Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-11, 08:41   Link #22441
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

NSFW Sankaku - Cops Raid Suicide School, Bullies “Played Funeral” with Boy

It would be great if the police operation is called "Operation Tomb Raider" : it is about time the civil servants' heads start to roll.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-07-11, 10:04   Link #22442
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

American states and municipalities launch suits against big banks over LIBOR

Municipalities, in particular, were encouraged to use interest rate "swaps" tied to LIBOR when borrowing. While the experts cited indicate that proving damages may be difficult, one Stanford finance professor expects to see the banks pay out tens of billions of dollars. Other observers, including a recent report from Nomura Equity Research, concur.

It might have been hard to assess responsibility for the 2007-2008 meltdown (though see Charles Ferguson's Inside Job for a different view), but here we have good evidence that the LIBOR committee members often engaged in fraudulent and collusive activities.
Old 2012-07-11, 20:01   Link #22443
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

It would be great if the police operation is called "Operation Tomb Raider" : it is about time the civil servants' heads start to roll.
The main issue with this fiasco is not the fact it happened, but rather the fact the entire city tried to cover-up. And this includes the police dept. So the fact they are not raiding the local police is upsetting.

A crapton of circumstancial evidence points to this being a man-slaugther during the bullying process instead of a suicide. It doesn't help the fact some of the bullies have politically powerful family members.

This case goes far beyond a simple bully and suicide, with massive amount of potential corruption in every corner of the city ordinance.
A typical case of country-side town hush hush.
Old 2012-07-11, 20:14   Link #22444
Ridwan

Quote:

I'll approve the employment of cinder block ambush tactic for revenge just for this one case.
Old 2012-07-11, 21:32   Link #22445
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

For anyone still thinking legal drugs have no relation with illegal drugs:

University of Florida study shows long-term drug abuse starts with alcohol
Old 2012-07-12, 00:25   Link #22446
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
American states and municipalities launch suits against big banks over LIBOR

Municipalities, in particular, were encouraged to use interest rate "swaps" tied to LIBOR when borrowing. While the experts cited indicate that proving damages may be difficult, one Stanford finance professor expects to see the banks pay out tens of billions of dollars. Other observers, including a recent report from Nomura Equity Research, concur.

It might have been hard to assess responsibility for the 2007-2008 meltdown (though see Charles Ferguson's Inside Job for a different view), but here we have good evidence that the LIBOR committee members often engaged in fraudulent and collusive activities.
Aside for the financial hurt inflicted upon these Banks, I would also like to see jail-time for some of these CEO/head-honchos for good measure.
Old 2012-07-12, 05:43   Link #22447
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Insight: A secret plea for money from a mountain in North Korea
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...86A1AR20120712

edit: How the Mormons Make Money
http://www.businessweek.com/articles...ons-make-money

Last edited by ganbaru; 2012-07-12 at 06:57.
Old 2012-07-12, 10:03   Link #22448
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Online music stores will not have to pay royalties on song previews to publishers and songwriters, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled Thursday as part of a series of decisions on copyright.

Well that's some detailed distinctions in copyright & distribution that I did not know. Like distinction between public transmission (radio) and personal transmission (download). While I do know the distinction, I didn't know the supreme court knew. They can only fit so much detail of everything in the world in that brain of theirs.

Quote:
The fifth ruling found that photocopying textbooks for classroom use in public schools is considered “fair dealing” under copyright law, though the matter will return to the Copyright Board for reconsideration.
I have to say, I photocopied entire textbooks from all my senior courses in high school. :P Glad to know it's legal, though I'd probably photocopy it anyways /nerd

I wonder where grooveshark sits in all of this. I cannot live without grooveshark It's extremely hard to purchase half the songs I have in my playlist.
Old 2012-07-12, 10:07   Link #22449
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I have to say, I photocopied entire textbooks from all my senior courses in high school. :P Glad to know it's legal, though I'd probably photocopy it anyways /nerd
You lose to me. I photocopied textbooks once I am over Primary (elementary).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-07-12, 10:09   Link #22450
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
You lose to me. I photocopied textbooks once I am over Primary (elementary).
You photocopied textbooks once? Or you photocopied since elementary school?
Old 2012-07-12, 12:17   Link #22451
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
You photocopied textbooks once? Or you photocopied since elementary school?
Since the start of secondary.

Old 2012-07-13, 04:26   Link #22452
Tom Bombadil

A Chinese Navy ship ran aground in the Spratly Islands
Quote:
A Chinese warship has run aground while patrolling contested waters adjacent to the Philippines in the South China Sea.

The frigate pinned itself to a reef last night at Half Moon Shoal, on the south-eastern edge of the Spratly Islands, and remains "thoroughly stuck", according to Western diplomatic sources shortly after midday local time, or 2pm AEST.
The news is already out in major Chinese media, including the webpage of the defense department, which is kind of strange since they generally avoid such embarrassments.
Old 2012-07-13, 04:57   Link #22453
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post

The news is already out in major Chinese media, including the webpage of the defense department, which is kind of strange since they generally avoid such embarrassments.
Maybe they intend to use this incident to put some warning signals over there, like a Lighthouse, a clear (if not luminous ) symbol of sovereignty.
Old 2012-07-13, 04:57   Link #22454
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post

Is that supposed to be a new way to ''put the flag'' on something ?
Old 2012-07-13, 07:45   Link #22455
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Is that supposed to be a new way to ''put the flag'' on something ?
Their crew probably didn't want to go aground to plant the flag, so they ran the ship with the flag into the islands instead. Innovative and efficient.

Old 2012-07-13, 07:49   Link #22456
GDB

And harder to remove than a mere flag by itself.
Old 2012-07-13, 10:18   Link #22457
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

The Dream King Begins

Old 2012-07-13, 23:16   Link #22458
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Damnit, you had my hopes up for a Sandman / Death movie with Neil as the scripter.

Prequel is nice, but still, I want a good Sandman movie.
Old 2012-07-14, 00:20   Link #22459
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Would you really trust Hollywood with the Sandman franchise ? Do you really want them to aply the formula they use on most Comic movie ?
Old 2012-07-14, 00:34   Link #22460
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Would you really trust Hollywood with the Sandman franchise ? Do you really want them to aply the formula they use on most Comic movie ?
I'm not narrow minded enough to be blinded by failures to overlook achievements such as Dark Knight and Avengers.
Have you not seen them? If you haven't, I recommend them highly.

Vertigo franchise would be perfect with the mood setting of film like the Unbreakable.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-07-14 at 02:39.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international