margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 13:17   Link #242
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The fourth episode looks awesome !

Spoiler for ep 4:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Dibs on the second picture. Can someone makes an animated avatar/sig of that? Thanks in advance.
Spoiler for quick avy:
Old 2010-04-25, 13:40   Link #243
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for quick avy:
Many many thanks, it works beautifully!
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 15:04   Link #244
golthin

This episode explains so many things about Souta.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 15:24   Link #245
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 00:20   Link #246
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Also is the orange head drunk, sexy female in the OP Inami's mum? O_O
*Drools.*
Well... I was close. D=

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 00:32   Link #247
NakedAngelX

Souma's actually a bad guy
Old 2010-04-26, 01:03   Link #248
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

The protagonist has attractive sisters who aren't love interests! Amazing. The workplace also doesn't seem like it will ever be mired in a complex romantic sidestory. I'll probably be buying the manga the next time i visit a J-town, .
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 03:49   Link #249
fukarming

I am kinda surprise they didn't include the additional "air joke" on Otoo-san from the manga
Spoiler for episode 3 and manga spoiler:

Episode 4 explains the question people ask after episode 1 and 2 "why Takanashi put up with Inami's beating in the workplace

Spoiler for spoiler:

I am looking forward of seeing more Takanashi Imouto in action. She is extremely hilarious.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 07:43   Link #250
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Ep 4 was an absolute blast to watch.

Souma is surprisingly twisted despite his cheery attitude. Then again, there's nothing he could do in the face of a frying pan or an androphobic violent girl's fist.
Old 2010-04-26, 07:59   Link #251
qwevfr

Nice!...especially souma where he threatens people to do his work for him and "feels" good about the person..although when inami hits him i was kind of yeah!...as i feel a bit sad for those people who he threatens to do his work for him..though he is observant about things around him..
qwevfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 11:02   Link #252
Bombo
TSF Fans

Man all ppl in restrant crazy..ALL CRAZY..omg loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Souma the happy smile with bad mouth loooooooooool omg I couldn't stop laughing from this hahahahahaa....
best part when satuo start hitting souma @ 11:17 OMG LOOOOOOOOOOL ROFL
Iname's hitting souma its like "RIP" .

All stuff crazy in this episode...Best episode for now ..and Souma the crazy <3<3<3

Ok ...
One girl left to show up ..the glasses women with dark blue hair.!! in OP
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 12:13   Link #253
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Yay, for the first time i'm actually appreciating Izami being actually alive in this anime.
Was so great for her to be directing her fists of doom towards someone alot more deserving of them.

On that note, man I hate Souma. D:<

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 16:58   Link #254
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This felt like watching an extra Durarara !! episode this week. I was totally expecting Satou to yell "III~ZAAAA~YYAAA !" after he smashed the tomato. Souma is so similar to Izaya, knowing everything about everyone and using that to manipulate them. I didn't expect him to be like this at all. Now we know Izaya's only weakness: Inami ! Looking forward to a guest appearance in Drrr... or at least in a crossover fanart. It did feel very good to see Souma pounded by her

Inami was extra cute in this episode, way more than Poplar even, which is quite a fit... without a doubt my favourite girl in the series so far. Still waiting for the meganekko to appear...

I'm starting to understand how Katanashi ended up with that obssession. Growing up with three older sisters picking up on you must be tough. The eldest sister disturbs me, since she looks like Katanashi in drag. The little sister was cute though, even if she's already tall. In fact, haven't seen a loli this tall since Nono the moon loli ( ), also 12 years old...
Old 2010-04-26, 17:58   Link #255
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I grew up as the youngest with two older sisters and believe me, I feel Katanashi's pain. No one who hasn't lived it can understand it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 19:01   Link #256
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
This felt like watching an extra Durarara !! episode this week. I was totally expecting Satou to yell "III~ZAAAA~YYAAA !" after he smashed the tomato. Souma is so similar to Izaya, knowing everything about everyone and using that to manipulate them. I didn't expect him to be like this at all. Now we know Izaya's only weakness: Inami ! Looking forward to a guest appearance in Drrr... or at least in a crossover fanart. It did feel very good to see Souma pounded by her

Inami was extra cute in this episode, way more than Poplar even, which is quite a fit... without a doubt my favourite girl in the series so far. Still waiting for the meganekko to appear...

I'm starting to understand how Katanashi ended up with that obssession. Growing up with three older sisters picking up on you must be tough. The eldest sister disturbs me, since she looks like Katanashi in drag. The little sister was cute though, even if she's already tall. In fact, haven't seen a loli this tall since Nono the moon loli ( ), also 12 years old...
Kind of amusing that the 'actual' loli(imouto) is so tall and the 'appears like a' loli (poplar) isn't flat, just baby-faced. And wicked cute with those fake glasses.

And I don't think Souma has nasty intentions. He just can't seem to shut up or be too curious.
Old 2010-04-26, 20:46   Link #257
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well this would explain the source of Souta's mini-con status. With so many tall sisters he is focused on things smaller than himself.

I guess it would make sense that Souma has problems with Inami. Her issues are pretty open and if he got in close she'd just hit him anyways. Besides after talking about that hairpin he really was almost beaten to death. I kind of lost count how many times she hit him in the face in that short amount of time. Thought he wouldn't have much, but hinting at her feelings toward Souta would make her take action. Yeah of course it's not like she was happy about getting praised for the first time or anything .

Souma lives a dangerous life though Inami and Satou are ready to take action. I wonder which Souma fears more. The terrible fists of Inami or the raging frying pan of Satou?

Cute little bit at the end there. Seems it's a long road for Inami to overcome her punching habits. At least its not just about fear and is partly out of embarrassment these days. Anyways was cute to see her reactions in this episode especially about the hairpins.

Quote:
Yeah I felt the same. I can see why they went with that VA for Souma. There are definite similarities there. I believe someone who strikes without giving you a moment to blackmail them is pretty effective. Plus actually saying something was even more dangerous to Souma's health due to the quick strike capabilities of Inami .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I grew up as the youngest with two older sisters and believe me, I feel Katanashi's pain. No one who hasn't lived it can understand it.
Well I only grew up with one older and the rest of my siblings were younger. So I can only partially understand Souta's pain. Still even just having one older sister isn't easy....
Old 2010-04-26, 21:18   Link #258
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

For Takanashi, obviously, work is like a vacation - it's his home life that's a real chore. And at least there he's getting paid to be abused.

Boy, Souma is not a nice guy - I have to confess I didn't see that coming. This is starting to remind me of Mahoraba in terms of everyone having serious dysfunctions whose depth only become apparent gradually, line layers peeled from an onion.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 01:32   Link #259
blewin

Just love episode 4. It's so funny! I never expected Souma to be such a bad guy. Thought he's nice and helpful. But there's Inami. She's really great at "handling" Souma. That's one of her best redeeming points.

Poor Takanashi.... he not only got called around at home but he has to look after the sisters too. He's both father and mother to his sisters it appears. And his younger sister is about to enter the older sister league too..... (haha).

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 04:47   Link #260
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
And I don't think Souma has nasty intentions. He just can't seem to shut up or be too curious.
I kind of agree so far - or, at least, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at present. I get the feeling that Souma himself doesn't actually think he's gone ahead with his "persuasion" threat so far, but his personality makes him want to have as much information as possible about the people he interacts with...

I mean, if he really wanted to use all that information to "persuade" people, he probably wouldn't have tried suggesting anything to Yachiyo, because any normal person could probably tell that it just wouldn't have the right effect. Rather than being manipulative like Izaya, he seems to be more of an interesting take on the KY phenomenon...

p.s. I think she hit him over twenty times in that scene...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen