AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-17, 13:12   Link #221
Aquaman OS

Winning is a very lose term. That doesn't mean the rebellion will be sucessful and he will personally strike down his father. For all we know Britannia could be destroyed from the emperors plan backfiring and Lelouch will have to clean up his mess.

They've spent so much time hyping the Black Knight's taking down Britannia that I'm almost convinced that won't happen. At the end of the series the world will be a better place and Britannia will be gone or changed for the better, but it might not be done in the way we think.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 13:14   Link #222
KrimzonStriker

Mass Ascension of Humanity FTW!!!
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 16:48   Link #223
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Mass Ascension of Humanity FTW!!!
No Eva plan please. I hated that idea since everyone loses their individuality.

And I don't think Lelouch will destroy Britannia at all. I think he means to destroy their current government and policies myself.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 16:53   Link #224
KrimzonStriker

How does that create lasting world peace though?
Old 2008-04-17, 16:58   Link #225
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't know, but I don't like the mass ascension option.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-17, 21:16   Link #226
Aquaman OS

Quote:
They can do it the Skies of Arcadia way. Have all the oppressive and racist nobles and military convieniently killed due to their own stupidity and power hungry ways, then instate a good ruler who won't actually abuse their power, that may or might not be the hero. After that the oppressive state is mostly gone and the world is far more peaceful while the actually country itself isn't destroyed and the good citizens it has are spared.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 21:44   Link #227
TheRainbowConnection

Quote:
I don't really think anyone's aiming for lasting world peace here. The world will stray eventually, but every so often, someone like Lelouch comes along to right it for a while.

And there's too many good people in Britannia for it to be destroyed. I'm predicting the ascension of a more moderate, less warlike, more equal government. Sorta like what happened in Final Fantasy XII, except replace Archades with Britannia and Larsa with someone. Cornelia might work, if she shows back up and becomes more moderated in her views.
TheRainbowConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 22:25   Link #228
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

There won't be lasting peace, because everyone knows that is not possible. The show is likely to end with things moving into the future. It will probably look hopeful, but it will be unknown if it will last for long.

I've been thinking Cornelia could work as well though it does depend on how she develops.

Old 2008-04-21, 18:40   Link #229
ftghb

hmmm....i dont know, i heard that there's a 'happy' ending for lelouch....Doesn't that imply he'll probably wins in th end?
ftghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 18:42   Link #230
KrimzonStriker

Whether his victory and the lessons he leaves behind will last is up for the future to answer though...>_>
Old 2008-04-21, 21:43   Link #231
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Didnt the emperor wanted only the most powerful of his son to ascend? Since lelouch will proably kill all oppositions, i say check mate is the logical path. I think the emperor will welcome his own destruction at the hands of his own son. Since the emperor is drown in his own ideology i can see him laughing when lelouch takes him out.

World peace is impossible since human nature dictates inequality. Lelouch will destroy brittainia since he announced it in the beggining of the story.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 21:47   Link #232
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
Didnt the emperor wanted only the most powerful of his son to ascend? Since lelouch will proably kill all oppositions, i say check mate is the logical path. I think the emperor will welcome his own destruction at the hands of his own son. Since the emperor is drown in his own ideology i can see him laughing when lelouch takes him out.

World peace is impossible since human nature dictates inequality.
Well, that's just a secondary concern if at all. Wakamoto is interested in the Sword of Akasha/Mental Elevator/Geass thing first and foremost.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 21:47   Link #233
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The Emperor seems to be concerned with his plan right now, so I don't think the matter of succession is anything more than something on the side. The thing that worries me is that Lelouch could potentially be proof of the Emperor's idea of the world.

Lelouch is well aware of that. He acknowledged it himself that he is not that arrogant.

Old 2008-04-22, 01:43   Link #234
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Could it be that Charles is looking for a way to become immortal (like the gods are)
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 01:57   Link #235
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:

World peace is impossible since human nature dictates inequality. Lelouch will destroy brittainia since he announced it in the beggining of the story.
We don't know for sure if he'll destroy it. What is by some chance, he is able to subjugate a swath of both Japanese and Britannians in the process? (Geass powers could prove useful there..).

I think it'd be an incredible coup if Lelouch somehow ends up with the reins of real Britannian power on top of Japan. Like, what if it's a very Darwinian action by the Emperor? The strongest survives. If Lelouch has the strength and will to control Britannia and the world, so be it.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 02:10   Link #236
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
We don't know for sure if he'll destroy it. What is by some chance, he is able to subjugate a swath of both Japanese and Britannians in the process? (Geass powers could prove useful there..).

I think it'd be an incredible coup if Lelouch somehow ends up with the reins of real Britannian power on top of Japan. Like, what if it's a very Darwinian action by the Emperor? The strongest survives. If Lelouch has the strength and will to control Britannia and the world, so be it.
I think Lelouch will destroy britainia and create his united states of japan. Lelouch does not like the ideology that britainnia stands for - "darwinism".

But since Lelouch accepted Euphie's proposition anything can happen. But he seems intent on the destruction of the Emperor and his Britainnia.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 02:24   Link #237
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
I think Lelouch will destroy britainia and create his united states of japan. Lelouch does not like the ideology that britainnia stands for - "darwinism".
Note how Lelouch says 'everyone who is for Justice' can join his US of Japan. That basically means Britannians too. I think it may be a subconscious thing for him. He's gathering up a lot of power and I wonder if he'll just let things go if he ends up being a king of sorts in the end. Obviously, that final result probably won't be "Britannia" but it'd still be a sort of a new rule in a different sense. I'm not saying he'll turn evil, but he probably will get his share of being power hungry.

Quote:
But since Lelouch accepted Euphie's proposition anything can happen. But he seems intent on the destruction of the Emperor and his Britainnia.
That's what he 'says', but I think it's fairly obvious that the things he most detests is the top most hierarchy in the Emperor and the Knights that supports him directly. I truly do think if he had the choice, he could turn himself into Emperor. I doubt that he has anything against the actual civilians as long as they don't get in his way.
Old 2008-04-22, 03:02   Link #238
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
You guys seem to forget why Lelouch even created his 'Zero' Persona; He can Ditch It.

He's only taking over the world to stop War, Find His Mom's Killer, Make a place for Nunnally. He's obviously going to take over the world, then hand the position over to either Ougi or Todou, people he knows are going to take good care of everything while he's achieved and can live his own life for his sister.

You guys are forgetting Lelouch just wants to Find his Mother's murderer ( He assumes its the Emperor at the moment ), take down the country/government that will use him and his sister as tools and thats it. He has no selfish desire to take over the world and reign over it, he's stated he's not so arrogant.

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 03:05   Link #239
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
You guys seem to forget why Lelouch even created his 'Zero' Persona; He can Ditch It.

He's only taking over the world to stop War, Find His Mom's Killer, Make a place for Nunnally. He's obviously going to take over the world, then hand the position over to either Ougi or Todou, people he knows are going to take good care of everything while he's achieved and can live his own life for his sister.

You guys are forgetting Lelouch just wants to Find his Mother's murderer ( He assumes its the Emperor at the moment ), take down the country/government that will use him and his sister as tools and thats it. He has no selfish desire to take over the world and reign over it, he's stated he's not so arrogant.
Again, him declaring something and doing is something totally different. Yes, he says he'll let it go at that, but do you really think the Zero persona can be detached that easily? It's long since become a part of his psyche. I think he's too deep into the game to just let it go at the drop of a hat once the mission is complete.
Old 2008-04-22, 03:20   Link #240
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Again, him declaring something and doing is something totally different. Yes, he says he'll let it go at that, but do you really think the Zero persona can be detached that easily? It's long since become a part of his psyche. I think he's too deep into the game to just let it go at the drop of a hat once the mission is complete.
It was his original Psyche to begin with, he claimed himself that he lived a lie and acted on more lies. He was pretending the whole time we saw him in ep 1 of the first season, Zero is his original Persona.

He killed the Terrorists easily enough, smirked at the end of it. Even led a battle and shot Clovis in the face without major repercussions until he got back to school a day later.

He later claims to C.C. that she sped up his original plans, meaning he was always preparing for a battle and War.

Perhaps it does make him a more Evil Character in that thought, but he did drop everything to find Nunnally to begin with in ep 25. Obviously he can give up the Black Knights, Zero's Honor, and the War for her if she was in danger.

It wouldn't be any different if he were to win; he may give advice through emails to the black knights but more or less he'd surrender the Zero Persona because his desires have been fulfilled.

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote