AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-07-26, 22:49   Link #121
MagnAvaloN

The volume is overall not as depressing as volume 7, although I personally wouldn't call the final epilogue a happy one.

Last edited by MagnAvaloN; 2015-07-26 at 23:56. Reason: typo
MagnAvaloN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 22:57   Link #122
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Tomoya trying to win over the former member after they left by acting different was cringe woorthy, specially when 2 girls know him more than himself.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 23:03   Link #123
Izumo
Banned

Well, tomoya is a big failure as MC but at least the girls carry the LN even if is painfully deal with the guy.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 23:49   Link #124
d-rew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnAvaloN View Post
The volume is overall not as depressing as volume 7, although I personally wouldn't call the finally epilogue a happy one.
Yeah I guess you're right. It wasn't super happy but I just assumed worse from what I read so it just wasn't as bad as I expected.
d-rew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 18:59   Link #125
Ringil

Well, I finished reading volume 8. I actually thought it ended on a pretty good note.... and then the epilogue hit. Damn, what a beating.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 08:55   Link #126
real123

What do you think tomoka will do if his next game lose against them will he give up? Also why is megumi angry at eri didn't tomoka make up with her
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 08:05   Link #127
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

ok so this LN is finished?
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 10:09   Link #128
MagnAvaloN

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxus0923 View Post
Not yet; it just entered the second phase of its story.
Old 2015-08-19, 01:22   Link #129
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by real123 View Post
What do you think tomoka will do if his next game lose against them will he give up?
Well, he has best girl of all time as his model and if he still lose then he should suicide for embarrassing my Megumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxus0923 View Post
What r u come from? Space?
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-08, 20:08   Link #130
bakato

I tried looking, but does anyone know why volumes 2-4 were skipped?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-08, 21:08   Link #131
orange2501

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I tried looking, but does anyone know why volumes 2-4 were skipped?
nanodesu didn't skip them, they're just doing volumes 1 and 5 at the same time. Frankly, the meat of the story is in 5-7, and the anime did a good job adapting the first four volumes anyway.
orange2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-08, 21:26   Link #132
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange2501 View Post
nanodesu didn't skip them, they're just doing volumes 1 and 5 at the same time. Frankly, the meat of the story is in 5-7, and the anime did a good job adapting the first four volumes anyway.
Thanks! Did they say whether they'll do the rest?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 19:36   Link #133
Shadow5YA

A little late, but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Sounds like more of a misunderstanding on his part than an outright lack of faith and trust. It would make sense that he'd choose to go himself over one of the other girls going if he thought they didn't get along.
It just doesn't register for me as the kind of "betrayal/distrust" that would cause such a dramatic breakup of the group. I'm just not feeling it.
That's because going to nurse Eriri back to health wasn't why both she and Utaha left to go work on Fields Chronicle.

Bad management was indeed Iori's criticism, and part of why Megumi ignored him for a good ~2 months after Cherry Blessing was finished (i.e. he never consulted her about anything), but both Utaha and Eriri make it clear that they both left because they wanted to further their creative skills.

I'm rather surprised how you could completely miss the message for so long in the first place. Volume 7 emphasized how Eriri was in a slump, and how Tomoya coddled her by saying it would be fine if she draws whenever she feels like it. That is bad management, yes, but it has nothing to do with Tomoya's choice to personally go to her house when she was sick.

Tomoya simply didn't know where to draw the line. He was (and still is) a consumer otaku who was fine with whatever he got (even to the point where he mentioned he kind of wanted Eriri to stay by his side even if she couldn't draw), which hinders Eriri as an artist who needs criticism. Also, with how excessively large the game was as mentioned by Iori, it's highly likely that Tomoya never did any real rejections of Eriri and Utaha's drafts, and they were probably left to check themselves.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 19:55   Link #134
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
A little late, but..

That's because going to nurse Eriri back to health wasn't why both she and Utaha left to go work on Fields Chronicle.

Bad management was indeed Iori's criticism, and part of why Megumi ignored him for a good ~2 months after Cherry Blessing was finished (i.e. he never consulted her about anything), but both Utaha and Eriri make it clear that they both left because they wanted to further their creative skills.

I'm rather surprised how you could completely miss the message for so long in the first place. Volume 7 emphasized how Eriri was in a slump, and how Tomoya coddled her by saying it would be fine if she draws whenever she feels like it. That is bad management, yes, but it has nothing to do with Tomoya's choice to personally go to her house when she was sick.

Tomoya simply didn't know where to draw the line. He was (and still is) a consumer otaku who was fine with whatever he got (even to the point where he mentioned he kind of wanted Eriri to stay by his side even if she couldn't draw), which hinders Eriri as an artist who needs criticism. Also, with how excessively large the game was as mentioned by Iori, it's highly likely that Tomoya never did any real rejections of Eriri and Utaha's drafts, and they were probably left to check themselves.
He didn't read it(not even summaries), that's why.
Old 2015-11-12, 11:37   Link #135
MagnAvaloN

D-8 for Volume 9. Hopefully shipment goes well.
Old 2015-11-22, 01:14   Link #136
fidelbuds10

Anyone got a hold on Volume 9?

I only found images on the illustrations on 4chan and some very bad case of ship wars.
fidelbuds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 06:21   Link #137
orange2501

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelbuds10 View Post
Anyone got a hold on Volume 9?

I only found images on the illustrations on 4chan and some very bad case of ship wars.
You can just buy it on bookwalker. I don't know why, but outside of 4chan, the Saekano fanbase is generally pretty peaceful, but it's just a hellhole over there.

Spoiler for opinion on the volume:
Old 2015-11-22, 16:49   Link #138
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

You're making a big deal of such small thing you know?
Old 2015-11-22, 18:07   Link #139
orange2501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
You're making a big deal of such small thing you know?
Volume 8's hill scene is the climax of the story and indicates that Tomoya and Megumi have gotten much closer. Going back to the status quo right after that just makes the scene feel pointless. But that's not the main problem here, the biggest problem is that they don't give a good reason for why Eriri's key visual made them drop the first name basis so the whole thing feels unnatural. I don't think it's such a small thing at all considering how Eriri, Megumi, and Tomoya's conflict is the main part of the story now.
Old 2015-11-22, 18:38   Link #140
Izumo
Banned

So basically Maruto is extending the forced drama once again right?
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, romance, wimp protagonist, wish fulfilment