AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-18, 00:13   Link #5261
Gravitas Free Zone

P.S.: While the FLAWLESS VICTORY was nice, it wasn't quite as fun as taking three 57mm-equipped KV-1s out and colanderizing everything we ran into, while I kept typing "SOVIET RUSSIA" into open chat.

...it did help that MM gave our team the three heavies and the other team only one.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 00:14   Link #5262
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
So yeah I think when I get back from my break, don't expect me to platoon anymore, and I prolly won't chat much either, since i'll be grinding the T57 and T62A.

Therefore all invites whatsoever will be rejected regardless, except for exceptions I'll declare soon after I come back.
Make the tank company into one of those "exceptions" you speak of.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 06:04   Link #5263
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Another good game on the Centurion, and one where we started on the south side of Westville (which means a lousy place to be as a medium). Kind of won out because of the great town defense, and partly because, for SOME reason, two of their heavies decided to chase down our wounded T71 (it was down to 21 HP) down to the bridge, where me and the T54 were following it. I ended up killing both arty, but they were able to kill the heavy AMX before I could get Invader.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, that Maus and Kuromorimine crew:

Images
Old 2013-04-18, 09:07   Link #5264
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Another good game on the Centurion
Oh wow when did you get the Centurion? Anyways my internet is back to normal amd I can resume playing again.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 09:10   Link #5265
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Oh wow when did you get the Centurion? Anyways my internet is back to normal amd I can resume playing again.
I've had it since before the x5 Anniversary week, actually.
Old 2013-04-18, 09:55   Link #5266
Gravitas Free Zone

Wait, where's that other Maus from?
Old 2013-04-18, 11:43   Link #5267
Marina2

Is there anyway to counter facehugging? Especially when your tank can't pen facehugger'tank and need to aim for its weak spot. or it just another "You're over, please accept your fate" situation.

This is my best match today. However, again, I didn't record replay - -

I have to say AT-8 on my team is totally a life saver, if he wasn't around to distract some enemy shots, I probably get gangbang-ed to death.

Images

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-04-18 at 12:41.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 11:51   Link #5268
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Is there anyway to counter facehugging?
You mean clinches? If your tank isn't a brawler, back off, hit the front of their tracks, then run away. Otherwise, if you're already too close, you've got no choice BUT to hit the frontal weak spots -- driver's slits and other stuff like top hatches.

So, if your tank isn't really up to facehugging, try to avoid them as best as you can.
Old 2013-04-18, 11:58   Link #5269
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
You mean clinches? If your tank isn't a brawler, back off, hit the front of their tracks, then run away. Otherwise, if you're already too close, you've got no choice BUT to hit the frontal weak spots -- driver's slits and other stuff like top hatches.

So, if your tank isn't really up to facehugging, try to avoid them as best as you can.
how come you don't play on the sea server? unless you don't want to regrind... but didn't they said they could do account transfer or something?
Old 2013-04-18, 12:08   Link #5270
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
how come you don't play on the sea server? unless you don't want to regrind... but didn't they said they could do account transfer or something?
Common sense: most of the people on Asuki play on the US server. Ergo, that means I play where they are.

Oh, and had a seriously bad bit of games today, particularly on the AT-8. Managed to somehow break even on the poor TD, and even get ahead two games overall, but it's always tit for tat it seems, particularly on stuff like the T-44.
Old 2013-04-18, 12:11   Link #5271
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I HATE THE VK3002DB!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 12:18   Link #5272
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Another noob question: If a battle comes down to a 1v1 situation with me against another tank I have very little chance of actually beating, is it worth it to try to avoid him and draw the game or should I just fight him to end the game even though it's almost guaranteed I die?

On another note, the advice to play the M2 Medium as a sniper with the 75er certainly helped. Saw a massive increase in my effectiveness with it yesterday.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 12:20   Link #5273
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I HATE THE VK3002DB!!!
I don't think it'll ever be a bride, but it's an okay bridesmaid.

Images
Old 2013-04-18, 12:25   Link #5274
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Another noob question: If a battle comes down to a 1v1 situation with me against another tank I have very little chance of actually beating, is it worth it to try to avoid him and draw the game or should I just fight him to end the game even though it's almost guaranteed I die?
Depends. Are you the last tank left alive? If so, circle around the heavier tank, hit its side & rear if you can.

If you are not the last tank left alive... run.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-04-18, 12:29   Link #5275
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Depends. Are you the last tank left alive? If so, circle around the heavier tank, hit its side & rear if you can.

If you are not the last tank left alive... run.

- Tak
Last tank alive, opponent is a higher tier, in heavy cover, and has already killed 8 of my teammates single-handedly. I decided to try my luck anyway but it went about as expected and I immediately started thinking I should have just tried to avoid him for 5 minutes while the timer ticked down.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 12:32   Link #5276
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Last tank alive, opponent is a higher tier, in heavy cover, and has already killed 8 of my teammates single-handedly. I decided to try my luck anyway but it went about as expected and I immediately started thinking I should have just tried to avoid him for 5 minutes while the timer ticked down.
Well, if thats the case then just run, wait until he starts capping your base, emerge and try hitting his weak spots.

- Tak

Old 2013-04-18, 12:51   Link #5277
Gravitas Free Zone

Eh...

Cheap shells again.
Old 2013-04-18, 12:51   Link #5278
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Eh...

Cheap shells again.
Just as well, its what I need. Crew training, XP reset and other goodies.

- Tak

Old 2013-04-18, 12:51   Link #5279
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
I HATE THE VK3002DB!!!
My main issue with the DB is that while it's supposed to be a flanker it doesn't really have the damage potential for its role, given that you're likely to choose the 7.5 over the 8.8 and its crappy penetration/reload time.
Old 2013-04-18, 12:57   Link #5280
Tak

Quote:
My main issue with the DB is that while it's supposed to be a flanker it doesn't really have the damage potential for its role, given that you're likely to choose the 7.5 over the 8.8 and its crappy penetration/reload time.
The Ind. Panzer though, is going to be a great relief once I get it. So I guess its something to look forward to.

- Tak

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks