AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-08, 00:15   Link #481
steelbound
Yuki-ism

Thanks [Woland] - definitely like the border more. I had an idea about combining two elements into an avatar and after doing the work of getting the name to shine properly I figured I'd make a few to give away free.

Haruhi
... ... ...

... ...

Mikuru
... ...

Yuki
... ... ...

Kyon
... ... ...

Other

Ok maybe more then a few. I still want to make a couple from eps. 1,4,5 and 6 when it comes out (gives me an excuse to rewatch the show) so if anyone has a request I can try to fill it.
Old 2006-05-08, 00:17   Link #482
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
You forgot Kyon's sister and Tsuruya under other :P
Old 2006-05-08, 00:21   Link #483
Hanatori
Yarr.

Itsuki, please! Preferably from the scene in the OP when all the characters look towards the camera for around 1 second each...

Hmm. How's about I provide the image? ^^;

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8895/bscap6457hr.jpg
Old 2006-05-08, 00:24   Link #484
Sofu
Cheeky Cat

Perhaps I should post a request. I need a better avatar than what I can make myself (as you can undoubtably see). I was trying to go for the cat and SOS brigade, but it just didn't work out, and I haven't had the time to try again since I made it (and even if I did, I don't really have the skills, so it'd probably turn out just as bad). So, I'm wondering if any of the amazing artists here could come up with something better? (OK, I know you can come up with something better. The question is, would you be so kind as to do so? )

I don't care if it's static or not, though if you can get the cat talking, that'd be awesome! The important aspects are to have the cat (I got him from ep 1, but feel free to take him from somewhere else) and SOS Brigade (end of ep 2, though again, don't feel beholden to that) in the picture. I don't want any other characters in it, even as background. The background I used was from the SOS Brigade creed which appears around the middle of ep 3, but again, that's not necessary. The "border" (if it can be called that) I made myself, so that can get tossed. I'm not really picky on size as long as all the important elements are clearly visible (which should go without saying, I guess). Beyond that, please by all means use your own judgement and creativity.
Old 2006-05-08, 01:48   Link #485
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbound
Thanks [Woland] - definitely like the border more. I had an idea about combining two elements into an avatar and after doing the work of getting the name to shine properly I figured I'd make a few to give away free.

*freebies*

Yaay! Freebies!
Old 2006-05-08, 07:29   Link #486
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Some freebie gifs from episode 6

Spoiler for because it's not fansubbed yet, but nothing really revealing inside:
Old 2006-05-08, 09:07   Link #487
SOS-Brigade
Aliens, Sliders, Espers!

Send a message via MSN to SOS-Brigade
Thanks for the freebies from ep. 6

^^ liking the hair flowing one for Haruhi =P Keep it up~
Old 2006-05-08, 11:43   Link #488
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbound
Nice idea, very effective and compact in size

Could you try to make trasparent the space around the kanji of title? One of this two for example:

With that small size I'd like to use it in boards more strict than AS
In this case would be probably better a borderless one (or with a border only around the image on the right )
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Woland; 2006-05-08 at 11:56.
Old 2006-05-08, 14:26   Link #489
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Battousai
I tried to do a thread search which gave no results so i hope i'm not repeating a request here. I'd like to request a sig(heck maybe a recruitment thing for other ppl to use too) which is a parody of the Uncle Sam "I want you for U.S. Army" poster. So this time Haruhi is pointing(eg. like the ending sequence which i think is about 23:19 timeframe in episode 5 or the opening sequence, about 1:47 in for ep 5), and the text says "I want you for the SOS-Dan", something like that ^^
Something like this?
Spoiler:

Sorry, it looks kinda crappy. :/
Old 2006-05-08, 15:23   Link #490
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
Spoiler:
Nice job and, really, we can call it the main theme for the animation of the episode 6 (nicely done by kyoani as always). Mind if... I fill the gap?

Koizumi:

Kyon:

Imooto: and Haruhi (mostly Haruhi)

and some add lib

Haruhi
<--- static, but a wonderful expression

Yuki (dinner-time)

I fear I lost the Yuki daisuki one, but in the end is not that great without the voice part

Last edited by Woland; 2006-05-11 at 03:49.
Old 2006-05-08, 16:07   Link #491
Hanatori
Yarr.

Eh, so you did a better job than me in those scenes... I'm not jealous... Who says I'm jealous? *turns around*

Beautiful wind flowing~ There's this nice scene of Kyon in close-up and he closes his eyes once... It would look nice looped.
Old 2006-05-08, 17:47   Link #492
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori
Eh, so you did a better job than me in those scenes... I'm not jealous... Who says I'm jealous? *turns around*
Gomen I didn't mean to step over, it's just that I liked the effect of wind flowing on the clothes

But indeed I forget to mention a thing

It's very well done, like the others, but all your works seem a bit stretched vertically... You are probably using the same raw as mine and if you exctract the frame with virtualdub the prior thing to to is resize them to 704x396 instead the 704x480 you have by default

Quote:
Beautiful wind flowing~ There's this nice scene of Kyon in close-up and he closes his eyes once... It would look nice looped.
I can't remember that sequence ^^; do you have the time?
Old 2006-05-08, 20:02   Link #493
Hanatori
Yarr.

Hmm. I knew when I watched the episode that something wasn't quite right with the ratio... I just didn't bother to fix it. ^^; I'll take that into consideration next time and I'll try to change that later. Actually for such a stretched out raw the ones of Itsuki talking in the second row of my other post weren't that bad...

I didn't mean to imply that you were stepping over, sorry... Your gifs are always A+ quality anyway!

I'll look for the scene, but maybe it was just my imagination. I'm sure though, that there were a couple places where Kyon frowns... Those are good, too.
Old 2006-05-08, 20:19   Link #494
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Kyon always frowns XD

He can't let Haruhi know that he's enjoying himself
Old 2006-05-08, 20:35   Link #495
steelbound
Yuki-ism

I figured I'd find a couple more Itsuki but it was kinda hard because he squints almost constantly.

Itsuki
... ...

[Woland]

I'll see what I can do. I'm using Jasc's Animation Shop 3/Paint Shop Pro 7 to make my gif's. I just tried a quick pass of deleting the white around the kanji to get to the transparent part of the layer which looked pretty good in PSP7 but when I imported that layer into AS3 the kanji moved over to the left border for some reason. I'm sure there is some easy fix but I'm not used to working with these types of programs but will give it my best shot.

I've got a job interview tomarrow so to try to control my nerves I decided to make more avatars this past afternoon using the same setup of the ones I posted last night.

... ... ...

... ... ...

... ... ...

... ... ...

... ... ...
Old 2006-05-08, 20:42   Link #496
Hanatori
Yarr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
Kyon always frowns XD

He can't let Haruhi know that he's enjoying himself
Quite true indeed. ^^

Oh dear... worst typo ever. Imagewhack...

Plain bases, just statics right now.

Steelbound, keep up the great work. ^^ I just really love the nifty shine on the logo. The Tsuruya ones are cuter than expected... ^^;
Old 2006-05-08, 20:59   Link #497
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

I'm still waiting for her to show up in another episode so I can start sporting another Tsuruya avvy (lol, I was the only one using one for about 2 weeks, now no one is )
Old 2006-05-08, 22:36   Link #498
K. Yamato
Sae's Lover
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to K. Yamato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
Some freebie gifs from episode 6

Spoiler for because it's not fansubbed yet, but nothing really revealing inside:
OH OH Sweet! New Mikuru AV mind if I snatch that? ^_^

Please visit my museum here at AnimeSuki ^^ Here
Old 2006-05-09, 07:50   Link #499
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Yamato
OH OH Sweet! New Mikuru AV mind if I snatch that? ^_^
Indeed! Go ahead

@[Woland]: Don't worry ^^ I'm glad you filled the gap, actually I was totally out of time , plus being compatriots there's a reason more to help each other out
Old 2006-05-10, 02:54   Link #500
evil-samurai

A made quite a few this time from episode 9! ^^; I also happed to make the hair blowing gifs when they were on the boat straight after watching the episode ^^; before I realized they were up on here >.< Well.. there are already 6 down, not many more episodes to go...

Sorry but I just loved it ^^;

Spoiler for More!!!:
There from ep.6 err... I mean ep.9.. Never seen any anime that does mix up the order of episodes like they do here >.< oh! Anyone!! can use them e.g aliens, time travelers and espers.
Closed Thread

Tags