Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-04-12, 17:01   Link #1061
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
^There is hardly any evidence to support that anyone is stronger than Madara at this point so saying Sasuke might be stronger than Madara without any real material to assist in verifying such a claim is foolish.
In fact, there is no evidence at all that the current Madara is stronger than anyone.
Old 2010-04-12, 17:47   Link #1062
Danku81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
In fact, there is no evidence at all that the current Madara is stronger than anyone.
I guess the only proof can come from last chapter. Madara stated that if he fought he would be greatly weakend. So i'm assuming he was talking about fighting with kabuto, pain, kakuzu, itachi, sasori, and deidara. That in no way sounds like a weak line up.
Danku81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 17:59   Link #1063
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Exactly. It goes both ways so to make such a claim as though it were proven is foolish.
Old 2010-04-13, 00:01   Link #1064
Rei Kaiga

Thru like past events and statistics idk im not sure since Uchiha can control the Kyuubi so idk but once naruto fully masters the Kyuubi sasuke wont be able to control
Rei Kaiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 09:16   Link #1065
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei Kaiga View Post
Thru like past events and statistics idk im not sure since Uchiha can control the Kyuubi so idk but once naruto fully masters the Kyuubi sasuke wont be able to control
Yes, that's because he can only control the Kyuubi's soul and hatred, not the chakra. As long as the Kyuubi stays in his cage and only gives the chakra to Naruto, everything should be fine.
Old 2010-04-13, 11:12   Link #1066
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

Just wondering, shouldn't Naruto's taijutsu be far beyond Sasuke's in Sage Mode? Or have I missed a boost to Sasuke at some point? I wouldn't have thought possible that Sasuke was a 'sage mode' ahead of him taijutsu wise before Naruto got it.

Do his eye powerups improve him in general? He seemed to use the white snake abilities more in close combat and he has lost those.
Seraphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 14:05   Link #1067
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I don't know how you missed it but Sasuke already became even more powerful now that he has the Eternal MS. I mean let's forget the new Doujutsu he will awaken with the EMS or the fact that he would just have to look at Kyubi Naruto to defeat him at the moment since the MS allow him to control the Kyubi (because I think Naruto's training to separate the Kyubi's hate from its chakra will take care of that problem).
Remember how Sasuke ran into 4-5 Kages? Now imagine the same thing but with a perfect Susano and without the side effect of the MS from the beginning. Sasuke woud just roll over them, he is just that broken now.
The Tsuchikage said that the Madara of old could simply do whatever he wanted and none of them could have done a thing about it, and that's pretty much what Sasuke is becoming.
The only people with a fighting chance are Naruto who will become even more ridiculously overpowered by the end of his next training and maybe Kabuto because Edo Tensei seems just as broken when you have the right zombies.

And Tobi of course but while he is unkillable for the moment he didn't show much in the offensive department.
Now that i read this summary i remembered how Naruto's generation who are now chuunins wanted to go and fight Sasuke
It's such a failure that chuunins, who are supposed to be smart enough to be team leaders act as complete idiots. Sure ninjas are quite arrogant people, thinking they can take on anyone, then dying like idiots

But i think you are maybe a overestimating Sasuke's EMS a bit, because we already know that the 1st hokage defeated EMS-Madara. I guess it all depends on what Kishimoto wants to do with Naruto, after the timeskip Naruto was surprisingly weak, Sasuke was much stronger than him, then suddenly the sage mode training. Naruto's growth is really so random, Kishimoto just doesn't care about making beliveable development.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 19:47   Link #1068
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I'm not sure why you mention Naruto here, maybe it's a misunderstanding because I wasn't saying Naruto couldn't stand against Sasuke, I was saying exactly the opposite : that at this point he is the only one who can except for a few unkown like Tobi, Kabuto and Zetsu.
So sure Shodai defeated Madara, he was one of the -if not the- most powerful ninja to ever walk the earth. Both of them were so far above everybody else that the Tsuchikage flatly said that if Tobi really was Madara as he was in the past he could have done anything he wished. 5 Kages togethers or not.
I don't even think Sasuke and Naruto are at the level Shodai and Madara were in their youth yet but they are getting there and that's more than enough to crush horribly anyone in their path save each others.That's why Naruto told everybody to stay out of his way against Pain and why he stated the same about Sasuke. They are simply so much more powerful by now that the rest of the characters except an handful of them would merely be an hindrance.

The rest of the Kage were still a tough fight for them at the beginning of the arc and maybe at the end but after Naruto completely masters the Kyubi and Sasuke his EMS? They would lose. Badly.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 14:13   Link #1069
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I'm not sure why you mention Naruto here, maybe it's a misunderstanding because I wasn't saying Naruto couldn't stand against Sasuke, I was saying exactly the opposite : that at this point he is the only one who can except for a few unkown like Tobi, Kabuto and Zetsu.
So sure Shodai defeated Madara, he was one of the -if not the- most powerful ninja to ever walk the earth. Both of them were so far above everybody else that the Tsuchikage flatly said that if Tobi really was Madara as he was in the past he could have done anything he wished. 5 Kages togethers or not.
I don't even think Sasuke and Naruto are at the level Shodai and Madara were in their youth yet but they are getting there and that's more than enough to crush horribly anyone in their path save each others.That's why Naruto told everybody to stay out of his way against Pain and why he stated the same about Sasuke. They are simply so much more powerful by now that the rest of the characters except an handful of them would merely be an hindrance.

The rest of the Kage were still a tough fight for them at the beginning of the arc and maybe at the end but after Naruto completely masters the Kyubi and Sasuke his EMS? They would lose. Badly.
I didn't want to compare Naruto and Sasuke in strength, but compare them to the rest of the ninjas. What you say surely seems true, however to me it seems that Kishimoto tends to hype up the strength of some people and then he suddenly introduces other people who often seem weak but when the real fights begin they turn out to be quite strong. For example Chiyo and Danzou. I never would have guessed that Danzou is a real danger for Sasuke. So while i mostly agree with what you write i think there is a chance that you underestimate the 5 kages. Kishimoto always does this, someone is introduced and shown in battles, we think we know how strong he is, then an ultimate battle shows his real strength. For example Jiraiya, he never used his sage mode, not even when Orochimaru almost killed Tsunade and Naruto, but then suddenly Kishimoto makes him almost equal to Pain. And right now we have Kabuto, i would have never guessed that some day he will force Madara to do something. And also he wants Sasuke, which is an indication of how strong he is, since otherwise he wouldn't even think of trying to go against MS/EMS. Also Kishimoto might invent ninjas who were lurking in the shadows or are retired that are even stronger than the kages, i mean Danzou was stronger than Tsunade, and Chiyo was around kage level too.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2010-04-14 at 16:22.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 11:47   Link #1070
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Instead, Itachi will have sealed the Yata Mirror and Totsuka Sword in his eyeballs (or toothballs), giving Sasuke an even greater power-up...
Meh. Sasuke with all his powerups will still eventually run out of chakra and energy, while Naruto can simply call upon two sources of unlimited chakra, and heal himself when he calls them lol. Hell, even Naruto's normal chakra pool is probably vastly larger than Sasukes and more powerful. After he learns how to properly use his bijuu, Naruto pretty much has a possible counter for almost anything you can think of, its all over for Sasuke. That punk is finished.

I wonder though, how long it would take Sasuke to be a sage if he was put through the same sage training as Naruto. I would like to see who would learn it faster. Naruto should teleport Sasuke to the frog land and toss him in the pool of Sage oil, and give him some peace of mind lol. That would calm him down for sure

off topic but, I find it funny that no one seems to give a rats ass about the acting Hokage being assasinated....
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 12:02   Link #1071
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Meh. Sasuke with all his powerups will still eventually run out of chakra and energy, while Naruto can simply call upon two sources of unlimited chakra, and heal himself when he calls them lol. Hell, even Naruto's normal chakra pool is probably vastly larger than Sasukes and more powerful. After he learns how to properly use his bijuu, Naruto pretty much has a possible counter for almost anything you can think of, its all over for Sasuke. That punk is finished.

I wonder though, how long it would take Sasuke to be a sage if he was put through the same sage training as Naruto. I would like to see who would learn it faster. Naruto should teleport Sasuke to the frog land and toss him in the pool of Sage oil, and give him some peace of mind lol. That would calm him down for sure

off topic but, I find it funny that no one seems to give a rats ass about the acting Hokage being assasinated....
Not so sure, he has the EMS now, he probably got more chakra with that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
I want to see/hear Naruto rap talk in the anime.
Spoiler for rep talk:
Old 2010-04-16, 12:40   Link #1072
John D.

Quote:
I don't see how having a larger chakra pool is going to help in anything but an very extended fight^, and between Amaterasu (instant kill, unless you have god-speed like Raikage (moving faster than Sasuke can look)) and Susanoo (impassable defense and incredible attack to boot) I can't see how anyone can beat Sasuke, save another Mangekyō Sharingan user (hax powers...). Not counting genjutsu since I guess Naruto will become "immune" to it, otherwise it wouldn't be a fight at all...
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 18:29   Link #1073
iBeast

Quote:

Are you serious? Fall back dude, Naruto is nothing to begin with without the 9 tails Chakra, all of his kage bushin uses 9 tail chakra. He needed kage bushin for sage training...c'mon now.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 18:56   Link #1074
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

^Are YOU serious? Lol.
Old 2010-04-16, 19:52   Link #1075
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Are you serious? Fall back dude, Naruto is nothing to begin with without the 9 tails Chakra, all of his kage bushin uses 9 tail chakra. He needed kage bushin for sage training...c'mon now.
have we been reading the same manga? because from what i remember, his natural chakra level is high and the 9 tales is just a extension of it.
Old 2010-04-16, 20:01   Link #1076
Nite-Wing

Naruto's base chakra isn't high its the 9 tails that increases his chakra thats why he can spam a technique like kage bunshin anyway.
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 20:27   Link #1077
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
Naruto's base chakra isn't high its the 9 tails that increases his chakra thats why he can spam a technique like kage bunshin anyway.
The natural bleeding of the Kyuubi's chakra into Naruto since, more or less, birth, turned Naruto into a natural chakra powerhouse. So, Naruto, without actually using the Kyuubi's chakra, had more base chakra than Kakashi at the start of the series. (The Kyuubi's chakra, though, does help Naruto recover more quickly, so he does not get chakra exhaustion.)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 20:58   Link #1078
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Now that i read this summary i remembered how Naruto's generation who are now chuunins wanted to go and fight Sasuke
It's such a failure that chuunins, who are supposed to be smart enough to be team leaders act as complete idiots. Sure ninjas are quite arrogant people, thinking they can take on anyone, then dying like idiots

But i think you are maybe a overestimating Sasuke's EMS a bit, because we already know that the 1st hokage defeated EMS-Madara. I guess it all depends on what Kishimoto wants to do with Naruto, after the timeskip Naruto was surprisingly weak, Sasuke was much stronger than him, then suddenly the sage mode training. Naruto's growth is really so random, Kishimoto just doesn't care about making beliveable development.
well they had at least one jounin in the mix willing to go after sasuke and after his speech to naruto probably is still willing
There are a few facts to consider when comparing Sasuke and Naruto one is Mdara says Sasuke has potential to surpass Pain..which suggests that he's still weaker than Pain and two...his genjutsu is weaker than itachi so he's not as skilled at using the sharingan as itachi...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 22:49   Link #1079
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
I don't see how having a larger chakra pool is going to help in anything but an very extended fight^,
It can shorten a fight as well because it will allow someone to use high level moves more frequently. Imagine Kakashi, with his 1000+ jutsu(and his devistating MS) with say Kisame's chakra size. His opponent would not have a good time. Plus he wouldn't have to look like shit after the fight... Look at Naruto after fighting Pein the strongest ninja seen in the series so far, and look at Sasuke after fighting an old ninja way past his prime.

Quote:
between Amaterasu (instant kill, unless you have god-speed like Raikage (moving faster than Sasuke can look)) and Susanoo (impassable defense and incredible attack to boot)
Its not instant kill as we've seen examples of, and if Raikage can dodge it, I don't put it past Naruto, they're pretty comparable with him in sage mode. Susanoo isn't impassable either, its "defense" has been broken three times(and only one of those was a very high caliber attack). Yes, its a more "mature" version atm, but if a bijuu's blast or an FRS was thrown at it, we don't know how well it would hold up.

Quote:
I can't see how anyone can beat Sasuke, save another Mangekyō Sharingan user (hax powers...). Not counting genjutsu since I guess Naruto will become "immune" to it, otherwise it wouldn't be a fight at all...
Naruto's got everything Sasuke has and more: battle expertise, experience, powerful jutsu, strong summons, immense charka, and his element is dominant to Sasuke's. Sasuke can see hits coming before they come and make the opponent miss, but as we've seen even when Naruto misses, he stil hits the target thanks to nature energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Are you serious? Fall back dude, Naruto is nothing to begin with without the 9 tails Chakra
Yeah, tell that to Pein .
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 22:54   Link #1080
iBeast

^This guy is a Naruto homer. Let's carry on fellas.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote