Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-09, 00:32   Link #4181
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
The Britannians did not want to give Japan any independence at all, and if the SAZ had gone through it would have been nothing more than a false freedom --- similar to the effect of the refrain, it would have just lulled the Japanese into not fighting for their freedom and would have resulted in very little change at all.

Well, that was the impression I got anyway...
It gave the same impression to me, but who knows? Euphemia was going to get Zero's support and we didn't knew her future plans for the zone, so, it could turn out to be a nice place good for Britannia and Japan. Charles was all about his instrumentality human project, so i don't think he would give a shit about the future of Japan.

Last edited by Kid Ying; 2009-04-09 at 08:16.
Old 2009-04-09, 00:43   Link #4182
azul120

It would have been all well and good for Japan, but it wouldn't have done a whole lot for the rest of the world under or threatened by Britannian occupation, though they didn't really cover that until R2, starting with Zero countering the Chinese Eunuchs' coup d'etat.
Old 2009-04-09, 10:36   Link #4183
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
euphie came up with the idea becouse she wanted to improve the lives of the japanese people and bring about a peaceful end to the conflict (knowing that lelouch is the enemy)
but the reason why shnizel supported it was becouse it would force the OOBK to disarm or be preceived as the enemies of peace
the reason lelouch wanted to use euphie to shoot him and destroy the SAZ was becouse he had no choice but to destroy it
if it was allowed to exist the OOBK would have been destroyed
Old 2009-04-09, 17:15   Link #4184
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

So, sorry if this has already been discussed and I'm late to the party or something, but ---

the latest picture drama. Cecile/Suzaku? What? o_0
Old 2009-04-09, 17:20   Link #4185
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
So, sorry if this has already been discussed and I'm late to the party or something, but ---

New PD is out?

On that note I for one would find it hilariously tragic if Suzaku and Cecile got it on in during ZR
Old 2009-04-09, 17:27   Link #4186
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:

Are you referring to PD 8? I remember seeing some pics with Suzaku and Cecile but I don't think it was anything strictly romantic. Then again, I don't know much about the PDs
Old 2009-04-09, 18:06   Link #4187
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:

A review was written for PD8 from the other board and someone quoted it a while back, its platonic/familial. She compares Suzaku to her brother (?) who died in the past to KMFs.
Old 2009-04-09, 18:09   Link #4188
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
A review was written for PD8 from the other board and someone quoted it a while back, its platonic/familial. She compares Suzaku to her brother (?) who died in the past to KMFs.
That's actually an interesting concept. I wouldn't have minded seeing it explored a little.
Old 2009-04-09, 22:07   Link #4189
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:
Oh? Yeah, that makes more sense to me. Someone on livejournal mentioned that it was foreshadowed in season one and that there was actually supposed to be a subplot about it in R2 but it got edited out... and that Suzaku was supposed to have mentioned that he was interested in older women or something somewhere, as a sort of response...

But personally, I never saw or even imagined it until PD8. o_0
Old 2009-04-09, 22:22   Link #4190
azul120

Can you link to the review by any chance?

Speaking of the PDs, has there ever been a thread dedicated to them yet?
Old 2009-04-10, 00:35   Link #4191
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I remember seeing the pics from that PD, it didn't looked romantic to say the least. So i wasn't expecting nothing in that way from Cecile/Suzaku. But it would be a nice couple...
Old 2009-04-11, 11:47   Link #4192
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
I remember seeing the pics from that PD, it didn't looked romantic to say the least. So i wasn't expecting nothing in that way from Cecile/Suzaku. But it would be a nice couple...
There was to have been a revealation between Suzaku x Cecile in the planned R2 season. But because of the changes, that outcome was dropped. So all we got was the Llyod x Cecile comic relief, while Suzaku is obssessed about avenging Euphie's death.

It's my hope that someday, a novel could be written by the production staff about what was initially intended for Code Geass R2 before the changes were made. I still have a feeling that something significant was missing in the plot for R2. And I am not refering to Lelouch's death.

In my honest opinion, every time the story has a build-up of events in Code Geass R2, it simply fizzles away to nothing. It appears that whatever was planned might have made to second season far more interesting than the final product. Aside from a few scenes, everything else was just an overlap of events from season one. Just compare the episodes of R2 to R1.

I am not trying to rehash old news from last year. But view the episodes of both seasons again and see it for yourselves.
Old 2009-04-11, 11:55   Link #4193
darthfury78

Quote:
I don't think it was her brother that Cecil was comparing Suzaku to. But rather to her fiance, who had died in battle. Suzaku reminds her of her lost love.

This was why Cecil was somewhat protective of Suzaku.
Old 2009-04-11, 12:09   Link #4194
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
In my honest opinion, every time the story has a build-up of events in Code Geass R2, it simply fizzles away to nothing. It appears that whatever was planned might have made to second season far more interesting than the final product. Aside from a few scenes, everything else was just an overlap of events from season one. Just compare the episodes of R2 to R1.

I am not trying to rehash old news from last year. But view the episodes of both seasons again and see it for yourselves.
The only thing that would change was the minor details. The end would have played out the same.
Old 2009-04-11, 13:24   Link #4195
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
So all we got was the Llyod x Cecile comic relief, while Suzaku is obssessed about avenging Euphie's death.
Are you referring to PD8, or the majority of R2?
Old 2009-04-11, 14:45   Link #4196
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The only thing that would change was the minor details. The end would have played out the same.
Going to disagree since we don't know what they had in mind.
Some of the stuff was extremely far fetched.
So i was like wtf where are they going.
Anyways We don't know.
It could be complete different.
Not enough information.
Old 2009-04-11, 14:52   Link #4197
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Going to disagree since we don't know what they had in mind.
Some of the stuff was extremely far fetched.
So i was like wtf where are they going.
Anyways We don't know.
It could be complete different.
Not enough information.
Fair enough. There was that whole "Zero was a girl" thing or some such as I recall.
Old 2009-04-11, 16:24   Link #4198
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

We have no idea what the staff actually had planned due to the time slot change. I remember reading a few things awhile back about it. However, we don't know how legit those rumors were anyway(Sounded like an fanfic to me). I suppose a few things were dropped like Suzaku's connection to geass(Not too sure about Suzaku x Cecile) and Kallen's background.

Staying OT, I think Kallen's romantic development more or less would have stayed the same(As with the other 3 main characters central development). The staff made sure to keep that development throughout R2 and in post materials as well. I remember reading that a few staff members were joking about an alternate turn 7 between Lelouch and Kallen. If there wasn't an time slot change.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-04-11 at 18:14.
Old 2009-04-11, 17:58   Link #4199
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Yeah, there was LuluKallen stuff from pretty much the very beginning. :/ ... alternate Turn Seven? Without the bubble power? XD

What I've heard about the planned R2 is this: A girl (CC, maybe?) was going to have to take Lelouch's place as Zero for awhile and Tamaki would fall in love with her (...). And somehow Lelouch was going to rescue the entirety of Ashford Academy from... something and have them living with the Black Knights...? (ahaha, wut).

Also, the thing about Cecile/Suzaku (most recently), and also also also... Suzaku's connection to Geass! Which is probably the only thing that I'm disappointed about being removed (although it would have been fun to see Tamaki fall in love with female!Zero).

And yeah, R2 was kind of cracky and bizarre, especially in the later episodes, but it was a FABULOUS AND ANGSTY trainwreck of love so I don't even care. XD

Last edited by snowdevil_crow; 2009-04-11 at 17:59. Reason: posted too soon.
Old 2009-04-11, 20:04   Link #4200
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
What I've heard about the planned R2 is this: A girl (CC, maybe?) was going to have to take Lelouch's place as Zero for awhile and Tamaki would fall in love with her (...).
Yes, IIRC this girl was going to be Jeremiah's sister Lilicia.
Closed Thread