AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2021-04-06, 01:10   Link #3361
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Fujiwara : Anyhow I won't approve this! Kaguya-san is mine! I can't give her to some idiot like president!
Kaguya : Calm down, you congratulated me last time...
Fujiwara : Changing opinion is evidence of growing up! I'm starting to oppose soul when I see the real thing!

That's very Fujiwara
Old 2021-04-09, 01:17   Link #3362
BWTraveller
Born to ship

While I want to see more general development of the various plots and characters' situations, I have to admit it's delightful to see Chika back in top form again. At this point she's really just filler but boy does she fill it with fun.
Old 2021-04-09, 02:38   Link #3363
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

To prove himself worthy, Prez will have to master ballroom dancing without Fujiwara's assistance.

And that's how they broke up...
Old 2021-04-09, 03:14   Link #3364
James Rye

By breaking all of Kaguya's toes?
Old 2021-04-09, 04:16   Link #3365
Tenzen12

More like every single bone...
Old 2021-04-09, 09:12   Link #3366
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Fujiwara : Anyhow I won't approve this! Kaguya-san is mine! I can't give her to some idiot like president!
Kaguya : Calm down, you congratulated me last time...
Fujiwara : Changing opinion is evidence of growing up! I'm starting to oppose soul when I see the real thing!

That's very Fujiwara
I was foolish to even believe that Fujiwara is a steady person for a week.
Old 2021-04-09, 09:25   Link #3367
Lex79

It was a nice chapter, obviously everything is played for laughs and no real drama is going to happen. Fujiwara throwing a tantrum for silly and selfish reasons is 100% in character, remember when she was mad that the other student council members were planning to go to the festival without her...while her was enjoying a luxury trip abroad with her family?
Anyway, let's see what kind of challenge President will have to face in the next chapter.
Old 2021-04-09, 10:52   Link #3368
WingedAccelerator

Fujiwara feeling left out is okay, the rest is Aka's defeat, where he once again couldn't think of anything interesting for her, so she plays the role of the "already rejected heroine that doesn't approve of a relationship and/or still plays rivals just for the sake of it". Sad.
Old 2021-04-09, 18:45   Link #3369
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The chapter was the funniest in a long time.
Old 2021-04-09, 20:10   Link #3370
Wandering Soul

My only complaint is that they cut out the joke of Iino correcting Fujiwara that it's BSS instead of NTR, though that would probably be too niche for most people.
Old 2021-04-09, 21:03   Link #3371
Ichinotachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The chapter was the funniest in a long time.
And on top of that it went back to the roots of the manga, when it was just comedy arcs. Aka did a good job on doing this and sticking to what Fujiwara is for this manga, a comedy relief that is needed especially after so much drama in previous arcs like what happened with Ishigami.

Some people think that drama is needed for development just so they can pretend to be intellectuals, 5toubun PTSD
Old 2021-04-09, 22:32   Link #3372
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinotachi View Post
And on top of that it went back to the roots of the manga, when it was just comedy arcs. Aka did a good job on doing this and sticking to what Fujiwara is for this manga, a comedy relief that is needed especially after so much drama in previous arcs like what happened with Ishigami.

Some people think that drama is needed for development just so they can pretend to be intellectuals, 5toubun PTSD
To be honest, presentation of comedy is often more true to life than drama as it is more observational, whereas drama like tragedy only needs to get the feels going.
Old 2021-04-09, 23:39   Link #3373
Ichinotachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
To be honest, presentation of comedy is often more true to life than drama as it is more observational, whereas drama like tragedy only needs to get the feels going.
This is a good take on the comedy aspect to be honest, after all many truths are hidden between jokes.
Old 2021-04-10, 04:32   Link #3374
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
"Comedy is merely tragedy happening to someone else" ?
Old 2021-04-10, 04:38   Link #3375
WingedAccelerator

The manga's roots were not about Fujiwara on the receiving end of the jokes 24/7 unless you have a selective memory.

The past 2 chapters just proved that Aka can take whatever direction with Fujiwara, he earned enough goodwill through the manga's good parts that doing needless 180° turns with her are just as much praised as being the bigger person and congratulate Kaguya a chapter before. A simple switch of chapters and something between them would have been a feasible development for her, but no, she just have to continue being the buttmonkey for no real reason. Not sure how many times should I tell that I want her dignity back, I want Aka to stop treating her like an idiot, like a third-fifth wheel of the group, whose disappearance would be unnoticeable.

Or the Student Council should grow a spine already and stop pretending they care about her. It will be better for everyone.
Old 2021-04-12, 14:49   Link #3376
Ichinotachi

Sometimes is better to let the author speak for himself and how he proceeds with some developments, in this new chapter he literally slapped in the face all the drama queens that think "drama" is the way to proceed to force developments, I wonder what kind of excuses will be made now.

Fujiwara despite being aware of her place she really understood why she was feeling like everyone was excluding her, it was not because this is what was happening, it was the feeling of losing the people she loves. Aka does it again, and the ones complaining got blown the hell out.

Spoiler for F understands:
Old 2021-04-12, 15:18   Link #3377
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Finally Aka show Fujiwara's thought
Sad that we won't see no more Fujiwara mama after this as all this time she keep that "Oni' headband despite saying that she won't teach him again.
Now, since she believed Shirogane doesn't need her to teach him again, she finally can let it go....
Spoiler for oni:
Old 2021-04-12, 15:29   Link #3378
WingedAccelerator

It's easy to avoid civilized discussions regarding different opinions perceiving the work, if any bit of negative criticism results to pointing fingers, name calling and "drama" this, "drama" that. Wanting variety for a character hardly means wanting "drama".

Individually, the upcoming chapter is great. It truly had early Kaguya rootes this time around, not made up bullshits, with a funny twist at the end. Maybe we will get the Mountain vs. Beach rematch based on the new lessons, and also the possible return of French students. Comme c'est mignon.

But the three chapters Fujiwara pack as a whole was disorganized, thrown together without much care outside the upcoming chapter. The first one severely lacks the actual positive backbone of the Fujiwara-Kaguya relationship, be it past or present portrayal. The second one did a needless 180° turn and further ridiculed Fujiwara. The joke wore off long time ago. The third one is really good, making the past two unnecessary, but suffers from no breathing room inbetween the first two, quick "resoultion" cheapens the reward.
Old 2021-04-12, 17:29   Link #3379
James Rye

Yeah, it pretty much has a "Oh yeah, Fujiwara is also in the series and has no idea about this couple already ****ing each other. Gotta resolve that. Uhm... why the frick would Kaguya never tell her best friend who she got a crush on..." feeling with those three chapters. Could have used some build-up or chapters in the past preparing for some a future shift.
Old 2021-04-13, 00:03   Link #3380
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Honestly it doesn't seem as bad as you guys are claiming. She only told the people that she felt had knowledge and intelligence and wisdom to help her. Chika has been precious to her, but she was never any of those things, and so when Kaguya needed advice she's the last person she'd go to. The other council members figured it out because they're sharp and not so quick to simply buy a denial. Chika hears a flustered denial and believes it. But Kaguya did not tell Ishigami and Miko, they just figured it out. So while Chika wasn't the first person she told but she was the first SC member she told. And honestly I felt it was a pretty well-ordered scenario, starting with a deeper look into the pair's relationship, showing some comedic rejection and concluding with acceptance.

Also, considering how much people have complained that Chika's only there for comedy and that there's no dramatic development, it seems kind of funny that once confronted they say they never asked for drama. That said, I don't deny that I too would like to see her mature a bit and maybe have relationships that aren't so silly. I don't have a huge problem with it, as there are certainly plenty of high school students whose lives aren't near as angsty as the others' and can just enjoy their days at school, but it does indeed make a slightly excessive contrast for her to be quite this different from the others.
Closed Thread

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, genre shift, love triangle, memeguya, no longer our guy, quality decline, romcom, school life