AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-04, 03:42   Link #21
ShikaShika
無罪

I had a feeling it was like three very short promos cut together, but I only watched it once so I can't verify that or anything.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 03:59   Link #22
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar
Am I the only one that thought the promo was absolute crap? The scenes and the lines are repetitive, and there was not that much shown. I don't read the manga so I can't comment on the story, but from the promo I have almost zero interest in this anime right now. Did I miss any jokes from the promo?
Didn't miss anything, as far as I could tell. The promo didn't make me want to see the anime either, but all things considered, I'll be watching it and forcing my opinion on anyone willing to listen regardless. As for the manga, it's awesome. Love it. Hopefully the anime will live up to it.

On a side note concerning the character designs, it's been pretty common knowlegde what the characters will look like in the anime for quite some time (ever since the anime site was announced... if you're interested, Azuma, Kawachi and Tsukino are here, just click on the 'characters' link, plus there have been various specials in Shounen Sunday talking about the Yaki anime for over a month now that have included character concept sketches). They're basically the same as the manga, only simplified for animation. Really, there are no drastic or blasphemous changes to them (unlike how I saw the anime adaptation of the Midori no Hibi characters). Really, you can't expect something drawn with so much detail to be ported to animation in its entirety, so of course Tsukino will be less sexy hot and there'll be less detail on Kawachi's many hair styles or the manager's muscles, but it'll all still be there.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 12:34   Link #23
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yo! It's snoopy! My favorite manga scanslator! Ok, all plugging aside, I really liked the promos and even if the anime does bomb or turn out to be lame, I'm willing to give it a spin as my "want to watch" list is growing shorter very quickly. Besides, unless the first episode totally repulses you and makes you never want to see it again, always apply the 3-5 episode rule to a new anime before making your judgement. IE watch at least 3-5 episodes before deciding if an anime is truely good or bad. I've done that on a couple of anime and what I originally thought was a bad series actually was quite good and I enjoyed them a lot. And with others I thought I'd like, I found out that I didn't using that rule. At least give it a try.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 15:50   Link #24
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
On a side note concerning the character designs, it's been pretty common knowlegde what the characters will look like in the anime for quite some time (ever since the anime site was announced... if you're interested, Azuma, Kawachi and Tsukino are here, just click on the 'characters' link, plus there have been various specials in Shounen Sunday talking about the Yaki anime for over a month now that have included character concept sketches). They're basically the same as the manga, only simplified for animation. Really, there are no drastic or blasphemous changes to them (unlike how I saw the anime adaptation of the Midori no Hibi characters). Really, you can't expect something drawn with so much detail to be ported to animation in its entirety, so of course Tsukino will be less sexy hot and there'll be less detail on Kawachi's many hair styles or the manager's muscles, but it'll all still be there.

Thx for the link, in the site they look more like they did in the manga, but in the promo they kindda looked a bit diffrent <.<
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 17:38   Link #25
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
The anime style looks like FMA. What the heck is this show about a bakery?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 17:56   Link #26
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
The anime style looks like FMA. What the heck is this show about a bakery?
Well it's actually more about bread-making then a bakery. Although two large bakery chains and one small store within the chain factor into a lot of it.

However for the past couple volumes the story has been taking place outside of a bakery, so it's easier to say it's about bread
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 20:05   Link #27
Yxy
chaunen...

I would say it's about "reactions"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Well it's actually more about bread-making then a bakery. Although two large bakery chains and one small store within the chain factor into a lot of it.

However for the past couple volumes the story has been taking place outside of a bakery, so it's easier to say it's about bread
Yxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 20:43   Link #28
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxy
That's probably an even more accurate synopsis
Old 2004-10-05, 01:37   Link #29
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

that's the funny bit of it!

It's all about the reactions people have on..well..baking bread.

maybe a few potential reactions:

M-MASAKA! HE MADE THE BREAD YEAST BEFORE SUNRISE...WHEN DID HE...?

BAKANA! HE SHOULD'T BE ABLE TO USE THAT TYPE OF GRAIN YET!

NANDATO? SINCE WHEN IS HE CAPABLE OF CONTROLING A HIGH-LEVEL STOVE LIKE THAT?

etc.
Old 2004-10-05, 01:48   Link #30
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxy

It's all about teh Goddess Hands! wigglewigglewiggle~
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 02:13   Link #31
WristBandMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak

It's all about teh Goddess Hands! wigglewigglewiggle~
"Everybody can do that!"

~~wiggle wiggle wiggle~~~

"Come on Kawachi, you do it too~~~~~"

HAHAHAAHA~~~~ maybe I should put spoiler tag for this one.. lol

edit:
Look at this

http://www.yakitate-japan.com/news/index.html

they have seven big banners to publicize it. Think it's really big!!
WristBandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 02:28   Link #32
FlyByNite

The dog is
Spoiler:
Best Reaction Evah

Wow, those were some huge banners advertising the anime in Japan. Guess they expect it to be very popular.
Old 2004-10-05, 11:32   Link #33
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Well, the Yakitate manga is popular, to say the least. Won the Shogakukan manga competition this year, it's running on more than a full head of steam. Looking at the local hype from Shounen Sunday, you'd be hard pressed to think they weren't betting on it taking Inuyasha's place or better in their ratings list (btw, Inuyasha's anime is ending very soon... I forget the actual date... maybe it's already happened...? o_O;; ), so it's pretty expected that it'd be fairly highly advertised.

If you know Japanese, there's a couple of little behind the scenes video clips on the site, too, with the voice actors and the producer talking to various production staff. They had the key cell artist and showed her drawing Azuma as a kid (directly from the manga, no less), then went to the animator, and eventually showed the digital color guy, and their 'bread creation engine' that allowed them to change it from perfectly baked to burned in a single click ( ). The entire thing sucked, as it was just two very slightly attractive voice actresses (I wouldn't hit that) saying "Ooooooh, I've been voice acting for anime for 5 years but I didn't know people actually DREW it" and "Wow, that digitally mastered bread sure looks tasty". And the producer should never be allowed to speak publicly. The unmiced artists were more interesting, and you couldn't hear them.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 12:28   Link #34
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WristBandMan
edit:
Look at this

http://www.yakitate-japan.com/news/index.html

they have seven big banners to publicize it. Think it's really big!!
I like the Tsukino one. It reminds me of: "Stop by and see what Tsukino tastes like, okay?" ^_~
Old 2004-10-05, 12:30   Link #35
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I didn't realize that this was all that popular. Partly because I hadn't even heard that the manga existed. But if it's that popular and Inuyasha is ending, then this anime should definately be huge since one long running and powerful show will be ending and a new one starting. YAY! I was looking for this! Time to crank up another rocking anime!!
Old 2004-10-13, 21:20   Link #36
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

First episode was good. Not sure if it's good enough to follow the anime since it's not significantly better than or different from the manga right now. I'm still put off by Azuma's voice actor and that accent I never knew he had. Makes me look at him in a completely different way. Heck I didn't know baldy was osakaan either. Amazing what can be lost in translation...
H2-FumoGuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 21:41   Link #37
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Oh?? Episode one is out already?? How come I haven't seen either the raw or sub of it yet? o_0
Old 2004-10-13, 22:01   Link #38
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Oh?? Episode one is out already?? How come I haven't seen either the raw or sub of it yet? o_0
The first episode aired on Tuesday evening. I thought it was, overall, faithful to the manga. Asuma's voice was different than expected, I thought, but the character was drawn as an enthusiastic kid so can't complain about the tone used. The series should be a fun one.

Spoiler for Thoughts on grandpa - spoiler tags just in case:

If grandpa's reaction to Asuma's bread can be used, the upcoming baking competition should be fun to watch.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 01:23   Link #39
s'my
watashi wa chiisaikeredo

Haven't watch the anime yet but have been following the manga faithfully (am very proud of the 2 volumes I own heh heh) - and somehow I don't quite see Yakitate, good as it is, taking over Inuyasha's spot. They are 2 rather different kettles of fish don't you think?
s'my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 01:45   Link #40
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Nobody thought to post it on Mirkx, so you have to go the Raw sites.
Crimsonmon is offline   Reply With Quote