AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 25
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 93 44.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 43 20.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 14.01%
7 out of 10 : Good... 19 9.18%
6 out of 10 : Average... 9 4.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 6 2.90%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.48%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 2 0.97%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 4 1.93%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-12-22, 17:19   Link #61
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
So Asuna wakes up after two years in SAO, but why does she look so damn healthy?
Even Kirito looked quite malnourished when he woke up, unless the treatment given for VIP rooms is different compared to normal patients?
It is probably because she was kept in a extremely good hotel, I mean did you see the size of it? A rich hotel obvious has better equipment than average hotels.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 17:24   Link #62
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Asuna was also scheduled to be married soon. Wouldn't be surprised if they were working more than normal to make her look pretty. Treating her skin, grooming her hair, whatever.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 17:25   Link #63
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think they'd have had to do it regularly for two years. No amount of last minute work would have had that result.

Then again, her parents probably paid for a better class of care.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 17:29   Link #64
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
It is probably because she was kept in a extremely good hotel, I mean did you see the size of it? A rich hotel obvious has better equipment than average hotels.
Isn't it a hospital? A very, very fancy hospital that basically resembles a high-class hotel?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 17:36   Link #65
dmaxzero

Nice and pretty last chapter... Even with all the ups and downs, some inconsistencies as former LN reader I am happy to have seen this story animated, with such a good budget.

Great how everything was summed up nicely, within the barriers of an anime.

Very happy with this chapter.

What made most happy about it was the whole concept of the global MMO server, I hope and wish for something like that came to happen in the real world.

dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 17:44   Link #66
Kazu-kun

I like how this episode reminds us that Asuna won the competition for Kirito's heart because she was the better cook.

Overall, 6/10. This series was entertaining at times, but for the most part it was hard to watch. So much wasted potential....
Old 2012-12-22, 17:53   Link #67
kyp275
Meh

Pretty good episode, there were a few things they could've done better imo, but I'm not gonna nitpick here. Also, how did that guy not lose any weight after being bed-ridden for 2 years!? Hospital food isn't that good!!!

I'm hopeful that a season 2 will be handled much better, being free from a lot of the baggage that the Aincrad/ALO arc had.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 17:54   Link #68
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Pretty good episode, there were a few things they could've done better imo, but I'm not gonna nitpick here. Also, how did that guy not lose any weight after being bed-ridden for 2 years!? Hospital food isn't that good!!!
He was fed intravenously. Probably with gravy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 18:01   Link #69
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

I think the fat guy woke up with the original SAO players, got fat again, and was rejoiced when his... friend woke up from Sugou's shenanigans.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 18:42   Link #70
HandofFate

damn, I thought Sugou might show up again, and he does by attacking Kirito with a knife. Laughed a bit when Kirito took the knife and acted like it was a game. Kind of wanted Kirito to cut Sugou's throat, but of course that can't really happen. If anything the scene just shows how pathetic a weak person like Sugou really is in-game and in real life.

The brief scenes of the school for SAO people was neat. Nice to see the other people in SAO again that didn't have a part in ALO. lol @ what the world seed did. Also the bit about all the worlds connecting now kind of builds up to Accel World I guess.

First half was fine, 2nd half was dragging. Had to get all the mushy stuff out of the way.
Kirito and everyone showing at the end to play again is expected for an ending. Everythings solved, so lets play again, since this is an mmo game afterall. And also to leave curtains open for another cour.

Would have liked it to go just go "To be continued 50 years later....in Accel World!"

But I know there's more volumes out there now for SAO. But oh well. Don't think I would really care about any more chapters for SAO. The story went full circle now
Old 2012-12-22, 19:25   Link #71
Entravity

Better than what I thought it was going to be. The hype has finally ended but the ragefest will continue.
Old 2012-12-22, 19:26   Link #72
Green²
It's bacon!

I really enjoyed this series. For this episode, you could tell that much of this was going to end the way as it had. However, with the release of the Seed, it's like as if the two other games have never happened for Kazuto. Just remember, if you want Kirito to visit your server, it's not going to be through Puppy & Cat Girls Online, but it will be through the all new S&M World, where the pain level is always set to zero! Then somebody will combine the two server themes... And Kirito & company will be stuck there because Lizbeth runs that server...

...In any case, hopefully a Season 3 is in the works.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 19:26   Link #73
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

It was a satisfying ending to an overal rushed show with many plotholes and relatively flat characters. And like Kazu-kun said, "so much wasted potential".
This episode = 8/10
The wholes show = 6-7/10
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 19:40   Link #74
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Aww, a nice episode to end the anime.

Honestly, even though this anime had it's ups and downs, I can say that I loved the action and really enjoyed the characters. I hope for a second season to be announced
Old 2012-12-22, 20:24   Link #75
Kmos

Nice ending, I like to see the afterwards sometimes and the game meet. 7/10 rating for series as a whole. It's enjoyable with some faults that would bother me even with a re-watch. If they do another season I'd watch it.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 20:35   Link #76
mistress_kisara

It's finally over, decent ending. I'll give the series an 8/10 (It would have been higher if the characters weren't annoying )
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 20:48   Link #77
Peanutbutter

High points:

- Sugou being the weak fellow he is
- Seeing the two goons (The fat one and the thin one from Ep 1 and Silica's episode) reappearing + them at the party
- Silica and Lizbeth at the cafeteria (why not Silica's actual name?)
- Asuna still calling Kazuto Kirito.
- Everyone calling each other by their in-game name at the party.

Disappointment:

- Not seeing Klein making a move on Sugu.

I think as an anime production, the quality, bgm, voice-acting was there. As a story, there's definitely much more room for improvement.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 20:51   Link #78
The Green One

Well it's over. I'll almost miss coming back here every week to wade through pages of posts of complaints about things in the episode.

Almost.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 21:11   Link #79
Insane
Banned

It's a shame they didn't give any hint about another season on the credit ending
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 21:24   Link #80
Algent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
It's a shame they didn't give any hint about another season on the credit ending
Almost a quarter of the episode is exposition on the "seed", which is absolutely pointless to do if they stop there.

So, the worst arc of SAO was as expected even worse in anime.
The good this is this is now behind us, if they make another season it will only get better.
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote