AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-04-03, 17:26   Link #21
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZap View Post
You Can Never Find A Girl Like The Ones In Anime
Not true I think, given the number of girls on earth.

A better statement would be "you will never find girls who are all like the ones in anime".
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 17:41   Link #22
Nikusu

Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Yeah, but USA makes a better example, when talking about women hating each other.
You're neither a woman or from the U.S. Makes sense that you can justify understanding either, eh?

/sarcasm

I'll never understand the thought process of a man and I don't intend to seem like I do.
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 17:44   Link #23
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

This image partially sums up my take on 2D girls. At least the negation of it
Old 2009-04-04, 01:38   Link #24
othera

3D girls are overrated.
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 01:51   Link #25
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
I suppose when you talk about 2D girls you are probably referring to the girls showed in many male oriented anime (expecially those based on eroge). But those girls are usually very idealized and not only in their physical appearances. And they are not idealized as soulless sex toys, they are actually very good persons, and i mean they actually care about others's feelings, they'd never do anything that would hurt others (except for gag purposes) and they don't seem to have the slightest idea of what a "flame war" is.
In other words, they are not human.

Quote:
3D girls are overrated.
Why? Exactly what makes them overrated? Girls are people, and as such, they are unpredictable, and they have their desires, their faults and their contradictions. They're human.

And, as with most of humanity in general, men and women, 90% will probably not be your cup of tea.

There are a lot of reasons why girls are represented that way in anime, and a lot of it has to do with insecureness and a perceived lack of control over real girls. When you realize you can't really control people in real life you stop taking such fantasies seriously.

Sorry, but I've grown far too bitter of generic romance anime.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 01:55   Link #26
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post

Sorry, but I've grown far too bitter of generic romance anime.
Depends on what you watch, I guess. After reading the Kare Kano and Skip Beat manga, horrible girls (and women) exist in 2D versions alright.
Old 2009-04-04, 02:00   Link #27
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I said generic. I didn't dismiss the possibility of there existing good romance anime series. Though the odds against bad romance series seem pretty damn crappy.

Plus, I didn't say horrible. I said human, with all the imperfections it presupposes.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 02:06   Link #28
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Oh, those are also around in the above series. And Nana, mustn't forget that.
Old 2009-04-04, 03:03   Link #29
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

2D = 3D - D

That why 2D girls are perfect.. that missing D.

2D girls always missing that last D no matter what.. if she's good, then she lack all the bad traits.. if she's bad, then she's missing all the good traits.

I would have declared all 3D girls pig disgusting as well, but I'm bless with 6 awesome girls I called sisters and then there's my mum.. who probably an angel in disguise on earth.. and I'm about to marry another angel as well.. so yea.. it balances out.. learn to broaden your view to the world, include more peoples in your circle .. and you might find some 3D angel by yourself soon

And then there's Rie Tanaka.. which further prove that there's still beauty in this world XD
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 03:06   Link #30
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

.....Sounds like KiNA's mum is a Hot Shounen Mom.
Old 2009-04-04, 03:30   Link #31
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

My mum is an old obaachan ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-04-04, 03:52   Link #32
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Then, I was quite a looker?
Old 2009-04-04, 19:37   Link #33
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
*serious ranting against an obvious joke snipped*
People who can appriciate a sarcastic humor on the Internetz is apparantly overrated too.
Old 2009-04-04, 19:56   Link #34
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Lucky there are still people that love 3D girls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEch_...eature=related

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 19:57   Link #35
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

*slaps forehead* How can we forget? Dolls are 3D too!!
Old 2009-04-04, 23:23   Link #36
Woodchips
つかれた!

You know, if you're saying that all 3D girls are horrible, conniving bitches, then you obviously haven't met enough girls in your lifetime, or you've met--or gone after--the wrong sort.

As the OP said, he has friends who are girls that have similar interests to him and who make him laugh. Well, there you go, we aren't all horrible nasty creatures, are we?

The problem with generalising about high-school-aged people, is that you're really seeing the worst of the worst in anyone. Teenage years are just plain weird, and it takes a while for people to get their footing on where they stand on a personal and societal level.

Add to that, school tends to breed that dominant/submissive pecking order in guys and girls during that age. Or are you guys forgetting the stereotypical "jocks" at your high-school. The macho idiots who pick on anyone and everyone to inflate their own sense of self-grandeur and salve their insecurities?

Anime is escapism at it's purest. It presents an idealised society and representation of both men and women so of course they're going to be 'better people'! The only reason the idealised part is more apparent in the representation of women is that the anime and manga industry is heavily male-dominated, and therefore displays men's idealised portrayals of women.

/Rant.
Woodchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 23:37   Link #37
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchips View Post
Anime is escapism at it's purest. It presents an idealised society and representation of both men and women so of course they're going to be 'better people'! The only reason the idealised part is more apparent in the representation of women is that the anime and manga industry is heavily male-dominated, and therefore displays men's idealised portrayals of women.

/Rant.
Actually, not all the animes depicte women that most of the guys want to get as GF IRL.

I don't know a lot of men who would be ok to date a conservative girl and respect said girl principles, in comparison to the number of men who want an easy going GF. I don't have much experience in anime, but for example, not all animes depicte submissive and too nice girls who would do everything to please a boy.

Actually, there are also some animes that depicte male characters that some women IRL would see as "perfect guys".
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 23:52   Link #38
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Actually, there are also some animes that depicte male characters that some women IRL would see as "perfect guys".
More than "some" there are a lot! Ouran School Host Club is a very good example. Then Fruits Basket, Weiss Kreuz, Harukanaru Toki no Naka de, Hana yori dango, La corda dora, Fushigi Yuugi. Some of those are based on otome games which are "date sim" for female audience.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 23:53   Link #39
Woodchips
つかれた!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Actually, not all the animes depicte women that most of the guys want to get as GF IRL.
I never said that men wanted them as romantic interests, I only said that, due to the industry, it represented a more male-skewed representation of women and was therefore more likely to be idealistic.

Quote:
I don't know a lot of men who would be ok to date a conservative girl and respect said girl principles, in comparison to the number of men who want an easy going GF. I don't have much experience in anime, but for example, not all animes depicte submissive and too nice girls who would do everything to please a boy.
Again, I said nothing about dating. I used a much broader term. For an example see how mothers in anime are portrayed. Very idealised there. And I think you're simplifying men's tastes talking about a 'submissive' and 'nice' girls. Mens' preference in women varies as significantly as womens' taste in men -- just because they're not the same type doesn't make them less idealised. I think you're trying to skew what I said off on a different tangent. The OP originally asked about why women in real life seemed to hate one another.

Quote:
Same argument as above. Tastes vary and all that. And I think in my post I mentioned that because it is escapism men and women are idealised.
Woodchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 23:54   Link #40
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

As much as I believe that there are no perfect anime girls -> 3D conversion, neither do I believe the male version exists TBH
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa