Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-19, 03:01   Link #81
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Since I'm reading the manga, it's not the art that catches my attention while watching the promo vid, but the music and Sawako's voice. I think that voice is very apt for the heroine.
Yeah Noto Mamiko truly is spot on for the role with Sawako. I can't wait until the lovely drama from the manga kicks in, to see how she will handle certain scenes.

& glad to see another person appreciating the music. We're in for one hell of a treat with a S.E.N.S. score.
Old 2009-09-19, 04:37   Link #82
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Here it's the opposite case than Kobato: after reading the synopsis I wasn't sure If Mamiko Noto could deliver a good Sawako. I thought that the only way she could succeed was offering a Matsuri-like (from anime "sola") voice, but if possible with lower shades. Well, after watching the promo, she nailed it perfectly! I'm really glad.

The arts are intriguing, with typical shoujo elements (particularly at 1:10-1:15 I had some flashes of Bokura ga Ita), and nice backgrounds. The bgm fits well. Coupled with the very nice sounding plot, this anime seems to have all the elements to be a winner. Time well tell soon.
Old 2009-09-19, 05:53   Link #83
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah Noto Mamiko truly is spot on for the role with Sawako. I can't wait until the lovely drama from the manga kicks in, to see how she will handle certain scenes.

& glad to see another person appreciating the music. We're in for one hell of a treat with a S.E.N.S. score.
What's S.E.N.S. score?
The music is beautiful. I now really want to know what the OP and ED sound like too.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 09:23   Link #84
Katapan
俺様祭り

To continue with the posting of good things, I've found a Niconico video that first shows the trailer I've posted earlier, then a promo video for the upcoming Kimi ni Todoke DS game.

And why's that a good thing? The latter includes more spoken lines from Noto Mamiko, three words from Namikawa Daisuke as Kazehaya , and new animated scenes that look beautiful enough to expect them to be from the anime. Damn, that smile of Kazehaya's at 3:08...

Now, to be honest, I expected Namikawa to sound different... and worse. It's still not what I had in mind for Kazehaya, but this kind of voice should work too. My biggest fear seems to be put to rest for now.
Old 2009-09-19, 11:53   Link #85
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

the promo was absolute love ;__; the art was beautiful~ and the SAWAKO'S VA is aptly casted, it's stuff from magic srsly. and the SNES score D: GAWJUS.

this anime season is going to kill me from sheer brilliance

EDIT: ogod thank you katapan for linking that NDES commercial. and maybe it's just me still bubbling from FANGIRL HAPPINESS but Kazehaya sounds perfect too. I'm going to rewatch it a bit later and try to be more coherent
mellomarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 14:39   Link #86
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

After reading the manga, I never really thought about what Kazehaya would sound like. I have my own distinct opinion on what Sawako would sound like (and I feel Noto Mamiko will do a great job), but I never could put a particular voice on Kazehaya. From the very, very little I heard from Kazehaya in the video, my only real thought was "At least it's not god awful," which is good enough for me.

Can't wait to watch this.
Old 2009-09-19, 14:54   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
The arts are intriguing, with typical shoujo elements (particularly at 1:10-1:15 I had some flashes of Bokura ga Ita), and nice backgrounds. The bgm fits well. Coupled with the very nice sounding plot, this anime seems to have all the elements to be a winner. Time well tell soon.
There's quite a number of future plot points that are very Bokura ga Ita, so i can say that you're in for such a treat in that regards. S.E.N.S. music is going to add such a wonderful layer to those scenes, i just know it and can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
What's S.E.N.S. score?
S.E.N.S. are the composers of the show.

@Katapan - Do you know if there's a youtube link for that DS trailer? What a bad time to forget my nicovideo password.
Old 2009-09-19, 15:35   Link #88
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Quote:
@Katapan - Do you know if there's a youtube link for that DS trailer? What a bad time to forget my nicovideo password.
I found the video linked to youku if that's okay!

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTE5NDU5MTAw.html
mellomarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 15:47   Link #89
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellomarie View Post
I found the video linked to youku if that's okay!

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTE5NDU5MTAw.html
Thanks very much for the link.

I pretty much agree with Katapan that this isn't the Kazehaya that i hear when reading the manga, though still i quite like Namikawa Daisuke's approach for the character, and know for sure i'll warm up to it the more i hear.

I started to get a little teary eyed when seeing the
Spoiler for Little manga spoiler, nothing big:

Oh, and i'm so preordering the DS game this week, and S.E.N.S. better be doing the score for that as well.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-09-19 at 17:56.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 03:35   Link #90
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
There's quite a number of future plot points that are very Bokura ga Ita, so i can say that you're in for such a treat in that regards.
You're setting the bar pretty high, aren't you?
Yesterday I felt nostalgic and rewatched the first two episodes of Bokura ga Ita. Immenseness of the whole aside, I noticed how much it relies on its seiyuu, despite having most likely the best screenplay ever written for a pure romance anime. That's why I was concerned about the casting, it's crucial to make such stories work. After having heard the Kimi no Todoke NDS trailer, I find both Mamiko Noto and Namikawa Daisuke to be giving appropriate interpretations of their roles. I'm also getting a lot of good vibes in general, but these are just subjective hunches, I won't go any further and simply wait for episode 1 to give a more proper judgement.

And no matter how minor, I won't read your spoilers!
Old 2009-09-20, 04:01   Link #91
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
And no matter how minor, I won't read your spoilers!
I don't expect you to do, so it's cool.

& yeah, you're right about how important the role of the voice cast can be in these type of shows. I truly can't get enough of Noto voicing Sawako. Everytime i watch the one of the two trailers again, and i find myself warming up even more to her performance. She is just spot on for this role.
Old 2009-09-21, 10:33   Link #92
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Manga talk isn't allowed here kuroishinigami. Please delete those spoilers in your post before an anime only viewer comes along, and is spoiled.
Old 2009-09-21, 10:43   Link #93
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

This isn't the place to discuss the manga. As a reminder, the Kimi no Todoke manga does have its own thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=70376

Hence please post manga talks in there and only in there.
Old 2009-09-22, 22:27   Link #94
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

I jusr CAN'T WAIT for this anime to air!!!! I LOVE Kimi no Todoke! It's the cutest Shoujo Manga ever!!!!

Kazehaya is definitely not my type ('cause it's usually cold hearted, heartless, and silent type I get my attention), but his kindness and 'refreshness' just have their ways to win my black heart >////<. I love him and Sawaka together! Really can't wait!
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 09:28   Link #95
Lyreleaf
Inactive Member

I definitely agree with what Lugia_Tsuyu said. This is definitely one of the cutest, if not the best, shoujo manga ever created.

And after finally watching the trailer (which is just incredible, it's so beautifully animated), it's hard to contain my excitement. Oct. 6th can't get here fast enough.
Lyreleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 12:53   Link #96
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Video from the Harajuku Anime Event. Worth watching for the promo that shows a few new scenes that didn't appeared in the past promo video. Still uses the same S.E.N.S. piece though. There's also some adorable artwork up on display from the manga.

Old 2009-09-25, 15:52   Link #97
M.Marangio

Some screenshots and character sketches can be seen at mycom.

The opening will be "Kimi ni Todoke" by Tomofumi Tanizawa (VPCC-82287, release date November 25.
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 20:33   Link #98
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Should be getting my shoujo fix from this show, feeling lazy.. when does it air?
Old 2009-09-30, 21:11   Link #99
Hao

I believe it's airing on October 6, one more week ! I don't know why, but I am really looking forward to watching this lol
Hao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 03:25   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yep, October 6th. Five days to go.

Tags
production i.g, romance, shoujo