AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-30, 12:04   Link #41
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Oh, me too - I can look at her panels of wolves and landscapes all day and be happy enough. I just like the story element from the title the best, and I hope she doesn't stray too far from it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 19:38   Link #42
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Muhahahahahaha!

Just want to show off my spoils of my war on credit crunching!

yep thats right, got me a quality copy of the most beautiful manga I'll probably ever see.

Now while this screams quality all over it, it's become abit of a hassle, I handle it so carefully when reading it make it slightly hard to read

And I will forever curse myself for buying this(even if it is totally worth it) at £12.99(thats $21.03, 14.73Euro, 1,618.20) for a single tank, it's frankly a little crazy.
I remember just a good few years ago you could 3 tanks for £15 but then you aren't paying for the quality shown here.

Won't be keeping with this series with any fan scans, gonna stick with the Lincenced Tanks from now on.

I will echo Enzo's words on something.

Quote:
I really love Karluk and Amira and I think their relationship is one of the most unique and charming in manga
It's really quite a joy to watch, Amira has her mature but also rather immature side to her, complete joy.
Old 2011-09-01, 20:01   Link #43
Xagzan

The fanservice is rare enough that when it pops up, it's always even more of a treat than normal fanservice. It's just so natural and tastefully done, even when it involves full nudity.

And it usually ends up being Amira

Almost all caught up with the scans. Is that tank hardcover? Is it a limited edition?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 20:43   Link #44
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
The fanservice is rare enough that when it pops up, it's always even more of a treat than normal fanservice. It's just so natural and tastefully done, even when it involves full nudity.

And it usually ends up being Amira

Almost all caught up with the scans. Is that tank hardcover? Is it a limited edition?
It's Hardcover with dust cover but as far as I know it's just the normal edition. Seems they just went all out for this series.

FYI, I would advise getting this online, only reason I bought from store is cause if I found anything wrong with it, it's easier to for me to return.
Old 2011-09-01, 20:46   Link #45
Xagzan

So then, why would you recommend an online purchase?
Old 2011-09-01, 20:49   Link #46
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
So then, why would you recommend an online purchase?
cause I know it's cheaper online

I just didn't feel like purchasing online and wanted it as soon as.
Old 2011-09-02, 10:55   Link #47
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Oh, me too - I can look at her panels of wolves and landscapes all day and be happy enough. I just like the story element from the title the best, and I hope she doesn't stray too far from it.
The wolves ><. It's one of the best wolf drawing in a manga I've read so far
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 21:43   Link #48
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Just want to show off my spoils of my war on credit crunching!
Bonta you lucky bastard!

I just noticed Yen Press as v.1 released in North America...

...Amazon got it for like 12$...

I think I'll buy both when v.2 comes out in October, and some other book to make it up above $25 (free shipping!). Still crunching a bit with early semester expenses. But yes, this is the kind of manga you just need to own; art for art's sake, and such exquisite art!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 05:30   Link #49
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Read this at last,only passed volume 3 actually

The art is amazing, the character is well portrayed, the humor plays real well, and the storyline is great. Won't repeat on about Amira and Karluk since everyone did talk about them. But on the support characters, i especially like the (slightly) tomboy girl and the niece who is crazy about hawks. Amira really should help her get one....

And of course on ep 17:
Spoiler for Ep 17:

Based on the event, i will just make a guess that this is around WW1 period. But need more information on that
Old 2011-09-04, 05:40   Link #50
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Based on the event, i will just make a guess that this is around WW1 period. But need more information on that
It's set in the 19th century, during the time of the Great Game, an euphemism for the power struggle between Russia and the British Empire for control and influence over Central Asia. For Russia, it was a matter of keeping its backyard free from potential invaders. For the British, it was a matter of ensuring the security of British India.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 07:29   Link #51
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Can't wait so i went ahead to read chapter 18 and 19 and.... damn i really like Kaoru's work on her side characters (especially the young female ones). First it was Amira, then Tileke and Pariya,and now we have the twins....

Just fell in love with them all
Old 2011-09-05, 14:21   Link #52
Xagzan

I'm caught up, and for the first time in manga reading, I found the editor's comment at the end of the chapter not stupidly pointless. This really is a story of young brides, but not just Amira. Multiple young brides, multiple stories. And they're all connected by...well, so far it seems to be Smith. And thankfully, it also seems that once an individual bride's arc is done, we still see her again afterwards. At least that's how it is for Amira, since her story is clearly not resolved. Hoping we see Tarasu again too.

The twins are adorable and lovely, though they do look to be the youngest of the brides so far. Like, around Pariya's age. I wonder who they'll get offered to in marriage.

Quote:
Can't wait so i went ahead to read chapter 18 and 19 and.... damn i really like Kaoru's work on her side characters (especially the young female ones). First it was Amira, then Tileke and Pariya,and now we have the twins....

Just fell in love with them all
Which one was Tileke again?
Old 2011-09-07, 11:02   Link #53
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
I'm caught up, and for the first time in manga reading, I found the editor's comment at the end of the chapter not stupidly pointless. This really is a story of young brides, but not just Amira. Multiple young brides, multiple stories. And they're all connected by...well, so far it seems to be Smith. And thankfully, it also seems that once an individual bride's arc is done, we still see her again afterwards. At least that's how it is for Amira, since her story is clearly not resolved. Hoping we see Tarasu again too.

The twins are adorable and lovely, though they do look to be the youngest of the brides so far. Like, around Pariya's age. I wonder who they'll get offered to in marriage.

Which one was Tileke again?
Tileke? She's my favorite, the youngest of them all...and she like hawk =D

I don't want to see the twins marrying. It will be sad for them to part, since they seems almost like an entity.They are so generic... and so adorably annoying. You know... the good kind of annoying.

Btw, i have to admit that. it has been a long time since the last time i read/ watched something, that is simply so vivid that it can drown myself onto their world. I didn't read all of the chapters at once (volume 1 several week ago, then vol 2,3 recently), but for the last few days, the story of Otoyome-Gatari still sometime occupy my brain whenever i have some free time to blank my mind into space

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-09-07 at 11:24.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 14:37   Link #54
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Tileke? She's my favorite, the youngest of them all...and she like hawk =D
Birds are awesome
Quote:
I don't want to see the twins marrying. It will be sad for them to part, since they seems almost like an entity.They are so generic... and so adorably annoying. You know... the good kind of annoying.
Well these aren't exactly monogamous societies we're talking about here. There's also marrying into the same familiy.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 16:57   Link #55
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Sooo got my 2nd volume of the series and....I regret buying it.

See this time I decided to go with amazon as it was alot cheaper and I was buying other stuff at the time, so ordered it, got it and find there a tiny tear in the cover and a page.......
Now it's small tear but me being me it annoys me to hell, I wanted to send it back but I really couldn't be arsed over such a small thing.
Safe to say I won't be ordering such stuff from the net again, I did save alot of money but the tears really do annoy me somewhat, I can live with it and if it really does end up bothereing to to no end then I'd just go buy at my local comic store(which I will be doing from now)

I knew deep down I shouldn't have bought off the net but I can't help saving a few bucks here and there, especially with something expensive.

Either way it's still proving a good read, the famliy conflict with Amira and all that, was good stuff.
However I am very interested in this deal with Mr Smith, should be interesting to see what happens there.

And as per usual can't say it enough but this is really just a truly beautiful series to behold.
Old 2011-12-10, 18:33   Link #56
Franckie

I finally got around to catching up on this series and I'm fairly surprised at the level of detail the author has for history and culture. The artwork is also top-notch. I'm looking forward to future chapters.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 18:46   Link #57
GrimJack

read chapter 20 today and the twins are just great imagine Pariya on steroids
Old 2012-01-30, 20:17   Link #58
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

...my god. This chapter was AWESOME!

...hide your sons. Laila and Leyli are on the loose!
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 08:39   Link #59
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
...my god. This chapter was AWESOME!

...hide your sons. Laila and Leyli are on the loose!
why must this author name the twin with that name
Spoiler for my own problem..don't read it is the best:

I laugh at how unlucky Mr.Smith are
1st being branded as spy and jailed
2nd dumped by his supposed fiancee
3rd branded as doctor and bothered by lots of people seeing miracle

here's my prediction:
one of each clan that we seen till now will have war and dislocated joints, heard about Gold-Haired-Doctor-Smith, and then get free re-located joint treatment with peace agreement among them all
Including Tarasu's Step Father, and he finally acknowledge Smith to be with her
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 08:15   Link #60
Same_Shark

I finally bought my copy of Vol.2 and Yen Press seems to be a little off their game. The first few pages of my copy are actually too big for the book. If you look from above, the pages stick out further than the rest. Let me tell you, I was not very happy, but other than that, I love it. The art just gets better and better!

Last edited by Same_Shark; 2012-02-25 at 22:46.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, romance, seinen