have a feeling he will comment often about Miyuki's eyes in the future episodes.
Miyuki? Not Mizuki? If so, I missed this fetish.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 23:29   Link #85
Galacticichi

Everyone is a weed!
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 23:34   Link #86
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

I just watch the 1st eps of Mahouka and I think it was a great eps.
Only a minor stuff was left out and it seem to follow the LN quite well and hopefully it wouls continue doing so.

By the look of the end credit, the anime would do the first 2 arc (Enrollment and Nine Schools Competition) which is 4 volumes in 26 eps. Let hope that is enough and they don't screw it up.

Well, since the anime hype me up I guess I have to re-read the LN.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 23:34   Link #87
Verisimilitude

You know guys, it's only taken 1 episode for some people in the anime thread to say Gary Stu. What the heck was in the 1st episode that even made Tatsuya seem like a Gary Stu anway?
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 23:35   Link #88
rladls716

It was when Tatsuya and Mizuki first met at the student assembly.
The part where Mizuki commented how she sees Tatsuya and Miyuki has same aura.
And Tatsuya got wary of Mizuki's eye seeing ability and said Mizuki has good eyes.
But to me it is like he has awaken his fetish for Mizuki's eyes.
At least to me!
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 23:38   Link #89
TonyC1994
Unknown

So, what are your guy's first impression of the episode 1 so far? Any gripes or praises? I have yet to see it, but I'm pretty excited.
TonyC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 23:41   Link #90
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticichi View Post

Everyone is a weed!
ahahahaha I missed that. Is this the first mistake of the season? Did you catch it? If so, be proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
So, what are your guy's first impression of the episode 1 so far? Any gripes or praises? I have yet to see it, but I'm pretty excited.
Hey Tony, it's really good! Did everything I wanted too personally. I think you won't be disappointed. Plus the opening sequence (Shown at the end) Shows Katsuo using Phallanx! It's different from how I expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
You know guys, it's only taken 1 episode for some people in the anime thread to say Gary Stu. What the heck was in the 1st episode that even made Tatsuya seem like a Gary Stu anway?
I think I've seen that guy on some LN threads before. He probably checked into our most recent Mary Sue discussion. It's kind of really sad the LN thread basically closed on that note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
By the look of the end credit, the anime would do the first 2 arc (Enrollment and Nine Schools Competition) which is 4 volumes in 26 eps. Let hope that is enough and they don't screw it up.

Well, since the anime hype me up I guess I have to re-read the LN.
Well 2 cour shows typically have 2 opening and closing credits. The 9SC being shown in the first cour's opening would probably mean it's going to start while we're still within the first 12 episodes.
Old 2014-04-05, 23:54   Link #91
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Well first Tatsuya is a very Stu-ish character if you can't admit this you are deluding yourself. This does not mean he is a bad character.

but in the ep you first have standard Miyuki fan girling saying he was the best in pretty much everything. then there is the fight with his sensei. even the fact that his father wants him to work for his company rather than go to school is Stu-ish
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 23:56   Link #92
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Well first Tatsuya is a very Stu-ish character if you can't admit this you are deluding yourself. This does not mean he is a bad character.

but in the ep you first have standard Miyuki fan girling saying he was the best in pretty much everything. then there is the fight with his sensei. even the fact that his father wants him to work for his company rather than go to school is Stu-ish
That last part isn't completely Stu-ish. Unlike some other countries, in japan your compulsory education ends at middle school, and you don't have to go to highschool, you can just go get a job. Which is what Tatsuya's dad wanted. So, It might be Stu-ish if you know how advanced that job is (anime only viewers would have no idea) but it's also completely normal
Old 2014-04-05, 23:58   Link #93
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post

Hey Tony, it's really good! Did everything I wanted too personally. I think you won't be disappointed. Plus the opening sequence (Shown at the end) Shows Katsuo using Phallanx! It's different from how I expected.
shown in the first cour's opening would probably mean it's going to start while we're still within the first 12 episodes.
Nice! I really can't wait to watch it. Usually I wait for an anime to finish airing before watching it, but I don't think I can do that with this one.
Old 2014-04-05, 23:59   Link #94
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:

Everyone is a weed!
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Fixed.
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 00:10   Link #95
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Fixed.
Haha! Is Tatsuya always high? Someone needs to drug test him!

I don't know if I was the first to find that because I haven't been around but I did screencap that myself. It's weird because they pan out in a myriad of other scenes and they're uniforms were fine. Funny though.

Anonfr, how was Mari?
Old 2014-04-06, 00:13   Link #96
IceHism

Some people i come across have already started to drop to the anime after seeing that the first episode was slow....

oh my...., usually i would say "don't judge a book by its cover"
but..... that's pretty sad.

also, they think this is gonna be full of harem, and incest... oh little do they know.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 00:20   Link #97
anonfr

Quote:
Haha! Is Tatsuya always high? Someone needs to drug test him!

I don't know if I was the first to find that because I haven't been around but I did screencap that myself. It's weird because they pan out in a myriad of other scenes and they're uniforms were fine. Funny though.

Anonfr, how was Mari?
ahahahaha @Syokool and Galacticichi man you guys are killing me in my seat.

I think Mari's voice bothered me less than I thought it would. Same with Mayumi.

In the PV's those 2 VA's sounded way too much like previous characters for me to differentiate, but I think a few episodes in and I'll be completely used too it.

Still not sure if I'll get around to feeling Mari sounds right. I think I just imagined her slightly different, but it's good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Some people i come across have already started to drop to the anime after seeing that the first episode was slow....

also, they think this is gonna be full of harem, and incest... oh little do they know.
We got some sharp kids around. Or you know, the last 10 pages of the LN forum had shipping, incest, and mary sue talk. So there is always that.

I think if I saw this before I read it I would be sold on just the Dojo scene. I really like how this series is getting treated.
Old 2014-04-06, 00:21   Link #98
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post

Jeez seriously? Well let them, that's actually a good thing. That way there will be less idiots moaning about how much they hate the show each episode.
Old 2014-04-06, 00:24   Link #99
TonyC1994
Unknown

Just saw the first episode, have to say I am VERY content with the adaption so far. I was worried that they might give Tatsuya too much emotions(like in the manga) but it turned out really well.
Old 2014-04-06, 00:42   Link #100
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
Just saw the first episode, have to say I am VERY content with the adaption so far. I was worried that they might give Tatsuya too much emotions(like in the manga) but it turned out really well.
I forgot that was a fear of mine. Man that would've been horrible!

I think the adaption so far made me like Erika more; The scene where Tatsuya meets Mizuki and Erika, and Erika keeps repeating their last names (Shiba, Shibata, Chiba) was not from the LN and I smiled at that.